So are Fleetwood Mac lying about Glasto?

Justiceforcedave

Fleetwood Mac for Glasto? Yay or nay?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Are Fleetwood Mac Playing Glasto?

Changed my vote to a no.....it ain't happening

I have been considering changing my vote to no but the fact that the dates are still free and the Bristol typo I'm gonna hold off,the whole we're not doing Glasto could be all about the iow exclusive.

It aint over til them dates have gone or the headliners get announced,when does iow normally sell out,by the spring perhaps when Glasto can start announcing?

Edited by Thearg

No seems not, they have go for the money!

Fleetwood mac promised us last year if asked again in 2015 they would headline…. Many fans including myself purchased tickets to see them headline and instead they

have gone exclusively to Isle of Wight festival for a load more cash.

Come on Mick Fleetwood, you could have and should have chosen Glastonbury. You can fit it in - you have chosen to sell out o2 gigs in London when you could have

closed GLastonbury 2015! You would have made up in lost money with album sales and reached a whole new audience - Live on TV !

Are you not all making enough money? 2 world tours in 4 years . . . . . .

Shame on you.

• Downvote 3

Fleetwood mac promised us last year if asked again in 2015 they would headline…. Many fans including myself purchased tickets to see them headline and instead they

Come on Mick Fleetwood, you could have and should have chosen Glastonbury. You can fit it in - you have chosen to sell out o2 gigs in London when you could have

closed GLastonbury 2015! You would have made up in lost money with album sales and reached a whole new audience - Live on TV !

Shame on you.

You bought a glastonbury ticket just because you thought this desperately dull band were playing??

I sincerely hope you still go to the festival even if this MOR tripe will not be there as your cloth ears will be opened up to a plethora of infinitely better sounds.

if they were that interested in money, surely they wouldn't be an IoW exclusive, and would do several festivals all around the world for mega-bucks?

whatever they're being paid for IoW exclusivity would surely be wiped out by a few big paydays at large festivals?

i know The Killers got 500k for headlining Electric Picnic (32k capacity) a few years ago, so FM could surely be charging 750k+ per festival. 4 big festivals and that's 3million minimum. surely IoW wouldn't be paying more than that for exclusivity (not including FM's performance fee).

Thats cool.

Fleetwoods sounds like you're ushered in, a token picture, told a few bog standard stories and then send back out to the queue with the rest of the fans. Lasts about 40 minutes all in. For 700 quid.

Thats not really the fault of the band though, most top acts are doing this now, nice way for the label/tour management to make more money at gigs.

You want souless meet and greets, search for the Avril Lavinge meet and greet she had.

Thats not really the fault of the band though, most top acts are doing this now, nice way for the label/tour management to make more money at gigs.

You want souless meet and greets, search for the Avril Lavinge meet and greet she had.

So I did. Bloody hell.

Also book me in for a Rihanna one. :ninja:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/a-rihanna-meet-greet-vs-an-avril-lavigne-meet-greet

Shame on you.

You are taking the piss of course!!!

At least there will be some returned tickets for the April resale for folks who want to go to GF regardless.

if they were that interested in money, surely they wouldn't be an IoW exclusive, and would do several festivals all around the world for mega-bucks?

whatever they're being paid for IoW exclusivity would surely be wiped out by a few big paydays at large festivals?

i know The Killers got 500k for headlining Electric Picnic (32k capacity) a few years ago, so FM could surely be charging 750k+ per festival. 4 big festivals and that's 3million minimum. surely IoW wouldn't be paying more than that for exclusivity (not including FM's performance fee).

you've not covered all the angles with that.

Yes, just about everyone likes to make lots of money. But they also want to make lots of money for the least possible work.

So factor that in, too.

Of course it's the fault of the band.

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/op_ed_rou_reynolds_enter_shikari_on_vip_fan_packages

I love Rou, such a legend, meet him a couple of times and he's a great person to chat with, treats his fans with such legitimate normality.

I've spoken to him about fan packages & he didn't say very nice things about My Chemical Romance who ES had supported when I saw them in Brighton.