can you not get day tickets anymore then?

russycarps

bought mine last night! The stress is over.

£175 though (I treated the missus). I feel numb......

If you don't fancy camping, you might want to look at the Angel in at Wangford, rather than Southwold, which costs a bloody fortune and is miles away

http://www.angelinnwangford.co.uk/

I stayed there a few years (I now camp) and it wasn't bad - I think they've done is up since then, but its got to be cheaper than Southwold. Critically, its just about walkable afterwards (roughly 2 miles) which is a nice comfort blanket it you're worried about getting a cab, which isn't easy from Latitude. Technically there's a bus from Wangford to very near the site in the morning, but I never managed to catch it and ended up walking each day - but its a flat East Anglian straight road if you do.

If you don't fancy camping, you might want to look at the Angel in at Wangford, rather than Southwold, which costs a bloody fortune and is miles away

http://www.angelinnwangford.co.uk/

I stayed there a few years (I now camp) and it wasn't bad - I think they've done is up since then, but its got to be cheaper than Southwold. Critically, its just about walkable afterwards (roughly 2 miles) which is a nice comfort blanket it you're worried about getting a cab, which isn't easy from Latitude. Technically there's a bus from Wangford to very near the site in the morning, but I never managed to catch it and ended up walking each day - but its a flat East Anglian straight road if you do.

Thanks for that, southwold seems to be all sold out anyway!

It's just the friday night I need somewhere to stay, as I'll camp on the saturday night (assuming there is still a field available for day ticketers to camp in, there was in 2009 when I last went).

• 2 weeks later...

I can see someone above say day ticketers could camp over last year... is this definitely allowed? The website has a section that says there is day ticket camping on a first come, first served basis, but in the ticket info it says no camping facilities for day ticket campers... any insight anyone?