Electric picnic 2015

H.M.V

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I reckon there will be an announcement next week for this, normally they make an announcement a few days after the Longitude festival and that probably also frees up some acts on the Latitude bill as well.  Some people reckon Death Grips, I'm hoping Four Tet among others but fairly pleased with the line up as it stands.  I reckon some subs will be announced as well as the Body & Soul Village, Rave in the Woods, Trailer Park, Salty Dog, Jerry Fish Tent and others.  It would be nice if they minimised the carnival though, keep the big wheel and Chairoplanes and Helter Skelter but get rid of the rest.

Edited by Frrrraaappp head

• 2 weeks later...

21 new additions to the line up, a bit meh but I was already liking the rest of the line up anyways. 

The Boomtown Rats – Villagers – Le Galaxie - The Staves
MS MR – Shamir – Mano Le Tough – Parquet Courts 
Son Lux - Jape - Girlpool - Little Hours - The Lost Brothers
Here We Go Magic - Thomston - Declan McKenna - Tom Misch
Bry - Legend - Yurodny - Dublin Gospel Choir

weblayer.jpg

Yeah, there's already more than enough there to keep me happy!

I'll be seeing (clashes permitting) Blur, Underworld, Flo, Grace Jones, Manics, Tame Impala, Hot Chip, Belle & Sebastian, The War On Drugs, FKA Twigs, Despacio, Chvrches, Boomtown Rats, Ride, Battles, Jurassic 5, My Morning Jacket, Metz, Alvvays, Fat White Family......not too shabby!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So was your picnic guys ?

This was my third time at the festival, overall it was great as usual. Altought I tought this year was too crowded you have to que for everything while the main stage and tents were always packed with people.

My highlights were;

Future Islands on a Sunny Saturday afternoon at the Main Stage.

The War on Drugs

Hot Chip playing an absolute classics set.

Paul Kalkbrenner blowing off the roof of the Rankin wood stage on Sunday night.

Jurrasic 5

Jurrasic 5, FKA twigs, Jon Hopkins, Alvvays, churches, Django Django and Ride were all highlights but to be fair I wasn't let down by anyone I saw. I think the Rankins Wood stage was my favourite (my neighbour said he missed the start of battles because he though it was in the woods somewhere). The additional crowd didnt really bother me apart from at the other voices stage and when the headliners were on (seems like a lot of people spent most of the day in the campsite). I've already booked my ticket for next year, any guesses on potential headliners?

Edited by addicted2noise

• 3 weeks later...

There is a mp4 video rip of the RTE broadcast of Electric Picnic 2015 clocking into 3 hrs and 52 minutes, part of the Blur show is on this as well as a few tracks from Underworld, Future Islands, Stornoway, Hot Chip, Riptide Movement, Lisa O'Neill, Heartless Bastards, Ham Sandwich and others. I recommend going for the last set of three links as they are the fastest, Rapidgator link seems to be for premium users only. 

http://alivewarez.net/shows/499444-electric-picnic-2015-pdtv-x264-tvcuk.html