Kanye west confirmed

mike99

doesnt piss me off old son

i think its a poor headliner and just means i dont have to be there sat night ......but if your pleased hes playing why are you not gonna be seeing him ???

My post wasn't aimed at you, you have the same view as me on him. It was aimed at people saying things like "I won't be going then"

I want a glasto away from the Pyramid, I have said that all along. I want to explorein the evenings rather than being at one of the bigger stages like I have been in the past.

If it is going to be an act I don't like, I'd rather sit back and read people lob their toys out of the pram. So on that basis.. come on down Kanye.

Absolutely phenomenal booking. I swear 9/10 people who say Kanye's terrible haven't listened to his music. He's an easy guy to hate

Regardless, expect this show to be full of special guests. His surprise show in London last month has been hailed by a few music magazines to be one of the best hip hop shows of all time, bringing out a couple Wu-Tangs, Big Sean and a load of UK Grime characters.

spot on.

OMG this has to be a wind up... WHAT AN EPIC FAIL THIS 1 IS.. Jay z was a proven artist who consistently produces good music.. This guy is just a knob... Gettin like v fest in the lineup choices now

That's gonna be one empty pyramid crowd

So happy I didn't get a ticket this year (this one x one million

My first time at Glasto and you book that prick! Disappointed!

Bunch of toffs in a field getting covered in clarts and wearing wellies. I'd rather sit in my garden with some cans blasting the radio

Shame, worst of all he did a duet with Chris Martin

What?!!! Bring back the old Glastonbury with decent musicians not mass commercial idiots that appeal to people that only just fancied going to Glastonbury in the last two years
Personal favourite.

oh yes because all great talents have to autotune the crap out of their music and put more focus on their egotisitical rants then their album releases..........the guys a fraud...you want good hip hop we had it last year with public enemy...kanye is the complete polar opposite to that, commercal boring pap hop haha

I'm not sure what point this clip is meant to illustrate (is this the best booking of all tme or the end of the world?). But it nicely illustrates my issues with a lot of live hip hop.

The music is good, there's a sing-along chorus, but I can get that at home with his CDs. What I'm left with, therefore, is a bloke strolling around yelling into a mike.

Given that outdoor sound systems are never great, I won't be able to make out what he's saying, and so not really appreciate his dexterity. As a live spectacle, it leaves a lot to be desired. I saw Eminem at V (God I hate that festival) and felt the same. And I know and really like his stuff.

I'm unlikely to take a crash course in Kanye before the festival, so I'm not willing to risk being bored just because he is headlining. I will be elsewhere - Lord knows there's enough other choices - but I fear that this isn't a great headliner, because it's not one for the neutrals, and at a festival (sold out before the acts are known) there's going to be a lot of those.

Fair, eminem is known to lip sync live whereas kanye puts on a great show, check his late orchestration performance, the video was just cos of the song title mate.