can you not get day tickets anymore then?

russycarps

ha not noel, portishead all the way. The rest of the acts that day look decent too.

Friday night with the toffs in southwold (if everywheres not sold out), get smashed on saturday with all you scruffs at the festival, home in time for sunday dinner.

What a time to be alive!

Excellent plan! I reckon they've played an absolute blinder putting The Vaccines and Catfish against Portishead and James Blake, they're very effective w*nker magnets, they will be keeping the peace at the main stage, ensuring optimum Portishead viewing conditions.

Excellent plan! I reckon they've played an absolute blinder putting The Vaccines and Catfish against Portishead and James Blake, they're very effective w*nker magnets, they will be keeping the peace at the main stage, ensuring optimum Portishead viewing conditions.

Like Arctic Monkeys against Portishead that time.

;)

:(

and alt-J against Jon Hopkins. Should be a delight.

Hopefully Sunrise/Lake on Sunday against SBTRKT and NFGHB will be peaceful too

ha not noel, portishead all the way. The rest of the acts that day look decent too.

Friday night with the toffs in southwold (if everywheres not sold out), get smashed on saturday with all you scruffs at the festival, home in time for sunday dinner.

What a time to be alive!

I tried to book somewhere in Southwold a few years ago for one night over Latitude weekend, & everywhere was a 4 or 5 night minimum booking as far as I remember Russy - just a heads up! You might have to suffer the toffs for a whole weekend (& there's a fair few of them inside the festival...!) :)

What, someone actually went to see Arctic Monkeys over Portishead? Philistines

Maybe they didn't realise that Porishead were such a live rarity at that point in time! Maybe they reasoned that they'd go to see Portishead at their own tour but would only see Arctics at Glastonbury! Maybe they felt like a massive fool when offered a free Arctic Monkeys ticket mere days after the festival! Maybe they were watching the Arctics because their mate really likes them and doesn't know Portishead! Maybe they tried to leave Arctics, but couldn't get out of the dense crowd of hostile folks! Maybe they've felt terrible about it ever since!

Maybe they didn't realise that Porishead were such a live rarity at that point in time! Maybe they reasoned that they'd go to see Portishead at their own tour but would only see Arctics at Glastonbury! Maybe they felt like a massive fool when offered a free Arctic Monkeys ticket mere days after the festival! Maybe they were watching the Arctics because their mate really likes them and doesn't know Portishead! Maybe they tried to leave Arctics, but couldn't get out of the dense crowd of hostile folks! Maybe they've felt terrible about it ever since!

Awww. Bad luck!

No excuse:-)

Still, they will be ace at latitude.

hey dont feel bad, you got to see mardy bum with a one day like this-esque string section! how many people can say that?!

meanwhile we were watching boring old Roads..

Edited by russycarps

I covered Mardy Bum in my school leavers' assembly and forgot the solo and stood there like a big asswipe swearing into the mic, panicking like heck. Guy Garvey would have made it all better :(

Alternatively I could have covered Machine Gun with a backdrop of the headteacher with lazer eyes. That'd have been a great banter.

want to buy my day tickets today but waiting for my other half to confirm she can get the time off. I'm getting twitchy at the thought it could sell out at any second. She really is a heartless cow at times.

though portishead arent really that popular with the masses are they? Are they a big coup for the festival? I've no real idea of their standing these days.

They've got a big fanbase who will go to great lengths to see them. I reckon that's why Portishead are Saturday and not Noel, Saturday is the day people will most likely buy a day ticket for. There wont be as many locals rocking up for Portishead as there would be for Noel, but it'll put people from all over the country.

They've got a big fanbase who will go to great lengths to see them. I reckon that's why Portishead are Saturday and not Noel, Saturday is the day people will most likely buy a day ticket for. There wont be as many locals rocking up for Portishead as there would be for Noel, but it'll put people from all over the country.

ffs why did you have to write that you heartless bastard!!

*frets*