Super Furry Animals!

michael eavis' beard

Would think the fact they've been playing so much since they reunited is probably what brought on the full album gigs; whip up a bit more interest and stuff. Can't really blame them though as it is their livelihood and the only thing they could really do other than bring out a new album, and we don't know how easy that is for them.

Tickets going on sale the same week as Flaming Lips shows is rough though. The venn diagram on their fanbases must almost be a circle.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Would think the fact they've been playing so much since they reunited is probably what brought on the full album gigs; whip up a bit more interest and stuff. Can't really blame them though as it is their livelihood and the only thing they could really do other than bring out a new album, and we don't know how easy that is for them.

Tickets going on sale the same week as Flaming Lips shows is rough though. The venn diagram on their fanbases must almost be a circle.

holy fuck I didnt know about the flaming lips gigs, cheers!

Edited by russycarps

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Bet you've paid it though

Of course! Flaming lips tickets have always been pricey. I'm hoping SFA is nearer to £35.

Wish they were gigs playing mainly from those 2 albums, rather than full album shows tho

Edited by russycarps

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They've never released a stinker, and this is relative, but Fuzzy Logic is probably their worst album. 

I only got into them at Radiator and though I bought Fuzzy soon after, it never really hit the spot.

I was hoping they'd release a new album, still hope I suppose.

Supporting Primal Scream up here in a couple of weeks but cannot really justify 40 quid for what could be a 40 minute set. Couldn't be less arsed about the Scream these days.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They've never released a stinker, and this is relative, but Fuzzy Logic is probably their worst album. 

I reckon dark days/light years is worse but fuzzy logic is defo up there for me. I listened to fuzzy logic and radiator back to back last night and I wasnt that enthused about the gig afterwards I must admit. We are going to be listening to quite a lot of filler, in the knowledge that there is no chance we'll be hearing the likes of slow life etc

10 hours ago, Badlands said:

I only got into them at Radiator and though I bought Fuzzy soon after, it never really hit the spot.

I was hoping they'd release a new album, still hope I suppose.

Supporting Primal Scream up here in a couple of weeks but cannot really justify 40 quid for what could be a 40 minute set. Couldn't be less arsed about the Scream these days.

I was considering this but mostly as an excuse to go back up to Newcastle for a weekend. Like you I was mostly considering it for SFA but decided it isn't gonna be worth it.

I'll stick with (non-existent) memories of the Glasto set.

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Luckily, it's not.  It's still great!

They subsequently topped it in songwise, but it's probably their most consistent album.

Hooray! Looks like it'll be getting a vinyl reissue too

I am pretty new into SFA. I first properly listened to them over a year ago, thanks to this forum. 

I went at the albums in chronological order and enjoyed them all... Guerilla is still my least favourite, but I still enjoyed that.

Fuzzy Logic is great. 

Even makes my top 3 SFA albums

1. Rings around the world

2. Love Kraft

3. Fuzzy Logic

4. Mwng

5. Radiator

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...