Radio 1's Big Weekend 2015

Stuart1000

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knox sound okay but don't know there stuff, I would usually put these in the same catagory as someone like Don Bronco who i don't rate.

That was brilliant, so much energy in an opening set. Remembering seeing Royal Blood on the TV last year at big weekend Slaves have way more energy, will be interesting to see where they go from here and hopefully festival coverage throughout the summer. Same but glad they still put Where's your car Debbie? in the set as that's not on the debut. Makes me want to buy tickets for their tour as I've not seen them yet.

Well I know a few Knox songs so I just thought I listened. Missed most of it though

Slaves have more energy and I prefer their live show so much more but I don't think they'll get as big as them though and I'm glad about Debbie as it my favourite Slaves song. I'm probably going to get tickets for their Sheffield rescheduled Sheffield show in June which is good seeing as I couldn't make the original date.

Just got home after what has been a really good day. Kicked off with Slaves who I thought were great (particularly the 2nd half of their set). Managed to get into the tent for Snoop and he pretty much won the whole festival. Crowd were well up for it and most of what we saw after him seemed pretty tame in comparison.

Saw a bit of Charli XCX and then spent some time at the Cocktail bar watching Mistajam, who banged out the old school garage to good effect! Caught Ella Eyre (really good), a bit of Fall Out Boy and Hozier before setting up camp in the INMWTS for Jess Glyn and Rudimental. Both were spot on, particularly Rudimental who drew a massive crowd. Finished off with the latter part of Muse. The visuals were great and we got a few fireworks to round things off!

I watched Eurovision instead so have only seen about 10 minutes of Muse since 7pm but if you're right about Rudimental getting a big crowd then that's a real surprise to me, thought they'd be decimated by the Muse/Flo clash.

Florence's crowd looked reasonably big but not much, if at all, bigger than say Ben Howard's or Fall Out Boy's.

Watching some of the coverage back from yesterday and the crowd looks dire. Standing talking during songs, sitting round the sidelines drinking, big empty spaces in front of the main stage. So annoying to see when there's no doubt thousands of people who would love to be there.

Very strange to have seen Taylor Swift in the same field we used to drink in at night as undergrads.

Swift, Jamie T and Raury were all great, but the highlight of my day was my chorizo sandwich.

Taylor's crowd was extraordinarily good, but whilst I enjoyed Foos theirs was very quiet. Some guy down the front by us tried to start a fight with someone for having the cheek to try to liven it up :lol:

Taylor's crowd was extraordinarily good, but whilst I enjoyed Foos theirs was very quiet. Some guy down the front by us tried to start a fight with someone for having the cheek to try to liven it up :lol:

Was very noticeable that when the people introducing the acts on the main stage kept getting the crowd to chee for what was coming up, the cheer for Taylor Swift was huge compared to the cheer for Foo Fighters.

Regardless of my own opinion of Foo Fighters, I'm still not entirely sure why Radio 1 felt like they needed to book them. Or why they didn't put them on the Friday and have them and Swift as their two headliners.

Although Jamie T's crowd was less than half the size it had started as about ten minutes before the end of his set, I think people were running off to make sure they didn't miss the start of Foo Fighters. Their loss, they missed Sticks & Stones.

Was very noticeable that when the people introducing the acts on the main stage kept getting the crowd to chee for what was coming up, the cheer for Taylor Swift was huge compared to the cheer for Foo Fighters.

Tho it was always going to be that way from the moment they announced Taylor before the tickets went on sale but not the Foos

After Taylor Swift we did a quick toilet and bar trip. There were so many people leaving. So that's maybe why the cheer wasn't as loud. I was fairly close to the front and I loved it, I'm not a Foo Fighters fan but where we were there was loads of energy and it was amazing.

I was on TV during 5 seconds of summer :)

Watching back some of the BBC Three coverage now. Looks like 5Sos got an embarrassingly small crowd.

Also Catfish are coming across as fairly energetic on tape, whereas at the time I thought they seemed half-asleep. Weird.

Edited by Zac Quinn

https://twitter.com/5sosfammsia/status/602070333659611136 £7 for the privilege of finding out what time bands are on lmao

I dunno, I always buy one at any festival I go to. I like having them in my collection :P (but agreed, the times should be released so people don't have to if they don't want to, think anyone who will buy it, buys it regardless of them releasing the times.)

I can't tell if Charli XCX is good or awful.

She is amazing :D Not sure about the big inflatable guitar, but enjoyed most of her set (on tv :P)! Was a bit more "showy" than I thought she would be able to do at Festivals this year!

Are we really surprised that a crowd comprised of radio 1 listeners were more into Taylor Swift?

I am suprised, they wasn't asleep from the boredom. Watched about 4 or 5 songs (what ever they currently have for her on iplayer) and it was really terrible. I thought she would at least have a bit of show with the terrible songs. She also didn't have the catchy melody in Shake It Off? (or it was very low on the mix). To think she was suggested as a Glastonbury headliner.

Muse looked great, reapers is the best so far from Drones I think and as I suspected Mercy is better live. Lucky gits, getting Bliss, sounded brilliant to! Glad they are doing slightly gimmicks live still to.

Thought Slaves were a bit shit, don't get get the fuss, they just seem angry but I am not sure what.

Snoop Dog was actually fairly impressive! Enjoyed watching his set, he seemed quite impressed by the size of crowd he got to! Didn't think he would be that fussed by something like this.

Jame T, seemed to start a bit dull but gradually got better. Think his not a must see at Glastonbury with that sort of performence but if you have nothing better to do, enjoyable enough.

Thats all I've caught up with from the coverage so far!

Had a cracking weekend myself, loved it. The highlight was without double the Slaves, first on and they were brilliant, absolutely hilarious and they are really going to be the must see band of this summer in my opinion. Check out the Cheer up London and Feed the Mantaray, on iplayer, brilliant stuff

Loved Flo as well, and I am not a fan by any means but she really worked the crowd well

Also liked Years and Years and Rudimental, and Muse obviously! We even liked chilling out to the rather dull Ben Howard whilst drinking beer and basking in the sun in the afternoon

Vaccines were ploppy plop plops by the way. Really bad