Rock en Seine 2015 - Paris

labolabo

We had great weather first year we went, pissed it down second time. Staying in a hotel which is 10 minutes tram ride from festival, £130 from Thu-Mon. Stayed there before, pretty much like a Travelodge, great for the money. You were allowed to take drink in from campsite first year, filled Camelbak with Rum and Coke. They've stopped that now and are quite tight with searching you.

What are the bar prices like? I'm only going for the day and the ticket was so cheap that I don't mind splashing out a bit but still want to get an idea of how many euros to get.

Paris itself always seems quite dear compared to other European cities I've been to.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the bar prices like? I'm only going for the day and the ticket was so cheap that I don't mind splashing out a bit but still want to get an idea of how many euros to get.

Paris itself always seems quite dear compared to other European cities I've been to.

Think it was about 5/6 Euros a drink in the festival so not much difference from British festivals. We are staying not far from the festival site so out of the city centre, prices in the bars around there and even around the festival site were reasonable. Never bothered going into city centre on our other two trips over, but plan to this time. What day did you opt for then?

Think it was about 5/6 Euros a drink in the festival so not much difference from British festivals. We are staying not far from the festival site so out of the city centre, prices in the bars around there and even around the festival site were reasonable. Never bothered going into city centre on our other two trips over, but plan to this time. What day did you opt for then?

Cheers for the info. I'm going on the Saturday, mainly for the Libertines, the ticket is way cheaper than seeing them at T or R&L. Coming down from Glasgow so staying in London Fri night and then getting an early Eurostar on Saturday morning.

Cheers for the info. I'm going on the Saturday, mainly for the Libertines, the ticket is way cheaper than seeing them at T or R&L. Coming down from Glasgow so staying in London Fri night and then getting an early Eurostar on Saturday morning.

We are flying from Edinburgh on the Thursday. Went over on the Friday first time, but it was really tight for first bands that day. Staying till the Monday, can't wait.

Beer 5.5 Euros last year plus 1 Euro deposit on a quite substantial plastic souvenir 0.5 litre glass.

The bars we went to outside always seemed pretty expensive (8-9 Euros) unless they were in happy hour mode. I also just remembered we got a litre jug of wine somewhere on site for about 20 Euros.

We didn't camp, but they did not seem to be particularly bothered about bringing booze in - they checked bags but not pockets of cargo shorts etc.

When you get out at the St Cloud Metro there is a little corner shop for all your booze requirements including some very cheap but palatable wine in little plastic bottles which easily fit in a variety of pockets

We are flying from Edinburgh on the Thursday. Went over on the Friday first time, but it was really tight for first bands that day. Staying till the Monday, can't wait.

Going to try the one day this year but if its decent I fancy going for the whole thing next time.

Beer 5.5 Euros last year plus 1 Euro deposit on a quite substantial plastic souvenir 0.5 litre glass.

The bars we went to outside always seemed pretty expensive (8-9 Euros) unless they were in happy hour mode. I also just remembered we got a litre jug of wine somewhere on site for about 20 Euros.

We didn't camp, but they did not seem to be particularly bothered about bringing booze in - they checked bags but not pockets of cargo shorts etc.

When you get out at the St Cloud Metro there is a little corner shop for all your booze requirements including some very cheap but palatable wine in little plastic bottles which easily fit in a variety of pockets

Paris bars are pretty expensive but last time I was there we found a few cheaper places and some happy hours so it wasn't too bad. Will keep an eye out for the shop, cheap wine in France is the sort of thing you get charged £8 a bottle for over here so I'm sure I'll find something nice :)

Going to try the one day this year but if its decent I fancy going for the whole thing next time.

Paris bars are pretty expensive but last time I was there we found a few cheaper places and some happy hours so it wasn't too bad. Will keep an eye out for the shop, cheap wine in France is the sort of thing you get charged £8 a bottle for over here so I'm sure I'll find something nice :)

We found a nice wee wine shop round the corner from hotel with all price ranges. Guy was bang on and helped us select. Was kind of wasted as we then sat and drank it in the park like a couple of jake balls :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, looking at getting tickets to this for me and my partner, line-up looks good and you cant beat the price! Just wondering if they have food vans/stalls onsite and what they are like?? Also is alchol exepnsive? Cheers

Plenty of food stalls on site - Last year they had an area with lots of food stalls from different parts of the world and a massive pop up fast food restaurant(Mcdonalds stylee)by the second stage. They also seemed to have several Pick n Mix sweet stores which were very popular with the French.

Booze wise last year 0.5 litre was 5.5 Euros

Plenty of food stalls on site - Last year they had an area with lots of food stalls from different parts of the world and a massive pop up fast food restaurant(Mcdonalds stylee)by the second stage. They also seemed to have several Pick n Mix sweet stores which were very popular with the French.

