Rock en Seine 2015 - Paris

labolabo

You'll be fine going in at that time, especially as it is the second day so anyone in for the duration will already have their wristbands.

30 min metro ride from Gare du Nord to Pont de St-Cloud, five minute walk over the Seine and you are there.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be fine going in at that time, especially as it is the second day so anyone in for the duration will already have their wristbands.

30 min metro ride from Gare du Nord to Pont de St-Cloud, five minute walk over the Seine and you are there.

Sounds good.

I'm staying near Gare du Nord so glad to hear its not too far from there.

Libs and the Maccabees, might see Stereophonics. Beyond that I'm just going to potter about and try and catch somebody new.

Franz are great live, would love to see them again. A few of my pals saw FFS at Glasto and said they were quite good.

What's the food like on site? I'll have enough time to get a meal in town but may want to get something on site too. What are the queues like to get into the site?

We are in a different situ this year as any other year we have camped and there are virtually no queues going in from there. As Tj pointed out, most of the locals tend to drift in a bit later, we did as well a couple of time too as we'd settled nicely outside a wee bar just up from the site. Met alsorts of great people from Brits to locals, I've found everyone to be very friendly in my experience. Buzzing for it now :-).

Met alsorts of great people from Brits to locals, I've found everyone to be very friendly in my experience. Buzzing for it now :-).

Glad to hear its friendly, I might be going on my own so be nice to meet other people.

I'm buzzing too, got another couple of festivals before then but this is the one I'm most looking forward to

• 2 weeks later...

I've not camped so can't comment on that, but everyone is very friendly at the festival. Seems more like a series of one day gigs rather than a three day festival as most people don't camp.

Ideal if you want to do some site seeing during the day, especially as Paris is quite quiet during August(apart from obvious tourist attractions like Notre Dam and Montmatre)

• 2 weeks later...

Potentially stupid question but ticket wise, is it just the one you print out yourself that you need? I had someone translating the page for me when i bought the ticket but still a bit paranoid that I need something else to get in.

It's just the same set up as UK festivals, hand over your ticket and they put your wristband on. Think we got the tickets sent out to us first year, but printed them off ourselves last time.

It's just the same set up as UK festivals, hand over your ticket and they put your wristband on. Think we got the tickets sent out to us first year, but printed them off ourselves last time.

Thanks for the info.

Can't believe how soon it is, I need to get organised!

Hi everyone!

I'm going to the festival for the first time this year, stumbled upon it after looking for Catfish European dates. Only doing the Friday as I'm on crutches and probably couldn't hack the whole weekend. Unfortunately. I've just got a couple of questions if anyone that's been before could help me out? Sorry if any thing's repeated - I've tried to have a read through the thread.

General travel question - what's the access on the metro like? I'm not precious at all but read somewhere that if you had restricted disability then you should find an alternative method. (Will be traveling on the day from Convention)

What time would you suggest to arrive at the festival? (Am I gonna be queuing for ages? Are the campers and non-campers in the same queue or do the campers get there Thursday?)

What's it like underfoot? Is it hilly?

Is there anywhere in the park you could go pre-festival to drink your own booze? Or is it all closed off for the festival?

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Metro near the festival is down about 25 steps as far as i remember and is about five minutes walk over the river to the festival.

Last year we went mid afternoon and it took about 15 minutes to get in on the Friday including getting wristbands.

I didn't look at other areas of the park but security only had a quick look in bags, but didn't make all that much effort and was easy to take 50cl water/wine bottles in shorts pockets.

Site is quite long and thin, but generally flat, so hopefully you should be fine

Metro near the festival is down about 25 steps as far as i remember and is about five minutes walk over the river to the festival.

Last year we went mid afternoon and it took about 15 minutes to get in on the Friday including getting wristbands.

I didn't look at other areas of the park but security only had a quick look in bags, but didn't make all that much effort and was easy to take 50cl water/wine bottles in shorts pockets.

Site is quite long and thin, but generally flat, so hopefully you should be fine

Brilliant, thanks so much for your help. It's good to know these things before hand!

I got an email back off them saying 'the glass is forbidden but the metal is ok' I presume that is an ok to take ale in with us.

I've a feeling they are just referring to the campsite, is that what you were enquiring about, or the actual Arena? We were able to take any drink we wanted from the campsite to the Arena first time we went, but two years ago they had stopped you doing that as Kronenberg were now sponsoring the festival. I'd be surprised if they'd taken a step back and let you take it in again. Don't think people not camping were ever able to take drink in with them.

Hi everyone!

I'm going to the festival for the first time this year, stumbled upon it after looking for Catfish European dates. Only doing the Friday as I'm on crutches and probably couldn't hack the whole weekend. Unfortunately. I've just got a couple of questions if anyone that's been before could help me out? Sorry if any thing's repeated - I've tried to have a read through the thread.

General travel question - what's the access on the metro like? I'm not precious at all but read somewhere that if you had restricted disability then you should find an alternative method. (Will be traveling on the day from Convention)

What time would you suggest to arrive at the festival? (Am I gonna be queuing for ages? Are the campers and non-campers in the same queue or do the campers get there Thursday?)

What's it like underfoot? Is it hilly?

Is there anywhere in the park you could go pre-festival to drink your own booze? Or is it all closed off for the festival?

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

As mentioned. The Metro is only a stone's throw from festival site. We lugged rucksacks on with no real drama, watch the gates though, they tend to shut on you a bit sharpish.

Festival site itself is nice and flat, campsite since they changed it has a nightmare of a hill to get into it. The entrance to the campsite has a beautiful section of the park you can drink in, but you'd need to negotiate a hill to get there.

Hello!

I would really like to go to rock en seine this year but unfornunatly I have nobody to go with. I'm not very familiar with Paris and I have never gone to a festival on my own.

There must be other people going alone that I could meet up with or even maybe someone who got sick and can no longer travel with his/hers group of friends. But where do I find them?!

I am of course there for the music but it would be nice to have company to and from the festival, have someone to discuss new bands with, talk with someone while eating the festival food ect.

As mentioned. The Metro is only a stone's throw from festival site. We lugged rucksacks on with no real drama, watch the gates though, they tend to shut on you a bit sharpish.

Festival site itself is nice and flat, campsite since they changed it has a nightmare of a hill to get into it. The entrance to the campsite has a beautiful section of the park you can drink in, but you'd need to negotiate a hill to get there.

Cheers, thanks for the help.

Do they have a cut off time for the wristband exchange that you know of? We're looking at going the Saturday as well but have a few things planned that lunch time before we could go.

I've just booked a Saturday ticket - and like some others am going by myself! I arrive in Paris on Thurs and hoping that I will just discover some people at my hostel or along the way to the festival that I can befriend :) but if anyone is in the same boat and is on the search for a festival buddy please message me!

Hello!

I would really like to go to rock en seine this year but unfornunatly I have nobody to go with. I'm not very familiar with Paris and I have never gone to a festival on my own.

There must be other people going alone that I could meet up with or even maybe someone who got sick and can no longer travel with his/hers group of friends. But where do I find them?!

I am of course there for the music but it would be nice to have company to and from the festival, have someone to discuss new bands with, talk with someone while eating the festival food ect.

I'm going on my own as well, hoping it's as friendly as the British festivals I've been to.

Had a great day on Saturday and I was really impressed with the festival, definitely fancy going again.

The only downer for me was having to miss the end of the headliners to catch the metro, asked a few people on site but nobody could tell us for sure when the last trains were so we left early to be on the safe side.