Kanye west confirmed

mike99

kanye west is a talentless oaf and the glastonbury pathetic line up year after year has become third rate. Apart from Iron Maiden last year of course!

One of the reasons on the petition...

playing the race thing really? I couldnt give a crap if its oompa loompas with orange skin playing tambourines...........I complain about the booking because hes a shit egotistical w*nker who autotunes the crap out of his music and has other people even write his `best` songs.......he is everything wrong with todays music industry represented in one artist......maybe one step above x factor etc.....but not a big step!

but yeah people prefer white boys with guitars? who the hell do you think populates this forum? ukip? haha

He really doesnt use autotune that much. Who wrote his best songs? Is that a crime or something, dont bands usually share song writing credits? Why cant Kanye?

Whats wrong with his music and why is he a problem in the music industry? He comes from humble roots, had to work his arse off to get his record deal and had the entire industry doubting his success. Hes also put out 3 albums widely recognized as hip-hop classics.

You might not be a hip hop fan but dont diminish the fact Kanye has achieved alot in the genre and is one of the best producers of his generation.

Just listing to My beautiful dark twisted fantasy, such a good album

When he was rumored I was of the opinion that I might pop along if no one else is playing but now he's announced I'm genuinely excited. I think he'll put on one hell of a performance

You could never say Glastonbury line ups are boring.I can't stand bloody hip hop at all, but many do want this at Glastonbury, I'm not convinced its right for this festival, but I'm old school, and will give the Pyramid a wide berth, always plenty more to see. People should get used to acts like this,with Emily more and more involved, you can expect more like this from now on.Time will tell if its the right thing to do.

playing the race thing really? I couldnt give a crap if its oompa loompas with orange skin playing tambourines...........I complain about the booking because hes a shit egotistical w*nker who autotunes the crap out of his music and has other people even write his `best` songs.......he is everything wrong with todays music industry represented in one artist......maybe one step above x factor etc.....but not a big step!

but yeah people prefer white boys with guitars? who the hell do you think populates this forum? ukip? haha

Surely you understand that he uses auto tune not to mask an inability to sing, but as an effect in the same way a guitarist might use and effects pedal?

Or do you not respect artistry?

I'm struggling to understand the hate. Kanye has one of the best back catalogues around, a few years ago released one of the best albums in recent times (Dark Fantasy), is quite respected and varied artistically but still have an good collection of hits - seems quite a good booking.

Is it because his general douchebag attitude? or hate for hiphop?

The attitude will only make the show more entertaining, and if you hate hiphop... well, that's your problem, but generally Kanye have one of the 'easiest to digest' sounds - full of melodies and not just talking, and interesting instrumentation and not just beats.

I think he will be great.

public enemy last year was good hip hop I have no problem with hip hop, indeed am a fan of some legends of the genre.....,.......west however is a whiny fame desperate diva who cares more about making controversial headlines then his music these days....if he ever did come from humble roots hes long forgotten them...put it this way? is he more known nowdays for his latest album? or the fact he shamelessy jumps all over other artists achievements at awards shows? .....nuff said.

He is known for whatever you choose to know him as. I personally dont care about award shows. I do however enjoy his music. He IS a legend of the genre, whether you like it or not. I also wouldnt agree that he prefers to make headlines than make music but hey thats just me.

public enemy last year was good hip hop I have no problem with hip hop, indeed am a fan of some legends of the genre.....,.......west however is a whiny fame desperate diva who cares more about making controversial headlines then his music these days....if he ever did come from humble roots hes long forgotten them...put it this way? is he more known nowdays for his latest album? or the fact he shamelessy jumps all over other artists achievements at awards shows? .....nuff said.

you say that like it's a bad thing.