2015 - any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

Hello boilerman, you not doing wickerman this year ? I met you at a meet up there back in 2012, i'm sure I work for the same company as you did at the time, but you were on the helpdesk from what I remember

General atmosphere is fairly good, festivals got a similar pull to Wickerman as in there's not a lot else of that type in the area so it attracts a lot of families as well as teens. You'll find it very compact in comparison to Wickerman though which gives the impression of it being a lot busier. Can't really compare it to many other festivals as I've only done wickerman and glastonbury really. But every year it sells out and every year it expands a little bit if that's any use at how succesful and popular it is.

I would guess it'll be fairly busy at 10am both thursday and Friday depending on when your planning on getting there, although from what I've heard there could be a 2nd enterance this year which will speed things up.

If you don't want to be in the mix I'd avoid camping next to the arena enterance and stay more round the outskirts, quiet camping is fine as well, it's not like a library they just don't want people running around going mental at 3am !

There are 3 or 4 stages that go on till 3am, chai wallahs will probably suit you more

We're still waiting for a site map but im sure it'll be out soon.

As for an efest meet, there's usually one on the thursday night but the main stage is open this year so not sure what the plans are. Sure something will be sorted in next few weeks though

Anything more feel free to ask

Hi  Ramragon, thanks for the reply. I remember ya now :).  gonna be getting there on the Friday hopefully leaving Glasgow about 07:30 so should be there for 09:30 ish.   Hopefully any efest meet could be lunchtime ish fri.   hope to catch up sometime.

Not doing Wickerman just not enough time off.   

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't sound like you've got to purchase tickets for the shuttle in advance. Here's the official blurb -

PENRITH STATION – FESTIVAL SHUTTLE BUS

Kendal Calling is at Lowther Deer Park, so it’s just 15 minutes on the dedicated shuttle bus from Penrith Railway Station to the festival.

Penrith to the Festival

Thursday 10am – 6:30pm

Friday 7am – 7pm

The Festival to Penrith

Monday 5:30am – 12noon

I've managed to win a pair of tickets for this and have just been told they come with VIP camping too :) but there is not much info out there with what that actually means. Anyone know? I assume its just a seperate area for camping with decent toilets and another bar?

I would guess it'll probably include tickets for maybes the emperors field which is the upgraded camping option where you can park closer to the tent and the field usually has its own arena enterance.

It may include access to the on site posh toilet block and possibly the lakeside bar.

I would guess it'll probably include tickets for maybes the emperors field which is the upgraded camping option where you can park closer to the tent and the field usually has its own arena enterance.

It may include access to the on site posh toilet block and possibly the lakeside bar.

We went on a freebie in 2012 and yes this is indeed what it entailed for us anyway.

The lakeside bar is unnecessary as it's never busy at the main bar, and the toilets aren't that bad elsewhere so I wouldn't get too excited about VIP but emperor's is certainly a win, we didn't do it last year when we went back and regretted it.

so anybody know the answer to the parking question i posted on sunday ?

Is deer lodge where you get an emperors field ticket/wristband to access the area and you just take an email to actually check into your lodge? 

I am not too sure but don't want to just ignore your post - we are in emperors camping and have been sent an emperors field car parking pass (didn't buy an extra one as been caught out with that before) - sent totally separate to our tickets and received week before last.

It doesn't answer your question but hope that info helps a little, if not then sorry!

Is deer lodge where you get an emperors field ticket/wristband to access the area and you just take an email to actually check into your lodge? 

I am not too sure but don't want to just ignore your post - we are in emperors camping and have been sent an emperors field car parking pass (didn't buy an extra one as been caught out with that before) - sent totally separate to our tickets and received week before last.

It doesn't answer your question but hope that info helps a little, if not then sorry!

Thanks anyway

quoted from the leaflet that came with the emperors parking pass....

''Emperors fields/Deer Lodge Customers - we realise that you may have more than one vehicle in your party.  Where possible please travel in convoy to the festival and your extra parking pass (if applicable) will be issued onsite''

This is the first year that I have been sent an actual parking pass, last year you just had to show one emperors ticket per car to the parking stewards and you were given a pass on the spot

Hi,

First time at Kendal Calling but been to Glasto, Big Chill, V etc in the past.

And apologies if this has already been covered but found conflicting info about gazebos. V always said they were banned but we always used them so just wondered what people's experience was at KC?

Makes a huge difference if it's raining and you want to chill out at your tent in a group rather than sitting in separate tents.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Optimistic reecey lad, that's what we like !

The official stance is that no gazebos are allowed, however I've never actually seen anyone being told to take 1 down and if your camping in a group and that's in th middle what's the harm. Just take one and put it up, if you get told to pu it down I'm sure that you could probably plead that from where you stand you can see another 59 gazebos !

I've taken a gazebo for the last 5 years without a problem. I think the only issue would be if they are tight for space and said gazebo is taking a space that could fit a tent in it. As long as you aren't taking the pee space-wise I'm sure you'll be fine. Like Ram says you'd have to be pretty unlucky for security to ask to take yours down when there are another 50+ dotted about all round you.

It's probably not an emperors ticket youll receive, the wristbands will be different for general/quiet/family camping to that of upgraded options like deer park and emperors. Different wristbands will give you access to different fields.

There will probably be an announcement soon on enterance but im guessing from what I've heard there will probably be a different enterance for premium camping compared to general to speed things up.

Don't think they'll send out emperors tickets cos people would just flog em and claim they never got theirs

Thanks for the gazebo advice. For £25 it's worth the risk. Looking forward to it. Hopefully we'll just be using it to shade ourselves from the beating sun.

One other question is around the best time to get there on Friday by car.  We were aiming to set off from Manchester around 7.30am on Friday to get there at 9ish but just wondered what it's like getting there, how difficult it is to find a camping spot and what time the action starts.

When I first started going to Glastonbury in the late 90's we'd drive down on Wednesday and there'd be a handful of people there whereas now people are camping in their cars on Tuesday night. Just wondered if it's a similar scenario.