Sign in to follow this  
zero000

Six Nations

30 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

When was the last time England finished in the bottom 2? I’m thinking it hasn’t happened in the 6 nations era.

Worst finish since the old 5 nations in 1987.

The over confidence all week here was mental. It was as if we were playing Italy. England by far the better team. 

• Upvote 1

England’s discipline was unreal. Not a sexy part of the game to comment on but very noticeable from my POV. 

Also Irelands errors and mistakes were occurring way too often. At times it was like watching Ireland in the 90s 

We are playing the greatest Welsh side ever. That's what we are hearing, we'll take it at face value," said Jones.

I honestly haven’t heard anyone claim that, it would be a strange thing to say.

Eddie Jones has always done stuff like that. Make a comment to wind up the opposition or try to get under their skin. 

Great coach but a bit of a knob.

I was speaking to one of my mates Saturday night who said that it's possible Wales could do the grand slam but England win the championship due to bonus points. Absolutley mental if true.

Surely the grand slam should give you 5 bonus points to avoid that happening!?

13 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I was speaking to one of my mates Saturday night who said that it's possible Wales could do the grand slam but England win the championship due to bonus points. Absolutley mental if true.

It's not true. You get 3 extra points for the slam meaning it's impossible for anyone else to win.

16 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Unless they changed the rules it's not true as they give additional points for that situation.

6 hours ago, zero000 said:

It's not true. You get 3 extra points for the slam meaning it's impossible for anyone else to win.

6 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Unless they changed the rules it's not true as they give additional points for that situation.

Cheers both. I thought that was the case but my friend was adamant it wasn’t! I’ll report back to him with greate smugness :D 

I managed to get a ticket to the Principality on Saturday. I've seen us win the Grand Slam before but never been in the stadium for it. The atmosphere was incredible and the early try definitely settled some nerves.

Despite being up 7-0 (I think) at the time that tackle by Hadleigh Parkes was incredible. Had Ireland scored that it could have been a very different game.

Warren Gatland being the only coach to ever win 3 Grand Slams is the perfect way for him to sign off from the Six Nations, too. He's been incredible for Welsh rugby.