First time, have some questions!

GerardQ

I have some questions regarding the shuttle buses and also general information!

So my plan was to travel from Belfast to Manchester and then get a Shuttle Bus to the festival. I was wondering;

Is the return journey back to Manchester on the Monday? How many nights does the 3 day ticket include? 4?

Where does the Shuttle Bus to the festival pick us up at and also what is the best way to reach this pickup location?

What amount of alcohol is allowed to be brought into the campsite?

Any other good advice for first timers?

Thanks! :D

Hey buddy, first timer here to. Planning pretty much the exact same thing as yourself only Im flying from Belfast to Liverpool. As far as I know the 3 day ticket is for the friday night, saturday night and sunday night and according to the creamfields website your allowed one crate of beer/cider and one bottle of spirits per person.

In regards to the shuttle bus, we're planning on getting one to but no idea where they pick you up! Maybe says on the ticket when you get it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey buddy, first timer here to. Planning pretty much the exact same thing as yourself only Im flying from Belfast to Liverpool. As far as I know the 3 day ticket is for the friday night, saturday night and sunday night and according to the creamfields website your allowed one crate of beer/cider and one bottle of spirits per person.

In regards to the shuttle bus, we're planning on getting one to but no idea where they pick you up! Maybe says on the ticket when you get it?

Found out about the sbus pickup point http://www.creamfields.com/travel/shuttle/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.. I went CF last year for the first time camped in (3 days) Standard.. this year I'm doing 3 day hosp.. I often lost my mates and if i'm honest if you don't worry about it, enjoy the music and rave - you'll soon make pals. Me and my friend went last year just us two and we met loads of people in the queue - a massive group of lads and 2 girls and we ended up camping with them for the whole weekend, it was so good!!

In terms of the booze well, it was limited to 24 cans and 1L bottle last year however I snuck loads in my sleeping bag (which was rolled up in the bag) - I took 24 cans, 1L of vodka, bottle of sourz, 70cl bottle of southern comfort and some more.. this year however I think I'll only take 24 cans or a litre bottle as you can't take them into the arena (and they have to be transferred into plastic bottles before you can take them in the campsite) ..if you are more into drugs than drinking then don't even take drink as you can buy it there and if you make mates they'll no doubt give you drink - and even drugs lol.. have fun :)

Forgot to mention: Don't take shit loads of food, I took loads last year and ended up too off my face to eat it all, and don't worry about leaving your stuff in your tent - I left all my MAC makeup, money etc and unless you leave your tent unzipped, no one will go in it ... take a warm sleeping bag, clothes you don't mind getting full of mud etc, take a pillow and an air bed - your head and back will thank you for it after being on your feet for too many hours raving!! If i think of anything else I will let you know :)

Edited by alfi25

Don't worry about how much you take in, I took over 48 cans with me and a bottle of vodka, they saw it all and didn't say anything and let me proceed.

Hey.. I went CF last year for the first time camped in (3 days) Standard.. this year I'm doing 3 day hosp.. I often lost my mates and if i'm honest if you don't worry about it, enjoy the music and rave - you'll soon make pals. Me and my friend went last year just us two and we met loads of people in the queue - a massive group of lads and 2 girls and we ended up camping with them for the whole weekend, it was so good!!

In terms of the booze well, it was limited to 24 cans and 1L bottle last year however I snuck loads in my sleeping bag (which was rolled up in the bag) - I took 24 cans, 1L of vodka, bottle of sourz, 70cl bottle of southern comfort and some more.. this year however I think I'll only take 24 cans or a litre bottle as you can't take them into the arena (and they have to be transferred into plastic bottles before you can take them in the campsite) ..if you are more into drugs than drinking then don't even take drink as you can buy it there and if you make mates they'll no doubt give you drink - and even drugs lol.. have fun :)

Forgot to mention: Don't take shit loads of food, I took loads last year and ended up too off my face to eat it all, and don't worry about leaving your stuff in your tent - I left all my MAC makeup, money etc and unless you leave your tent unzipped, no one will go in it ... take a warm sleeping bag, clothes you don't mind getting full of mud etc, take a pillow and an air bed - your head and back will thank you for it after being on your feet for too many hours raving!! If i think of anything else I will let you know :)

Still, if you're out your face and you make it back to your tent, still beware, people snuck into our tents while we were asleep and stole money.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm considering coming for the first time from the United States. What happens on Friday night? Like, I may not be staying onsite (camping) so I see that I can not buy a pass for Friday night... the event says it is limited... what would I be missing by not being able to be there on Friday night? If I come for what seems like an awesome 3-Day event I want to be able to attend all 3 days... can someone help me understand the event set-up a little better? Many thanks, Luzy

Edited by luzy

hi Luzy, from just nosing around the internet it does appear that you cannot gain entry on the Friday with just a day ticket. looks like you need the 3 day camping ticket to get in as I suppose that's their incentive to get as many people camping as possible.

Hi! I'm considering coming for the first time from the United States. What happens on Friday night? Like, I may not be staying onsite (camping) so I see that I can not buy a pass for Friday night... the event says it is limited... what would I be missing by not being able to be there on Friday night? If I come for what seems like an awesome 3-Day event I want to be able to attend all 3 days... can someone help me understand the event set-up a little better? Many thanks, Luzy

Basically Friday night you have got your tent set up already :D made friends, go see a few acts and get very drunk :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have some questions regarding the shuttle buses and also general information!

So my plan was to travel from Belfast to Manchester and then get a Shuttle Bus to the festival. I was wondering;

Is the return journey back to Manchester on the Monday? How many nights does the 3 day ticket include? 4?

Yeah there is buses backup until lunch time on the Monday morning, 3 nights.

Where does the Shuttle Bus to the festival pick us up at and also what is the best way to reach this pickup location?

It's pretty central in Manchester, I'm sure the street is/will be on Creamfields site, but its not too far from train/bus station from what I remember

What amount of alcohol is allowed to be brought into the campsite?

Pretty much what you need, no glass though

Any other good advice for first timers?

Take the usual festival camping stuff and enjoy!

Thanks! :D

@MrCool
Where I can buy ticket for the bus if I want return journey to Liverpool monday?

At ticketmaster there is option only for Friday,Saturday,Sunday...

This year I am going for the first time. Me and my 2 friends, if anyone need a good company contact me!:) We are going to rave so much!!!!1