sisters doing it for themselves

5co77ie

Have a look through any major festival line up & it will be obvious...

Really? I've yet to see any festival line-up that details the sexuality breakdown of the acts. :rolleyes:

Equality is a nice notion, but in reality people like to pick & choose what sort of 'equality' suits the point they're trying to make.

I don't disagree that it's selective - but is so any attempt at improving anything. There's always a better way, or something else that can be tackled instead.

We don't stop trying to be better just because we don't manage to do everything at once.

If your take held true, you'd be called a poofter each time you went out, would find it hard to getb a job, a house,, etc, etc - because we could have been tackling more important issues that sexuality for the last 50 years. :rolleyes:

Equality is a nice notion, but in reality people like to pick & choose what sort of 'equality' suits the point they're trying to make.

As Emily Eavis pointed out in her interview, equality has to be something you consciously think about as it's all too easy to fill a bill onesidedly if you don't consider it:

Yes, yes, every day, because if you don't watch it, it would be mostly blokes. You look at the amount of bands about, and for me it's a conscious thing, I just want to make sure there's a balance. I think you can easily fill a bill without thinking about it, and then realise there aren't enough females. We just try and get the balance right, and it is easy to do, there's so many amazing female artists. It's not like we're struggling to find them, there's as many good female artists as there are men, we just try and get the balance right.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2015/interview-emilyeavis.shtml