Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Initial feeling - meh (if I understand what this means)

few seconds more thought - you know what I love about festivals, the chance to see/listen to stuff I wouldn't normally make the effort to. So depending on clashes - I may give it a go, if I like I'll stay, if not I wander off somewhere else with a smile because i'm at Glastonbury and every moment is special

Anyone binning tickets based on one or all pyramid headliners I can only presume have not been before - may just be me, no offence meant

You're a fucking great festival goer, hope he pulls it off, hope you love it!

Absolutely phenomenal booking. I swear 9/10 people who say Kanye's terrible haven't listened to his music. He's an easy guy to hate

Regardless, expect this show to be full of special guests. His surprise show in London last month has been hailed by a few music magazines to be one of the best hip hop shows of all time, bringing out a couple Wu-Tangs, Big Sean and a load of UK Grime characters.

Actually I tell you what, despite my disappointment literally five minutes ago I'm starting to come around to the idea that it must be better than a lot of pop shite rumoured. At least it's a tad unpredictable.

Can't imagine I'll be there in a thousand years, but I'll give some of his more acclaimed, earlier stuff a listen - I still maintain the new stuff is horrific in places though :P

this is one of the last festivals around that activly promotes artistic talent over `whats cool`......people justifiably get angry when they see that slipping like with this booking, no merit to kanye other then to get a bbc spot and in the papers a bit more.

what, you mean Kanye, one of the most critically praised artists of the 00's? shut up mate

• Upvote 3

this is one of the last festivals around that activly promotes artistic talent over `whats cool`......people justifiably get angry when they see that slipping like with this booking, no merit to kanye other then to get a bbc spot and in the papers a bit more.

I don't get how you can say he has no talent though, based off of what? If you're going by music critics, then he's actually one of the most critically acclaimed artists of the 21st century?

Artistic talent? Like Kasabian and Mumford and Sons? Kanye West has been one of the most prolific producers of the last 10 years?

• Upvote 1

Actually I tell you what, despite my disappointment literally five minutes ago I'm starting to come around to the idea that it must be better than a lot of pop shite rumoured. At least it's a tad unpredictable.

Can't imagine I'll be there in a thousand years, but I'll give some of his more acclaimed, earlier stuff a listen - I still maintain the new stuff is horrific in places though :P

This is the most dramatic change of tune I've seen in a long time

whoever is headlining jazz world ,the Other and all stages will be pleased .........set to be the lowest ever Headline audience.

All i need now is 1 more shite booking for the Sunday and for the first time ever I wont see a headliner at the Pyramid,

hope as soon as he walks on stage somebody runs up and grabs the mike and says

" you don't deserve that son"

Edited by port

I'm not one to swear usually.....however on this occasion.....what an utter crock of f**ing bo***ks.

He has done nothing worthy of being a headliner to my mind let alone recently.

I'll be elsewhere so it won't matter but seriously wtf ?????

Have you not got any yeezy or something?