zero000

Predictions for the Six Nations then people?

Ireland are the on form team so they've got to be favourites, though I think England and Wales will mount a strong challenge, you also never know what French team will turn up on the day. It's going to be a cracker :)

Also Wales to win tomorrow, we've got everything in our favour, England are crippled by injuries.

Its a very rare thing for Ireland to be favs and to follow through............

Not under Joe Schmidt! 2 Heineken Cups, a 6 nations and and Amlin in the last 5 years! With both Leinster and Ireland obviously.

Also beat Aus and SA in the last 18 months and should've beaten the All Blacks. We have France and England at home too.

I'll go

Ireland (GS)

England

Wales

France

Italy

Scotland

Cardiff on rugby match days is tremendous. Afterwards fans from both sides will happily share a beer and congratulations/commiserations.

There's something special about the Millennium Stadium being slap bang in the centre of town and not stuck on the outskirts.

Mind you, it's very different after soccer encounters.

Edited by grumpyhack

I remember going to the Millenium Stadium for the play off finals West Ham were involved in before the new Wembley, fantastic venue for big sporting events!

Pulling in on the Train and seeing a masses of West Ham fans drinking and singing in the streets will forever stay with me!

I remember going to the Millenium Stadium for the play off finals West Ham were involved in before the new Wembley, fantastic venue for big sporting events!

Pulling in on the Train and seeing a masses of West Ham fans drinking and singing in the streets will forever stay with me!

Went 4 years in a row to the millennium (best mate's a wolves fan) and love the location of it in relation to the city.

Can't stand it the ground itself though. Only place to get a ticket is the lower half of the upper tier - the rest is fucking awful in terms of atmosphere and view.

It's not bad for music though. The turf is all on pallets, which they take out between seasons for some fresh air and sun at a secret location (RAF St Athan).

So when the turf is out there's a plain concrete floor that allows the stadium to be used for concerts. Have seen Springsteen and The Police there and I helped with the organisation of the Tsunami Relief Concert in 2005.

Went 4 years in a row to the millennium (best mate's a wolves fan) and love the location of it in relation to the city.

Can't stand it the ground itself though. Only place to get a ticket is the lower half of the upper tier - the rest is fucking awful in terms of atmosphere and view.

I didn't mind it , but I was only 14/15 and was just swept up in the Atmosphere rather looking at parts of a staidum....both times we ended up just to the side of the goal in the lower tier!

Have to say, been to the millennium a few times for club games (European finals/semis etc) and the atmosphere has always been ace. The final against Munster (I'm a Leicester fan) with the roof closed was awesome (though not as loud as the final in Paris the year before...)

Main memories of the Millennium though are the completely gut wrenching spectacle of a rugby penalty shoot out.. (still one of the most bizarre things I've seen on a sports field)

Still, can't look past Ireland, they're the form team. My main hope is that England select as few Leicester players as possible and they don't injure those they do select! I'm definitely a club before country guy as you might have guessed...