ID accepted onsite - appears to have changed this year

glasto-worker

ID accepted onsite:
o Citizen Card
o Validate_UK
o Full or provisional photo card driving licence issued by the DVLA (any photo card driving licences issued between 1998 and 2007 will need a second from of ID)
o Passport (photocopies not accepted)
o Valid UK card bearing PASS hologram
o PASS card
its the ' Full or provisional photo card driving licence issued by the DVLA (any photo card driving licences issued between 1998 and 2007 will need a second from of ID) ' that has changed from previous years.
I wonder who thought this up because You must renew a photocard licence every 10 years so most of the dates they quote are not relevant as I know at the bars they will check if its valid - they would not accept a out of date license nor passport.
Edited by glasto-worker

thank christ I'm an old bastard. None of this crap was required in my day. I remember strolling in to my local pub with just a paper birth certificate with the date crudely amended...and it was still never asked for.

Halcyon days.

The downside of course is that I'll soon be dead.

I know what you mean - Bloody hell I don't think I had a passport until I was over 21 and my full driving licence did not have a photo on it.
at some events Trading Standards will brief that only a Full photo card driving licence can be accepted but the next bloody day another briefing officer will say you can accept Full or provisional photo card driving licence.
even that list posted by FR is not 100% correct as it should be ' A current Passport '
lucky enough I stay well out of it as I work in the Crew Bar and all the staff ID's are checked if they look under 25 before they are issued a WBC Pass.
when I am in a public bar at a festival { very rare these days } the underage drinkers will slink away as they prefer younger staff - perhaps they think they will be more sympathetic but I will dive in if I think someone is taking the piss.
once we discover fake ID { very easy with UV Lights } we keep it { they are passed on to Trading Standards } - this will upset little Johnny who thinks we should hand it back but he has no chance.

I know what you mean - Bloody hell I don't think I had a passport until I was over 21 and my full driving licence did not have a photo on it.
at some events Trading Standards will brief that only a Full photo card driving licence can be accepted but the next bloody day another briefing officer will say you can accept Full or provisional photo card driving licence.

For a long time after I turned 18 I didn't have an in-date passport and only a provisional license. Come to think of it, I think one of our group only has a provisional, he's 24, it'd be a right mickey take if he wasn't allowed to be served.

For a long time after I turned 18 I didn't have an in-date passport and only a provisional license. Come to think of it, I think one of our group only has a provisional, he's 24, it'd be a right mickey take if he wasn't allowed to be served.

it is a very grey area because it all depends on what the ' Local Trading Standards ' say on the day - I know in Hyde Park 2006 { we were there for two weeks } that one day the Local Trading Standards representative said ' only a Full photo card driving licence can be accepted ' and the very next day a different Local Trading Standards representative said ' you can accept Full or provisional photo card driving licence. ' and on the third day we were back to ' only a Full photo card driving licence can be accepted ' which left everyone confused because it was the same venue - nothing else had changed.
As its Local Trading Standards who can push to prosecute bar staff ' we will go on what they say '
on the ' What ID cards to accept ' posters that are pinned up in every bar
they state ' do not accept Provisional Motorcycle Permit - do not accept a National Identity card - do not accept a NUS card - do not accept a International Student Identity Card ' and on occasions I have seen listed ' do not accept a provisional photo card driving licence '
that poster goes on to add ' Only accept a Valid passport ' { which means one that is not out of date } and will continue with Only accept a Valid photo card driving licence issued by the DVLA.
now the last time I saw a provisional photo card driving licence it was green and a full photo card driving licence is pink.
most bars will be using this guidance PDF