The Laura Marling thread

ghandi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
18 minutes ago, ghandi said:

I watched Laura Marling at the proms yesterday. In these sad times her performance brought a lump to my throat on numerous occasions. Spellbinding performance 

Thanks for the heads up, will have a look at that. We were so looking forward to seeing her at Glastonbury this year. 

12 hours ago, ghandi said:

I watched Laura Marling at the proms yesterday. In these sad times her performance brought a lump to my throat on numerous occasions. Spellbinding performance 

It's absolutely gorgeous, I really enjoyed it.

I've not watched a prom before, do they usually have pre- and half time analysis? It felt like a BBC FA cup outside broadcast, but with Edith Bowman instead of Alan Hansen

30 minutes ago, ogriff said:

It's absolutely gorgeous, I really enjoyed it.

I've not watched a prom before, do they usually have pre- and half time analysis? It felt like a BBC FA cup outside broadcast, but with Edith Bowman instead of Alan Hansen

I'm not sure i never usually watch the proms. As a big Laura fan i saw this pop up and had to see it, i knew that there wouldn't be any audience and she is perfect for that environment, the quietness and orchestral arrangements really suit her music. As with classical stuff they attempted to split it into separate sections with musicians moving in and out and i thought it worked quite well. I actually like the analysis with Edith Bowman as a gushing fan girl and i guess they wanted to inform people who hadn't seen Laura before of the history of her music etc. It was all great but ' For you' , 'wild fire' and the 'Once i was an Eagle' quartet as an opening were they highlights for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, ghandi said:

I'm not sure i never usually watch the proms. As a big Laura fan i saw this pop up and had to see it, i knew that there wouldn't be any audience and she is perfect for that environment, the quietness and orchestral arrangements really suit her music. As with classical stuff they attempted to split it into separate sections with musicians moving in and out and i thought it worked quite well. I actually like the analysis with Edith Bowman as a gushing fan girl and i guess they wanted to inform people who hadn't seen Laura before of the history of her music etc. It was all great but ' For you' , 'wild fire' and the 'Once i was an Eagle' quartet as an opening were they highlights for me.

That's great.

18 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I loved that she drove Edith to tears. Was Laura meant to be on the Park this year?

Yes, really wanted to see her there. Last time we just sat on the pyramid field on a beautiful sunny afternoon listening to her wonderful voice. Really chilled out time, one of those memorable personal Glastonbury moments 

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, really wanted to see her there. Last time we just sat on the pyramid field on a beautiful sunny afternoon listening to her wonderful voice. Really chilled out time, one of those memorable personal Glastonbury moments 

One of those lovely afternoons where it was easy to walk into the pit area 10mins before she came on and get a great spot for a beautiful hour of music. Just gorgeous