Bestival 2015 headline guesses

smogo

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my final guesses at the headliners would be Portishead, Faithless and Kylie - with Portishead and Kylie being announced tomorrow and Faithless being announced further down the line after their summer solo show has been released and sold well.

Portishead and Kylie would please the opposite ends of my music taste very well. i'd love that (and Faithless would be pretty great as well i guess)

i really hope it isn't Gorillaz. i just can't get excited about seeing them live again at all, despite quite liking their music

Duran Duran at Bestival would raise chances of a Festival No. 6 slot, which would please the crap out of me.

Festival No. 6 has been put back a week to 4th - 6th so on the same weekend as Electric Picnic, no doubt though some of the same headliners will play both Bestival and EP though which is always the case, I think that you might definitely get Portishead this year, just like we got Bjork eventually after she headlined Bestival a year or two before.

Edited by Frrrraaappp head

Portishead would be a dream, but Bestival is so hard to predict it could literally be anyone.

I think The xx have to be in with a shout, especially after 2012 and the crowd they got.

I wasn't sure whether I was gonna go, but it'll be my fifth one and there's been no reason stopping me going yet, so looks like ill probably be grabbing a ticket tomorrow.

yeah i'd be pretty surprised if The xx aren't one of them tbh! RDB's been very praising of their 2012 performance, and i even remember him mentioning them as a future headliner when somebody asked if they;d be headlining in 2013 (don't know why they thought that, although after Chic, i guess it would've just been the first time it happened). new album out - i don't see why Bestival wouldn't snap them up as one of the smaller headliners

I would have had The xx down for 2016 unless they can get an album out beforehand, Jamie xx has an album out this year too so not sure they will get one ready this year

yeah i was kind of just assuming they did - i'm sure i read somewhere that it's due a 2015 release, so if they release it near the end of the year it'll be ready just in time for Bestival

They've been writing it for ages though. The lack of anything this summer or even a hint of anything coming soon makes me think they're unlikely but who knows - they could be just keeping things under wraps then there's an element of surprise in them being announced tomorrow. Parklife announce tomorrow too and would fit in there as well.