Headliners 2015 - Wishes, rumours, my mate knows someone who knows someone that says...

Greenelk

Sunday lunchtime always seems to be an act with some heritage, it's the Latitude version of Glastonbury's "Legend's Slot". I would bet on Patti Smith, but William Onyeabor last year shows that we never know what's they'll pull out of the bag.

thats , true, I would argue that madness has some heritage, they are a classically British band, most generations new and old know of them.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually grew some goosebumps before I'd even pressed play on that video Klipper.

Now I've slept on it I think I need to get some Saturday day tickets at the very least this year!

Do it! And if you're still not convinced, watch this:

I wonder how many portishead videos i'll have posted on here by the time the festival comes round....

Do it! And if you're still not convinced, watch this:

I wonder how many portishead videos i'll have posted on here by the time the festival comes round....

I'm already halfway through watching the Glastonbury set again on Youtube (bye-bye lunch hour)! :) What a glorious night that was!

Re: the Madness suggestion, I think that Madness would be a bit of novelty if they were to be booked, mid main stage, but not Sunday lunchtime slot. They'd be treated similar to James last year, I think. Madness wouldn't be a good fit for the line-up as it is, while I like the announcement, I have seen criticisms that it's a bit "blokey", which I sort of agree with. The Sunday already has Manics and Noel, adding Madness as well would make it look like a different festival with a more NME type vibe. We need a few more female artists to set a bit of balance, Patti Smith would be an excellent choice for that Sunday lunchtime slot.

Loving the line-up this year, although wondering where Florence is, is it possible that she could be added later? Or even Ben Howard would be nice.

I totally agree notcreativephil, I would love to see Ben Howard, I think latitude has some HUGE suprises up its sleeve, they did say that right from the outset, there will be lots of big suprises across the festival this year, so I am hoping for maybe a surprise set. Yer I think there will be more names released for sure, maybe not massive or big names ( you never know) , but not till April.

Are we thinking that the returning headliner fell through or could they be lined up for the Sunday lunchtime slot, if so i can see Damien Rice being the mentioned act. As for acts still to announce, the layout of the poster suggests we could still have 3rd and 5th from top on Friday and Sunday main stage still to announce? Probably more wishful thinking than anything.

Its purely speculation but she would fit that time and slot perfectly. She has no dates after June, that I know of , so it would leave her open to gigs. Plus Sunday has a lot of spaces to fill up.

Its speculation and a whole lot of wishing.

For a glorious moment, I thought you knew something.

Twin Hidden were TBC but never got announced ... must be for the lake stage I presume

also we certain that those three bands are headlining the I arena?

on the line up page all headliners are in a bigger font ...not them though.

Edited by pryce