So are Fleetwood Mac lying about Glasto?

Justiceforcedave

Fleetwood Mac for Glasto? Yay or nay?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Are Fleetwood Mac Playing Glasto?

Eavis has suggested that there's a headliner-status band that's not headlining. So I was wondering if FM might fit for that.

When / where did he say that?

A band as big as FM as non-headliner - would that be unprecedented? Struggling to think of equivalents...

NB: I get Dolly P as an artist is massive, etc, but that would be significantly different, surely?

(This issue just wont go away, will it!!)

But why drip feed out the O2 gigs leading up to Glasto? Obviously new ones have been added as the previous ones sold out but it's just odd the order which they've appeared in.

My only thought is that they were going to do it (which is why the gap in the tour is there) but then opted to leave the door open to adding more dates to their own shows instead.

I thought almost every band did this nowadays? Announce one or two gigs at a big venue, then extend the run as each date sells out. Annoying as hell but common practice.

Do you know what the legend slot is? Do you genuinely think Taylor bloody Swift is legend slot status?

do calm down dear, i was referring to ME's comment I vaguely rememeber suggesting that TS could follow Dolly as a 'country' booking in that slot, as quite clearly indicated by the second half of the very post you commented :)

Edited by Zac Quinn

do calm down dear, i was referring to ME's comment that TS could follow Dolly as a 'country' booking in that slot, as quite clearly indicated by the second half of the very post you commented :)

Blatantly he meant a country artist in a prominent slot, though. Taylor Swift in the legend slot would be like TDCC in the legend slot; completely nonsensical.

They're just gonna keep playing the O2 until the tickets stop selling out aren't they?

Then they'll put their feet up, watch Glastonbury on the telly and count their cash.

Makes sense to earn £1-£2 million gross instead of whatever Glastonbury can offer them regardless of any good feeling they have for the festival.

"Sorry Michael but you should have offered us more money,maybe next year my good man"

They're just gonna keep playing the O2 until the tickets stop selling out aren't they?

Then they'll put their feet up, watch Glastonbury on the telly and count their cash.

Makes sense to earn £1-£2 million gross instead of whatever Glastonbury can offer them regardless of any good feeling they have for the festival.

"Sorry Michael but you should have offered us more money,maybe next year my good man"

if they were about the money, they'd do both.

sell out their own gigs as much as possible, then be announced in the new year for festival slots for more paydays.