2015 - any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramragon you seem to be the oracle! I'm camping in emporers. What time do the gates open to start pitching tents? Is it crowded and therefore I'll have to pitch them close together?

He actually should be working and not typing on here...I'll be checking Workbrain to see what he's been up to instead of doing what he's paid to do!!!

:sarcastic:

Cheers Ram! Thurlow I'll be there as early as possible on Thursday. Is there a sat nav code for it or good old fashioned map reading?

once you get over to penrith they try to signpost folk down to shap and up from the south but if you nip in the way your sat nav tells you it'll be a little bit quicker

Like thurlow says the festival is well signposted, from around 15 miles north or south on the m6 theres roadsigns telling you what junction to come off and what roads to take. Its hard to get lost

On maps just look for lowther deer park. They try and direct traffic a certain way to minimise disruption on the roads and villages in the area (cue ranting and raving from lochland)

Like thurlow says the festival is well signposted, from around 15 miles north or south on the m6 theres roadsigns telling you what junction to come off and what roads to take. Its hard to get lost

On maps just look for lowther deer park. They try and direct traffic a certain way to minimise disruption on the roads and villages in the area (cue ranting and raving from lochland)

If folks dont want cars driving through villages they shouldnt build roads in them ;)

Hi there

I am hoping to bring myself and my two teens (14 and 16) to KC this year. We are travelling from Ireland and have no tickets as yet...so...I have two questions ....

1...Should I buy whatever is available on Twickets at the best price now to be sure to be sure (lol) or chance leaving it till nearer the time and hoping prices go down?

2. How strict are they on the age ID thing...ie if I rock up with my two teens (who frankly look like non identical twins and are often taken for same) with two 11-15 tickets are they gonna insist on ID for them or will they assume they are 15 - my 16yr old lad is very short for his age and looks about 14,  where his sis who is actually only 14 looks older lol!

I am a seasoned festi goer myself (so well able to wing it a little if needs be) and not really a newbie on here-I used to be petaldaze and was on the Glasto boards a good deal a while back-account went inactive and it was easier to sign in with FB.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice re KC which I have never been to :)

Edited by Al in Mayo

Hi there

I am hoping to bring myself and my two teens (14 and 16) to KC this year. We are travelling from Ireland and have no tickets as yet...so...I have two questions ....

1...Should I buy whatever is available on Twickets at the best price now to be sure to be sure (lol) or chance leaving it till nearer the time and hoping prices go down?

2. How strict are they on the age ID thing...ie if I rock up with my two teens (who frankly look like non identical twins and are often taken for same) with two 11-15 tickets are they gonna insist on ID for them or will they assume they are 15 - my 16yr old lad is very short for his age and looks about 14, where his sis who is actually only 14 looks older lol!

I am a seasoned festi goer myself (so well able to wing it a little if needs be) and not really a newbie on here-I used to be petaldaze and was on the Glasto boards a good deal a while back-account went inactive and it was easier to sign in with FB.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice re KC which I have never been to :)

Just buy tickets here

https://m.ticketline.co.uk/order/tickets/13307599/kendal-calling-2015-tier-5-resale-cumbria-lowther-deer-park-2015-07-31-09-00-00

That doesn't work for me...only adult tickets available there (I need teen tickets)...and why wouldn't I buy from twickets when they are cheaper? Do you have some reason to not buy from twickets?

I've never even looked at twickets mate, I just posted link , I only saw thursday under age tickets for sale and presumed all types were available ! My bad!

I've got 2 spare under 10 emperor fields tickets you can have them if you want you might just blag your kids in if they crouch down and have a shave before you arrive .

Twickets is a good a place to start as any, it's the site the festival are recommending this year as they don't add silly mark ups on the tickets, basically it's face value.

Another place to look is on their Facebook page, any of there posts are littered with tickets for sale posts. You'll probably pay under face value on there as people just want to flog them and with less than 20 days left they'll be getting nervy !

Morning all, I`m going to kendal Calling for the first time this year and have a few questions :)

i`ve been doing festivals since 1976 (Reading festival when it was called the reading jazz Blues and Rock feastival) and normally do 6/7 a year. This year its been Brew @ the Bog, Bearded Theory, Download and Glastonbury with Alchemy and SiTD to do in September...... so i`ve a bit of experience :)

1) whats the general atmosphere like?

2) what festival would you say it`s most like?

3) gonna be arriving about 10 am, are there likely to be much of a queue to get in?

4) best place to camp? don`t mind a noisy/party camp but won`t put up with dickheads.

5) after the main stages finish are there areas in the areana that go on late? 2/3/4am

6)is there a sit map avaliable before arrival?

7) IS THERE AN EFEST MEET?

At my tent my normal festi flag (my avatar) will be flying so come and say hello :)         Will most likely be wearing my NFRNFC t-shirt on the Friday so again come and say Hi.

See you in a field soon.

Edited by THEBOILERMAN

Oh yeah....Facebook! Doh! Sometimes I am a bear of very little brain :) Thanks Ramragon :)

The teens are getting very antsy bout buying the tickets but I have to say I am of a mind to hang loose and see how cheaply we can get them. It's rotten for us Euro spenders at the moment :(

Hello boilerman, you not doing wickerman this year ? I met you at a meet up there back in 2012, i'm sure I work for the same company as you did at the time, but you were on the helpdesk from what I remember

General atmosphere is fairly good, festivals got a similar pull to Wickerman as in there's not a lot else of that type in the area so it attracts a lot of families as well as teens. You'll find it very compact in comparison to Wickerman though which gives the impression of it being a lot busier. Can't really compare it to many other festivals as I've only done wickerman and glastonbury really. But every year it sells out and every year it expands a little bit if that's any use at how succesful and popular it is.

I would guess it'll be fairly busy at 10am both thursday and Friday depending on when your planning on getting there, although from what I've heard there could be a 2nd enterance this year which will speed things up.

If you don't want to be in the mix I'd avoid camping next to the arena enterance and stay more round the outskirts, quiet camping is fine as well, it's not like a library they just don't want people running around going mental at 3am !

There are 3 or 4 stages that go on till 3am, chai wallahs will probably suit you more

We're still waiting for a site map but im sure it'll be out soon.

As for an efest meet, there's usually one on the thursday night but the main stage is open this year so not sure what the plans are. Sure something will be sorted in next few weeks though

Anything more feel free to ask

Oh yeah....Facebook! Doh! Sometimes I am a bear of very little brain :) Thanks Ramragon :)

The teens are getting very antsy bout buying the tickets but I have to say I am of a mind to hang loose and see how cheaply we can get them. It's rotten for us Euro spenders at the moment :(

Ive seen them on there for £100 a ticket which isn't bad and will save you around £50 on face value and booking fees