TITP 2016

thewayiam

Looking at some of the comments on this thread, dire , T needs something amazing not the endless drivel that is EDM and friends fuck Harris and Guetta.

Next year ...

Friday night ..Radiohead

Sat Night ..Daftpunk

Sunday night .Pearl Jam :D

Would be great if T splashed out a wee bit :D

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Headliners aside I'd like to see a few of Pet Shop Boys, Belle & Sebastian, Die Antwoord, Madeon, Knife Party, Weezer, Caribou, SBTRKT, Moderat, Little Dragon feat. at the next years T. A good spread of different genres and acts that don't play regularly that I'd like to see.

Also with their big return this year I could see Faithless being back at T either as a late addition to 2015 or a decent friday tuts headliner 2016.

wonder if t will bring some form of rapper in next year, correct me if i'm wrong but they have not brought in a big name rapper since Snoop in 2013, maybe Kendrick next year?

I saw Kendrick at Primavera last year and he was very underwhelming, I know its a completely different crowd but everyone was disinterested bar about 100 people and you could see it reflect on his performance.

I saw Kendrick at Primavera last year and he was very underwhelming, I know its a completely different crowd but everyone was disinterested bar about 100 people and you could see it reflect on his performance.

I could say the exact same thing about T 2013. I personally hadn't heard his music before so I got bored and went to see Fidlar instead.

More thorough guess for next year

Friday:

Mumford & Sons

Kendrick Lamar

Ben Howard

All Time Low

Royal Blood

Chvrches

Haim

John Newman

Frightened Rabbit

Tame Impala

Flying Lotus

Fuse ODG

Saturday:

Calvin Harris/Florence & The Machine

Axwell & Ingrosso

Primal Scream

Foals

Faithless

Years & Years

Circa Waves

Catfish & The Bottlemen

Katy B

White Lies

Jess Glynne

Sunday:

Blur

Disclosure

Bastille

James Bay

Chase & Status

Two Door Cinema Club

Franz Ferdinand & Sparks

Amy MacDonald

London Grammar

Editors

Wolf Alice

Jack Garratt

• 1 month later...

Friday:

Main

Mumford & Sons

Disclosure

R1

The Strokes

CHVRCHES

King Tut’s Wah Wah Tent

Kendrick Lamar

Saturday:

Main

Calvin Harris

Florence + The Machine

Royal Blood

R1

Foals

London Grammar

King Tut's Wah Wah Tent

Interpol

Sunday:

Main

Blur

Chase & Status

R1

Axwell^Ingrosso

The Vaccines

King Tut's Wah Wah Tent

Haim

Very wishful with a touch of realism (Calvin, Mumfords, The Vaccines,,,)

Edited by DanielM17

Think all of those slots are realistic enough, although I'm not 100% on CHVRCHES being a sub even on Radio 1. They'd need a bit of an increase in popularity I reckon.

EDIT: Actually, Kendrick Lamar, if he plays, would be in a better slot I think.

Edited by DomDom1984

I toyed with the idea of placing Kendrick higher, but he played a sorta middle of the day Main slot last time and apparently it was pretty dead by all accounts.

CHVRCHES played second or third down on Tut's last year, don't think it is unrealistic for them to sub R1 after another album.

Edited by DanielM17

I toyed with the idea of placing Kendrick higher, but he played a sorta middle of the day Main slot last time and apparently it was pretty dead by all accounts.

CHVRCHES played second or third down on Tut's last year, don't think it is unrealistic for them to sub R1 after another album.

That's true but he's a lot bigger now and is subbing R&L and co-headlining Wireless this year so I reckon he'd get an equivalent slot at T.

kingcrawler, on 18 May 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

That's true but he's a lot bigger now and is subbing R&L and co-headlining Wireless this year so I reckon he'd get an equivalent slot at T.

Aye, I'd say that too. I caught a wee touch of him at T while moving about and it was dead as said. Well, dead by that day's standards. There was still a decent crowd there. Everywhere else was jumping that Friday night though. Best atmosphere I've seen at T that day.