Download 2016

Hart Attack

Might be controversial, but what's the clamour for Sabbath playing again? I saw them headline in 2012 and genuinely thought it was their farewell tour, what with age and illness. Also, and this was the only time I've seen them, they didn't really blow me away. Yeah, the riffs were all there but it just seemed to lack something.

So, that rules out them me anyway! I reckon:

Metallica for sure. Would have been 4 years since the last appearance, unless they play IOW or V.

Def Lep, as all the money has gone on Metallica and the next band.

Foos. Just because.

Edited by Moey

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a weak set of headliners all round, and there was competition from Soni. Not the ideal scenario to make the bump up and festivals in general are suffering because of austerity measures. In 2011 which was another supposedly weak year A7X was absolutely rammed. They'll headline again I'm sure, there's just not enough good bands coming through to take the top spots and pack the place out like the biggies of yesteryear.

This guy again. Not sure how much faith I have in him, he's gotten a fair bit wrong. Stuff that might have been in the pipeline at some point maybe and then didn't come to pass, but he's sometimes posted stuff which at the time he's said it I know for a fact he's wrong. Don't ask me what cus I really don't remember.

But it is interesting, same time as UK Download, share the headliners but maybe not the entire bill, I can't imagine it being the size of UK Download in terms of bill.

The other interesting point is it being said they're doing it to coincede with Euro's 2016 tournament so people travelling over for the football might do this as well, I'd say that gives it more legs.

This guy again. Not sure how much faith I have in him, he's gotten a fair bit wrong. Stuff that might have been in the pipeline at some point maybe and then didn't come to pass, but he's sometimes posted stuff which at the time he's said it I know for a fact he's wrong. Don't ask me what cus I really don't remember.

But it is interesting, same time as UK Download, share the headliners but maybe not the entire bill, I can't imagine it being the size of UK Download in terms of bill.

The other interesting point is it being said they're doing it to coincede with Euro's 2016 tournament so people travelling over for the football might do this as well, I'd say that gives it more legs.

If they're doing it to coincide with the football then they'll wanna book some German acts in for sure because that'll be where the money is. Unless they've got Kasabian.

Zegut got Van Halen for Download and Hellfest 2014 wrong, I think. Also I think he's got particular rumoured gigs wrong before.

He also gets a fair bit right, and works in radio so you'd imagine he does have a lot of good connections. I imagine it's an idea that's been thrown about as a possibility, but this early on I doubt it's concrete, or some details could change. Perhaps could be trying to stifle DEAG's new festivals as they are wanting to expand, or to make sure soni stays away?

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I thought too, but both parties have been saying how much they are loving it so far so I can see it becoming a permanent thing. I wouldn't go and watch them, though.

Blink-182

You Me At Six

Limp Bizkit

Killswitch Engage

Bring Me The Horizon

Deftones

KoRn

Alice Cooper

Black Sabbath

Bullet For My Valentine

Alice In Chains

All Time Low

Edited by Andre91

I think he sounds fine singing the songs, he hits the parts Tom couldn't anymore. But I just don't like it. Blink isn't Blink without Tom.

Could Tom ever hit the parts? They are well known for vocally being a bad live band.

All I could hear was screeching for singing when it wasn't Mark myself.

Could Tom ever hit the parts? They are welnown for vocally being a bad live band.

All I could hear was screeching for singing when it wasn't Mark myself.

I'm aware of how bad Tom sounds, I've seen him perform five times and I would only say he was decent twice (once with Blink on their arena tour in 2012 and once with Angels and Airwaves on their 2012 tour).

But it didn't really matter. Tom has always had such a unique(ly crap) voice, so it just doesn't sound right hearing someone else singing his parts.

Edited by Andre91

I'm aware of how bad Tom sounds, I've seen him perform five times and I would only say he was decent twice (once with Blink on their arena tour in 2012 and once with Angels and Airwaves on their 2012 tour).

But it didn't really matter. Tom has always had such a unique(ly crap) voice, so it just doesn't sound right hearing someone else singing his parts.

Someone else singing his parts not being right I can agree with. A mate saw AVA at Leeds back in 2006/7, walked away as Tom was really bad!

No chance in hell would...

Tool sub, headliner only

Pumpkins play third, they would sub or headline second

Tenacious D sub, played 3rd in 2012, done nothing to move up, if anything they'd move down, they were under two headliners in 2012

Thunder third.... hmmm, Id say 4th down is the highest they would get, they won't return next year anyway, too soon