So are Fleetwood Mac lying about Glasto?

Justiceforcedave

Fleetwood Mac for Glasto? Yay or nay?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Are Fleetwood Mac Playing Glasto?

isnt kanye west the cretin who plays the same song 10 times at the end of his gigs? And the drooling simpletons in the crowd lap it up?

Avoid.

11 times, him and Jay-Z.

not bad when you've already done 41 songs before it....

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jay-z-and-kanye-west/2012/palais-omnisports-de-paris-bercy-paris-france-63dfe237.html

10847892_774275129286681_838585745061134

he's british, why would he talk about prices in dollars?

I call bullshit on that.

Also, ticket prices for the best seats at his wembley gig are £65. How is a kid with a poor father going to afford that? Hardly the second coming of robin hood is he?

Perhaps millionaires should keep their traps shut when it comes to this sort of thing.

The quote is real and referring to his Australian tour.

Demi Lovato (heard of her this morning) charged $7250 dollars for her meet and greet in Oz! And that doesn't even include the ticket! :lol:

It really is the new thing. Kiss, J-Lo, Lady Ga-Ga all raping the Aussie market as tours are more rare down there.

The days of big stadium gigs are pretty much over for me. There isn't a shred of dignity left in them. 10 years ago I would've had tickets for Fleetwood Mac, U2 and AC/DC. I've no interest in any of them now.

Edited by The Nal

The quote is real and referring to his Australian tour.

Demi Lovato charged $7250 dollars for her meet and greet in Oz! And that doesn't even include the ticket! :lol:

holy shit I've never even heard of her. I had to google and I'm still none the wiser. Presumably the only people paying that will be pervy middle aged men??

holy shit I've never even heard of her. I had to google and I'm still none the wiser. Presumably the only people paying that will be pervy middle aged men??

No idea. Rich daddies paying for their kids to go?

Either way, I can't remember the last time I was at a good, large sized (arena or bigger) gig. Festivals aside. Anything over 7-8k attendance now is nonsense.

A good gig's a good gig. I've seen ace stadium/arena shows that wouldn't have worked in a club and of course the opposite clearly also the case. Taking a stand at a "venue size" seems odd to me.

There's no link between a band's meet and greet policy and the potential quality of the show to me.

There's no link between a band's meet and greet policy and the potential quality of the show to me.

Theres a massive whiff of bullshit from it though, which impacts the actual gig, for me. Knowing that Mick Fleetwood had charged a load of poor bastards 700 quid a pop for a photograph before the show would make me sit uneasy throughout.

Really? I wouldn't let any of the money-grabbing activities an "artist" engages in spoil my perception or enjoyment. You'd never leave the gaff mate! Haha

:lol: Theres a line though!

And this is it!

"OK are we done? That'll be £1400 please. Now go back outside and queue up with the rest of the vermin"

Its almost admirable how much his glare quietly whispers "fuck you" to those two poor unsuspecting hoors as he pockets their cash.

Torri,%2BMick%2BFleetwood%2Band%2BDotty%

Edited by The Nal

:lol: Theres a line though!

And this is it!

"OK are we done? That'll be £1400 please. Now go back outside and queue up with the rest of the vermin"

Its almost admirable how much his glare quietly whispers "fuck you" to those two poor unsuspecting hoors as he pockets their cash.

Torri,%2BMick%2BFleetwood%2Band%2BDotty%

And there was me thinking Stevie Nicks and Chrissie McVie had let themselves go

• 2 weeks later...

again?

Yeah. But even if they turn around a new album and/or tour in 4-5 years after this one ends (which is ambitious for them) they'll all be in their 70s by then. Some well into their 70s.

And Mick Fleetwood has flogged enough "Meet Mick Fleetwood" passes to see him comfortably into retirement.

news-vip_r620x349.jpg?75d51d0aea2efce518

His entire body is visibly aching in contempt at this witless plebeian, as he pockets his 700 quid.

Cant blame him either. Anyone who dresses up in Aloha from Hawaii era Elvis clobber for a Fleetwood Mac gig deserves to be ripped off.

7bc1e6a5-e909-4791-a85d-9bc8666ffc8a.jpg

Edited by The Nal