Kendrick Lamar this year

DL50

yeah it's growing on me more and more. not sure it's as good as Good Kid personally - the production of that album was just perfect for me - but it's damn close (and in time i'm sure i'll rank them equally). the 'i remember your influence' bit is very grating - especially in the latter tracks when more and more of the poem is recited. also the end of Mortal Man becomes pointless after a couple of listens (though is pretty mind blowing for those first few listens)

Is there mich substance behind this?

It would be incredible, I know he supported Kanye on the yeezus tour so could be possiblities there.

He has a gig in America on the Saturday night which pretty much makes it impossible for him to play either the Saturday or Sunday. Would love him to pop up on the Friday but would put money on it not happening.

He has a gig in America on the Saturday night which pretty much makes it impossible for him to play either the Saturday or Sunday. Would love him to pop up on the Friday but would put money on it not happening.

Well don't that just shit on the fireworks, oh well, still must be someone else of this calibre playing a non headline slot along the lines of snoop, da la, nas, j5 this year.

The 2nd half of U is some of the best music I've heard personally.

Better than GKMC.

I mean the shear range from "u", to King Kunta to Blacker the Berry to Institutionalized to These Walls. Each song is distinctive, yet the whole album remains so cohesive - i find this to be a staple of many great albums and I couldn't say the same of GKMC or section.80

Don't see how he could top this, although tbf I was probably saying the same thing when I 1st heard GKMC

Edited by klipper

at the moment for me, Wesley's Theory to For Sale is just amazing. really good stuff. after that there are a few moments that haven't quite clicked yet and fall a bit too much on the side of standard hip-hop. and as much as i like the song, the 'boo boo' stuff in Hood Politics is annoying as hell. The Blacker The Berry and 'i' both hold the second half up a lot for me right now - but that first half is enough for me to know that the latter will soon fall in to place

Edited by FloorFiller

Yep, he's in the same boat as The Roots - both are active in the UK in June/July but both have a gig in America on the Saturday of Glasto weekend. Both are unlikely but god, what I wouldn't give to see either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Just now, FloorFiller said:

Well I suppose we’ve got that one rumour from the guy who also mentioned Aerosmith being there. Personally didn’t think he’d be in the running due to money/them already having a none guitar band headliner in Taylor, but fuck it, I’m in until he’s completely ruled out.

Over in the headliners thread Neil has been chatting to @Col!n and thinks there might be something to it.

I know full well it means absolutely fucking nothing whatsoever. But Kendrick was recently spotted in London, and nobody has any idea why. In my head I will take this completely useless piece of information and definitely assume it might have been something that could in some possible way be somehow slightly related to him headlining Glastonbury. 

14 minutes ago, jackmerton said:

I know full well it means absolutely fucking nothing whatsoever. But Kendrick was recently spotted in London, and nobody has any idea why. In my head I will take this completely useless piece of information and definitely assume it might have been something that could in some possible way be somehow slightly related to him headlining Glastonbury. 

Well that's it, get him down as TBC ? @eFestivals

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jackmerton said:

He was going to Madame Tussaud’s.

4% ITK