5. Sidewalk Serfer Girl

Special mentions to Presidential Suite, The Placid Casual and Ice Hockey Hair

Albums:

1. Rings Around the World

2. Radiator

3. Fuzzy Logic

4. Mwng

5. Phantom Power

I think Radiator is their most consistent album, but with 3 tracks from Rings featuring on my top 5, it's hard not to put that at number 1, especially as the album is full of very good tracks

BEST

BAND

EVER

first saw them at Glasgow Barrowlands ( think 98 supported by Grandaddy) . The 20 minute finale of The Man dont give a ++++ ...........

Saw them again either in 98 or 99 at T in The Park when Robbie Williams was on and a few times afterwards over the years .....

Great to see them back ... hope to catch them play

Edited by robertadams1

Hello sunshine would be my wedding song, so romantic...

I'm a minger
You're a minger too
So come on minger
I want to ming with you

You're not so innocent

You're a disgrace to your country
If you fled a million miles
I'd chase you for a day
(If I could be bothered)

heartwarming stuff.....

Hello sunshine would be my wedding song, so romantic...

I'm a minger

You're a minger too

So come on minger

I want to ming with you

You're not so innocent

You're a disgrace to your country

If you fled a million miles

I'd chase you for a day

(If I could be bothered)

heartwarming stuff.....

We actually considered that! :lol: but then thought the aul ones wouldnt get it.............I dont think some of them got fire in my heart for that matter! ..............and a fair few were pissed off we dictated the DJs set list, no requests and had no band! :lol:

But I had to laugh, seeing my aunts et al dancing very confused like to the likes of DJ Shadows Organ Donor was very much chuckle worthy! ;)

We actually considered that! :lol: but then thought the aul ones wouldnt get it.............I dont think some of them got fire in my heart for that matter! ..............and a fair few were pissed off we dictated the DJs set list, no requests and had no band! :lol:

But I had to laugh, seeing my aunts et al dancing very confused like to the likes of DJ Shadows Organ Donor was very much chuckle worthy! ;)

I wanted The Man don't give a f@ck for our first dance but my wife put a stop to it.

We also put a play list together for the DJ. there was no way we were having any dreadful pop music at our wedding.

The first 2 rules were

no R&B

no you'll never walk alone

And because of these rules and our playlist our wedding had by far the best music I have ever heard at a wedding disco.

We also looked at one DJ who said on his website I will not take any play lists or suggestions. I have been doing this for X years and I know what works. no chance!

Just listened to Guerrilla on my SFA chronological experience...

So far, this is my least favourite album. Not really feeling it, with the exception of a couple of tunes.

Will go back to it later, as I might have been expecting something that I didn't get.

Night Vision was the highlight.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Just listened to Guerrilla on my SFA chronological experience...

So far, this is my least favourite album. Not really feeling it, with the exception of a couple of tunes.

Will go back to it later, as I might have been expecting something that I didn't get.

Night Vision was the highlight.

Surprising that. It's a lot of people's favourite. I really like it.

A few additional dates added

damn, was hoping a second london date would be the 7th May :(

Guerillas near the bottom of the pile for me as well, and I'm fairly sure I've heard the band be critical of it too. The highs on it are very high, but it's a bit rushed with a long stretch in the middle of stuff that sounds like it's just evolved from jams in the studio and it gets over-repetitive.

Do the streaming copies have Citizen's Band on it as well?

Guerillas near the bottom of the pile for me as well, and I'm fairly sure I've heard the band be critical of it too. The highs on it are very high, but it's a bit rushed with a long stretch in the middle of stuff that sounds like it's just evolved from jams in the studio and it gets over-repetitive.

Well put CG. Northern Lites is one hell of a high, at least listen to that one again Fuzzy. Also, essential SFA listening includes non-album single The Man Don't Give A Fuck (came out between the first two albums and has been in their setlist ever since) and the Ice Hockey Hair EP (between Radiator and Guerilla).

They were on Welsh radio last night and when asked about plans over the summer they were quite tight lipped...I'm choosing to see this as a good sign.

Any chance on expanding on that? Or is there a link to a player? (or if in Welsh dont bother! ;) )

What did they say? or did they simply say something like "we would rather not talk about that yet"?

They were on Welsh radio last night and when asked about plans over the summer they were quite tight lipped...I'm choosing to see this as a good sign.

they're not going to be saying "we'll be playing at all the festivals are fans are at" when they have tickets for their own shows to sell first.

Plus, they've been around long enough to know that festivals are meant to announce festival line-ups, and not the bands pre-empt it.