Booze wise last year 0.5 litre was 5.5 Euros

Cheers for that :)

• 3 weeks later...

We're looking at this as an alternative to our usual festival. 

Can anyone recommend areas to stay in Paris?, been looking but it's a minefield with the place being so massive.

Cheap, easy access and late bars are the priorities.

Thanks in advance.

We're looking at this as an alternative to our usual festival. 

Can anyone recommend areas to stay in Paris?, been looking but it's a minefield with the place being so massive.

Cheap, easy access and late bars are the priorities.

Thanks in advance.

We are staying in the Campanile hotel in Pont De Suresnes, which is about 10 minutes tram ride from the festival site. Stayed there last time we were there, ideal for access. Few bars and shops around hotel, it's basically just a suburb of the city, not bouncing, but cheap and good location.

Stage splits out and only real clash for me is FFS and Catfish and The Bottlemen. Hot Chip and Stereophonics surprisingly far down the bill, but it is a French festival so ho hum. I saw Biffy Clyro there 4 years ago and they were the first band on!!

Finally got all my travel arrangements sorted for this so I can start looking forward to it and even more excited after seeing the Libs at Glastonbury last week, if they're half as good in Paris I'll be delighted.

I'm staying around Gare Du Nord, I'm only going to the festival on the Saturday so being close to the station and the pubs etc was a bigger priority for me than being near the festival site.

Finally got all my travel arrangements sorted for this so I can start looking forward to it and even more excited after seeing the Libs at Glastonbury last week, if they're half as good in Paris I'll be delighted.

I'm staying around Gare Du Nord, I'm only going to the festival on the Saturday so being close to the station and the pubs etc was a bigger priority for me than being near the festival site.

I had actually feared the worst regarding The Libertines, only caught Can't Stand Me Now on the coverage and I thought it sounded terrible. For once Pete Doherty actually looked about the most sober of them all!! Was the overall performance much better than that then?

I had actually feared the worst regarding The Libertines, only caught Can't Stand Me Now on the coverage and I thought it sounded terrible. For once Pete Doherty actually looked about the most sober of them all!! Was the overall performance much better than that then?

Yep they smashed it, atmosphere in the crowd was immense too.CSMN is probably my least favourite of their songs and even that was good at the time. I've seen them a few times and that was by far the tightest and best I've seen from them. They'll always be a bit ramshackle but that's part of the attraction for me.

Edited by coma girl

Yep they smashed it, atmosphere in the crowd was immense too.CSMN is probably my least favourite of their songs and even that was good at the time. I've seen them a few times and that was by far the tightest and best I've seen from them. They'll always be a bit ramshackle but that's part of the attraction for me.

I think the unpredictability is sometimes an endearing feature about them, so we shall see how they come across in Paris. Any of the British bands I've seen there have always had a good reaction, the Brits are always very vocal when any of ours are on. Franz Ferdinand two years ago totally consolidated the entire crowd with a performance which still makes me beam broadly now having witnessed it. Even after going to festivals stretching back to 1982 I've still scarcely seen a festival performance to rival the energy and ferocity of it, it was a thing of beauty. Unfortunately FFS clash with Catfish and The Bottlemen this year and desperate though I am to see them again I will going to support the new boys, love their album. Who are your must sees on the Saturday then?

I think the unpredictability is sometimes an endearing feature about them, so we shall see how they come across in Paris. Any of the British bands I've seen there have always had a good reaction, the Brits are always very vocal when any of ours are on. Franz Ferdinand two years ago totally consolidated the entire crowd with a performance which still makes me beam broadly now having witnessed it. Even after going to festivals stretching back to 1982 I've still scarcely seen a festival performance to rival the energy and ferocity of it, it was a thing of beauty. Unfortunately FFS clash with Catfish and The Bottlemen this year and desperate though I am to see them again I will going to support the new boys, love their album. Who are your must sees on the Saturday then?

Libs and the Maccabees, might see Stereophonics. Beyond that I'm just going to potter about and try and catch somebody new.

Franz are great live, would love to see them again. A few of my pals saw FFS at Glasto and said they were quite good.

What's the food like on site? I'll have enough time to get a meal in town but may want to get something on site too. What are the queues like to get into the site?

What's the food like on site? I'll have enough time to get a meal in town but may want to get something on site too. What are the queues like to get into the site?

Last year there was an 'international' food area with stalls selling different styles of foods - if you are a meat eater I can recommend the Argentinian one. Queues during the afternoon/ early evening were fine, but everywhere got a lot busier nearer headliner times. There was also a large 'popup' fast food restaurant by the second stage which looked like it sold Macdonalds style food.

I think it took us about 20 minutes to get our  wristbands on the first day and then on the other days we walked straight in at about 17.00 although as it seemed to get massively busier from about 20.00 so there may well have been some pretty big queues by then