Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rolled up my sleeves, was wearing shorts and stuck a poundland poncho on, water ran right off the arms and legs and by RTJ the poncho was tucked back away in my bag and every inch of me was bone dry.  I cannot speak highly enough of your cheap as chips emergency poncho, took all the hassle out of the rain for me.

Was almost perfect with no rain on the first two days so arriving and setting up on Wednesday afternoon was nice and simple. The rain on Friday wasn't much of a hindrance as I was out watching band's (sadly it did kill my trainers though) and on Sunday I just hid in my tent and had my breakfast and started getting things packed up into my bag.

Wellies not required indeed - all good.

Only bugger was the sheer length of the late friday drizzle, just as I was really enjoying Tourettes Hero too. Stuck it out but then it forced us inside Cabaret - found Lounge Kittens - WIN!

We were so lucky Sunday morning. Looked at the radar and had a little heart attack tbh, but it stayed further north and the big bollocks of bump that was going straight at us petered out before it struck site after we did a quick decamp to the tiny tea for shelter - it did look quite scary.

Weather win :) Bit too toasty in the hot bits tbh, I didn't finish my wine - that can't be right

Edited by frostypaw

I thought it was fine really, didn't get caught up in Sunday morning's stuff.

Wouldn't say it was as good as 2010 or even 2013, but not as bad as 2011/2014. Somewhere in the middle, probably more towards 2013 though. 

Sounds like a good summation to me.  It was mostly fortuitously timed, I'd sort of half expected a bit of overnight showers on a couple of evenings and a rainy start to Sunday from the final indications, but Friday's poor timing being during the start of the musical entertainment was a slight disappointment (reminding me of 2011 when it just all went a bit to shit mid afternoon Friday, then got worse and didn't stop til breakfast) but when the sun came out for Jungle and again for RTJ I was extremely pleased.

Interestingly people who were using their data on their phones around me told me that the BBC weather for pilton was basically totally accurate throughout the festival, giving almost precise indications of when the rain would start and stop.

Just rocked up to John Peel as it started on Friday, stayed until the second shower was just petering out after Peace so barely got rained on at all. Rain on Sunday morning absolutely ideal for me to actually get some sleep. In terms of rain I actually did better than in 2013, when I was out and about through Thursday and it was a pain.

Thursday did seem really, really hot (not helped by me feeling ill all day...). High 20s?

So lucky with the overnight rainfall Saturday/Sunday in terms of the timing. On the way back to the tent on Saturday night, I was shouting 'Nobody move till this stops and it'll be OK!' ......and that was pretty much how it worked out!

Good weather year!

Rain was heavier and more sustained on Friday than I expected from the forecasts, but Sunday was probably better (looked like we just missed a real heavy downpour). Site dried out pretty quickly and the only time I really needed my walking boots was Friday evening. Rather fortuitously both wet periods coincided with my stewarding shifts, glad to have a tent to shelter in.

Had that second shower not happened on Friday I reckon it would have been pretty-much perfect. 

Wednesday and Thursday was glorious, and Saturday/Sunday afternoon were lovely too. 

As soon as the rain came down during MJB I knew I was going to have to head back to the tent to get my wellies, which I was really hoping would stay in the tent all weekend!

Friday night after Hot Chip was a right ballache. The hubby uses a wheelchair and the timing of the second heavy shower meant it didn't really get a chance to dry out properly. It was really claggy and horrible, which is the absolute worst for wheelchairs as the mud just clogs the wheels. I was clearing it out with wooden forks every 20 yards!  

Luckily we missed the Sunday downpour as we had a late Saturday night. We didn't set out till about 2pm and thankfully it was pretty dry by then. My heart sank momentarily when that filthy black cloud threatened during Lionel but the feeling I got when I realised it was missing us was almost euphoric!

I'd say on a par with 2013, as it was warmer. 

The 2nd shower on Friday was a right bugger - It had missed the site and was moving away and then the wind turned and it came back right over!

Thankfully we were close to a Jerk food tent that had indie seating so had an early dinner while it poured.

Sunday am I woke up, heard the rain and got some very needed sleep.

Just thought I'd come in and say although some aren't a big fan, I thought CATB handled to poor down really well and came across really well. Did their up most to get the crowd on side, he'll also be a top front man in a few years time.

I was at the Glkade waiting for Dub Pistols when the rain started and loads of people ran fromthe Other to get shelter - I loved their faces when  the Pistols started as loads had no idea who they were or what was about to happen.

Priceless - and the DP's now have loads of new fans.

That first Friday mega rain storm was bad, especially with the wind, but I still stood out in it at the Gully. I also had impeccable timing with the second bit of rain as I left the Bread and Roses just as it was starting and lost my boyfriend so I spent ages in the rain looking for him. I was asleep/in my tent for the Sunday lot though.

I had to upgrade to wellies on the Friday because my converse were soaked through and I also wore them for part of the day just in case the rain started up again. Not bad, but could have been better.

Next couple of days would be too hot for a lot of people. Having been incredibly well prepared I managed to pack my waterproof jacket in my waterproof trouser bag and preceeded to get absolutely soaked twice in my banana t-shirt at Alabama Shakes/Mary J. Sort of refreshing in a shivery kind of way.

But other than that, I think it was really just about brilliant festival conditions. We won that round, for sure.

Edited by SimplyFred

Heavy Friday rain was annoying. Spoiled Alabama Shakes for me, though when it came back again during Wolf Alice I just thought fuck it, and ended up enjoying one of the sets of the weekend.

Thursday and Saturday were glorious