So are Fleetwood Mac lying about Glasto?

Justiceforcedave

Fleetwood Mac for Glasto? Yay or nay?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Are Fleetwood Mac Playing Glasto?

were I in fleetwood mac, I'd be absolutely fucking astonished at this sudden resurgence in their popularity.

...and staring at my bank account online, watching the total spin ever upwards like a fucking slot machine, gut laughing with incredulity to myself that all that cash spunked away on gak has been recouped 100-fold.

They do a 2.5 hour show, always the same setlist.

Bringing Christine McVie back has been a masterstroke.

They only toured last year and she'll add about 6 songs to an already predictable (albeit great) set of greatest hits.

So basically you're paying the best part of £100 to see the same show with 6 different songs in the set.

It's all a bit mad really.

I'm going back The Dam to see them though as it's a decent venue and a brilliant city.

Would have loved to have seen how they handled the Pyramid.

What's the chances that Stevie might turn up on her own?

I don't suppose she'd be allowed in case she gets trenchfoot or something.

For every date they announce other than Glasto, an African child starves to death.

Only one? At least ten, by the sound of it. :prankster:

So really, someone posted earlier in this thread that they had booked a Glastonbury ticket just because they thought FM might be playing this particular festival, based on rumours (heh) and now feels entitled to berate the band for probably not doing so. I mean, hello? Whose fault, which planet......? Why don't they let the ticket go back into the resale pot and buy one for the FM tour instead, if this is all that matters to them? It will probably cost them less, even after writing off the booking fee. My mind boggles. I never thought I'd feel compelled to defend FM (I think there's about 2 FM songs that I actually like, and they go back to the Peter Green era) - strange days indeed.

:lol:

Yeah its bizarre really. I'm all for meet and greets but charging 700 quid for the privilege is total bullshit. Last years headliner (Metallica) do it for fan club members for free. Well free after the membership fee.

They actually give something back to the fans, play fanclub exclusive gigs, meet the members and bring them on stage for Glastonbury headliner appearances!

Check out the load of old cobblers you get with Fleetwood. For 700 quid a pop.

One premium reserved ticket located in the first 5 rows

. VIP early entry into the venue

. Exclusive meet & greet with Mick Fleetwood

. Personal photograph with Mick Fleetwood

. Autographed 8x10 photo

. Onstage Q&A session at Mick's drum set

. Exclusive tour merchandise item

. Official meet & greet laminate

. On-site VIP host

. Limited availability

Jesus Christ Mick, if you're taking 1400 quid from these two idiots can you at least a fake fucking smile!?

jenmemick01a.jpg

Torri,%2BMick%2BFleetwood%2Band%2BDotty%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1hcc1QvM2Q - feel the magic.

yeah, cos it's so much better to pay a fortune to the band than it is to a tout. :P

Thing is, it's touts that have pushed the RRP up. Must piss you off as a performer to see people making lots of money off you for doing bugger all. And it's made them all realise what they CAN charge for their tickets.

Bloody touts. I hates them...