Headliners 2015 - Wishes, rumours, my mate knows someone who knows someone that says...

Greenelk

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are sadly idiots.

Please tell me there is no chance the vaccines will get a bigger crowd??

Naw, there's too much of an even spread of ages for that to happen. I was worried that Robyn & Royksopp last year would be chocka full of the yoof element (Jesus fucking Christ, I'm 23, I shouldn't be saying that), because they were up against Damon Albarn, but they got pretty much the same mix of ages as Mogwai the night before, who were up against Lily Allen. I don't think many people past their teens are really into The Vaccines, if it was somewhere like Reading and Leeds, there'd be no content, but the Latitude crowd seem to evenly spread themselves. I know Facebook comments aren't a great way to canvass opinion, but if you were going by the comments on the official page after the line-up, you'd probably think Portishead were bigger than Noel.

Naw, there's too much of an even spread of ages for that to happen. I was worried that Robyn & Royksopp last year would be chocka full of the yoof element (Jesus fucking Christ, I'm 23, I shouldn't be saying that), because they were up against Damon Albarn, but they got pretty much the same mix of ages as Mogwai the night before, who were up against Lily Allen. I don't think many people past their teens are really into The Vaccines, if it was somewhere like Reading and Leeds, there'd be no content, but the Latitude crowd seem to evenly spread themselves. I know Facebook comments aren't a great way to canvass opinion, but if you were going by the comments on the official page after the line-up, you'd probably think Portishead were bigger than Noel.

This is true. But I also reckon portishead will get the smallest crowd of the headliners, certainly lily allen and black keys were noticeably bigger than damon last year (I was at mogwai/lykke li but that's what some of my mates told me), but hey I'm not complaining means I'll be closer to the front and fewer people will notice me crying during Roads.

This is true. But I also reckon portishead will get the smallest crowd of the headliners, certainly lily allen and black keys were noticeably bigger than damon last year (I was at mogwai/lykke li but that's what some of my mates told me), but hey I'm not complaining means I'll be closer to the front and fewer people will notice me crying during Roads.

I think Bon Iver and Kraftwerk were both very busy, busier than Portishead is likely to be, and easily I strolled to optimum stage distance with dancing space before they both started, so I'm not worried about having to get in there. Damon getting smaller crowd is odd, I wonder if it's becuase Robyn & Royksopp are both a bigger draw than Lykke Li and Mogwai. Although Mogwai did feel the busiest out of the three by quite a way.

I think Bon Iver and Kraftwerk were both very busy, busier than Portishead is likely to be, and easily I strolled to optimum stage distance with dancing space before they both started, so I'm not worried about having to get in there. Damon getting smaller crowd is odd, I wonder if it's becuase Robyn & Royksopp are both a bigger draw than Lykke Li and Mogwai. Although Mogwai did feel the busiest out of the three by quite a way.

Damon's crowd wasn't small per se, just smaller than Lily Allen/Black Keys by quite a way (according to mates who saw all 3), which isn't too surprising, the black keys/two door drew quite a young crowd last year who wouldn't be that into seeing damon.

• 3 weeks later...

The best thing about latitude for me is the fact that you can get (very) close to the main stage without being rammed in for any act. The only act i can remember thinking it was really busy for was... (sad to say) mumfords? I went to go the bar from the second stage and the field seemed full to the back and sides.

Edited by DJL

https://www.facebook.com/LatitudeFestival/photos/a.367589753261466.83031.107609022592875/925748267445609/?type=1&theater

Poetry stage announcements on monday, loved the poetry stage last year, best place for a hangover and meeting friends there to see scroobius pip after I'd bailed on black keys to see lykke li was a highlight of one of my favourite days at a festival ever.

Edited by klipper

https://www.facebook.com/LatitudeFestival/photos/a.367589753261466.83031.107609022592875/925748267445609/?type=1&theater

Poetry stage announcements on monday, loved the poetry stage last year, best place for a hangover and meeting friends there to see scroobius pip after I'd bailed on black keys to see lykke li was a highlight of one of my favourite days at a festival ever.

I remember seeing some great stuff in their in 2013 when Thurston Moore kept getting postponed, then Thurston turned up and was thunderingly shit. I've never seen a tent empty so fast.

Now announced:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/150330a.shtml

Edited by 5co77ie