So are Fleetwood Mac lying about Glasto?

Justiceforcedave

Fleetwood Mac for Glasto? Yay or nay?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Are Fleetwood Mac Playing Glasto?

i think its quite obvious that there isn't a deal done, perhaps with any headliners at this stage.

whether that will change between now and April who knows.... i have gone with no for now but it could easily change.

wasnt the rumour that the stones only confirmed a matter of days before the april announcement when they played?

it's possible, but incredibly unlikely, considering that headliners for smaller, less important festivals are already signed and in some cases already announced.

if headliners haven't signed preliminary contracts, not to mention many other mid-level bands who will have alrady been shopped around by their tour booking agents for gigs and festivals next summer, then Glastonbury has a pretty shambolic booking policy.

it's possible, but incredibly unlikely, considering that headliners for smaller, less important festivals are already signed and in some cases already announced.

if headliners haven't signed preliminary contracts, not to mention many other mid-level bands who will have alrady been shopped around by their tour booking agents for gigs and festivals next summer, then Glastonbury has a pretty shambolic booking policy.

I'm fairly sure I've read here on more than one occasion from Neil that bookings for Glastonbury generally happen a lot later on than people may think.

I'm fairly sure I've read here on more than one occasion from Neil that bookings for Glastonbury generally happen a lot later on than people may think.

for the odd act, quite possibly, for most acts in April, they'll already be signed off several months before.

international bands especially need to know their touring schedules many months in advance.

Arcade Fire were announced in December last year, and announced some other June tour dates then. they'll have been working on booking/organising those since late Summer/early Autumn 2013.

i know people in 2 bands who have played before and both had already agreed in January.

I would say they are. Lie about being asked or that they are in talks so the tour can sell.

When it gets to April they can just that 'space opened up' and that they became available.

I don't think its bad for bands to say they aren't playing festivals so tours can sell. True fan won't mind seeing them more than once and general festival goers can experience something new.

I'm hoping for the prodigy up against the Mac anyway. Would love to see them on other!

for the odd act, quite possibly, for most acts in April, they'll already be signed off several months before.

yep - which makes that Jan/Feb, and not November.

i know people in 2 bands who have played before and both had already agreed in January.

it depends hat you exactly mean by "agreed".

A fair percentage of agreements don't actually end up happening.

if they do end up playing Glastonbury, how will you people who bought tickets for their shows feel about it?

I'd be very happy.

I've bought tickets to see them in Amsterdam anyway but that was always going to happen as it's a nice weekend away and a great venue.

I couldn't have justified £100 for Manchester or Birmingham though.

I really want to see Stevie Nicks on the Pyramid Stage to see how she embraces it.

Plus, who wouldn't want to see one of their favourite bands twice in a month?

It would have to be at the expense of some other very decent legendary band to annoy me, but with the recent Pyramid headliners being what they have, The Rolling Stones aside, I could take or leave them.

It's entirely possible the 6 day gap is just a huge coincidence.

But of my limited knowledge of artist booking, it doesn't make much sense. Why have a huge entourage in the UK for more time than is necessary?

Unlikely they would go back to their homes (apart from Christine I guess!).

Perhaps nearly a week chilling in 5-star hotels in the UK is what they want!

It seems more likely that the tour has been left with that gap deliberately, but at the moment, no deal is signed or perhaps not even near. E.g. 'we left a gap for it to work out some details, but we're so far apart on a deal it's not happening'.

Until another gig pops up in those 6 days, I remain cautiously optimistic!

Edited by Stu H

so that's

Tuesday 23rd - O2 London

Wednesday 24th - O2 London

Friday 26th - O2 London

Tuesday 30th - First Direct Arena, Leeds

i think?

still the space for Glastonbury on Sunday or even Saturday seeing as they're doing 2 consecutive night performances.

less likely now though obviously.

Edited by ghostdancer1

Has Mick ever said "we're not playing Glastonbury", or has it always been "we're not headlining Glastonbury"?

"One of the things that I'd like to clear up is that we're not playing ... “A lot of folks think that we are, so loud and clear: We love Glastonbury and all the surrounding history of such a lovely festival but we're not playing it.”.

No loss. Id rather take the blind punt and wait for someone else to be announced. Could be someone interesting.