Blur?

wozwebs

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was anyone aware of their return/new album? I would be astonished if they're booked for this summer on that basis.

Well, you would have thought potential bookers would be aware of it.

For the average Joe it's a surprise, to be honest I thought Gorillaz would be Albarn's next project - hence why I don't think the promotion of this Blur album will go beyond 2015.

Edited by GlastoSimon

Albarn said: "We are going to do some gigs around the country prior to that, We're going to play in Wales and Scotland. I'm really, really excited about playing the new record but at the same time we've got songs that we wouldn't not want to play in a big field."

Hyde park isn't a field....

ha! think you might be looking into that statement a bit too much..

As much as I'd love to see them at Glastonbury, would they want to after the success of 2009?

They've acknowledged that that's probably their greatest gig ever and will be more than aware that it will be near impossible to get anywhere near that performance again. So why tarnish the memories? Everyone will just compare it to 2009 so seems a silly move to me.

As much as I'd love to see them at Glastonbury, would they want to after the success of 2009?

They've acknowledged that that's probably their greatest gig ever and will be more than aware that it will be near impossible to get anywhere near that performance again. So why tarnish the memories? Everyone will just compare it to 2009 so seems a silly move to me.

For people that weren't there.

they could do less of a career spanning set, theres quite a few other hits they could play and...so would be different

also..maybe damon wants to banish the gorillaz headline set!

they could do less of a career spanning set, theres quite a few other hits they could play and...so would be different

also..maybe damon wants to banish the gorillaz headline set!

But would it be as good? Seriously doubt they could get anywhere close to that gig.

For me, they should just leave it at that.

yeah as much as i'd love Blur to be there (it was seeing there performance on TV that made me want to get a ticket in '10) they absolutely nailed it last time, so why potentially spoil that by playing a lesser show a few years later? if they're ever gonna return it won't be for a good few years, if at all

yeah as much as i'd love Blur to be there (it was seeing there performance on TV that made me want to get a ticket in '10) they absolutely nailed it last time, so why potentially spoil that by playing a lesser show a few years later? if they're ever gonna return it won't be for a good few years, if at all

im being selfish really, but i just want them to play and not coldplay...i know it isnt likely

I agree, they couldn't get anywhere near that. One of the best gigs I've ever seen though that doesn't sound right. It was more one of the best experiences I've been a part of. Can't remember many better gigs atmospheres at the Big G or anywhere else