Headliners 2015 - Wishes, rumours, my mate knows someone who knows someone that says...

Greenelk

Might as get this one started over here.

We know Melvin has said that we're looking at a returning headliner, so excluding this years, we have the following

Snow Patrol
Antony & the Johnsons
Mogwai
Damien Rice
The Good, the Bad and the Queen
Arcade Fire
Franz Ferdinand
Sigur Rós
Interpol
Pet Shop Boys
Grace Jones
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Florence and the Machine
Belle & Sebastian
Vampire Weekend
The National
Paolo Nutini
Suede
Bon Iver
Elbow
Paul Weller
Bloc Party
Kraftwerk
Foals
Looking at the list, there's quite a few bands due to return next year, such as Snow Patrol and Florence and others like Damien Rice and Belle & Sebastian who are just starting to tour again. Who would people love/hate to return from the list.
There's also been quite a bit of speculation around TDCC being given another chance - what do we think?
Edited by Greenelk

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief I hope not.

Nick Cave would certainly be the most popular choice, and my own personal pick, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll be Belle& Sebastian, which ain't too shabby.

Nick cave

Belle and Sebastian

Bjork

Now that has a lovely look to it..

Edited by thetime

Nick cave

Belle and Sebastian

Bjork

Now that has a lovely look to it..

I still have high hopes Bjork will headline one day.

She has to, doesn't she? She's the one that people always want, FR must know that, if she's around next year (and I think she is, isn't she?) then we must be in with a decent chance of her headlining. I don't think we'll get Nick Cave, B&S and Bjork all in one year though, we'll probably be getting The Vaccines or TDCC one night.

Ideal "new" headliner for me is either Portishead or Massive Attack, but they're both very pie-in-the-sky.

She has to, doesn't she? She's the one that people always want, FR must know that, if she's around next year (and I think she is, isn't she?) then we must be in with a decent chance of her headlining. I don't think we'll get Nick Cave, B&S and Bjork all in one year though, we'll probably be getting The Vaccines or TDCC one night.

Ideal "new" headliner for me is either Portishead or Massive Attack, but they're both very pie-in-the-sky.

Bjork has a new album out in the latter part of 2015, 2016 more likely if she was to play.

Portishead is a good shout, some bands just fit into a festival like a glove and portishead and lattitude for nicely.

Are B&S big enough to headline a festival this size nowadays? I'm going to see them at Birmingham Symphony Hall and Liverpool in May so I would be surprised.

Nah he's not big enough, don't think any dates on his academy tour actually sold out.

Fair enough. My feel for how big an act is ain't what it used to be now I'm older and more out of touch. Perhaps a spot in 6music tent then?

Nick Cave would definitely be welcome as a headliner, as would Primal Scream if they have anything on next year.

Fair enough. My feel for how big an act is ain't what it used to be now I'm older and more out of touch. Perhaps a spot in 6music tent then?

Nick Cave would definitely be welcome as a headliner, as would Primal Scream if they have anything on next year.

Yeah, I'd say headlining that or 2nd/3rd down on main. Either way, he's a good shout to play next year.

Edited by kingcrawler

• 3 weeks later...

someone has mailed us to say that Paolo Nutini is headlining Latitude 2015.

At this moment I've no idea if it's true or not, tho I'll look into it further tomorrow.

Of all the returning headliners it could have been, this would be a crushing blow, but I can't deny he was popular - I've never seen the arena so full as when we tried, and failed, to find my mates family, who he had left at the front earlier. We gave up, slumped down in a corner of the literary tent, where he wept openly at his daughters' horrific musical tastes, having failed to convert them to the wonders of the Bunnymen earlier that evening.

No National or Nick Cave, then.

Yeah, that's why I'm so put out about it, crap headliners are crap headliners, they've happened before, they'll happen again. But a crap headliner that rules out Nick Cave, when we were so close, that stings, maaaaaaaaaan. Looks like we've got Atj-J and Paulo Nutini nailed on to me, balls. I'm holding out hope for Portishead in that third slot, let's not have another Latitude sausage fest (I know Lily Allen headlined this year, but that was a last-minute thing. 2 (3, if you count Lily Allen) female/female-fronted headliners in 9 festivals is pretty fucking poor for a festival of this size.

Yeah, that's why I'm so put out about it, crap headliners are crap headliners, they've happened before, they'll happen again. But a crap headliner that rules out Nick Cave, when we were so close, that stings, maaaaaaaaaan. Looks like we've got Atj-J and Paulo Nutini nailed on to me, balls. I'm holding out hope for Portishead in that third slot, let's not have another Latitude sausage fest (I know Lily Allen headlined this year, but that was a last-minute thing. 2 (3, if you count Lily Allen) female/female-fronted headliners in 9 festivals is pretty fucking poor for a festival of this size.

The thing is, for me Latitude teeters between being the perfect festival for me and being a festival I hate. They have lots of headliners I love (Nick Cave, The National, Bloc Party, etc.), but then lots that I can't stand (TDCC, Paolo Nutini, etc.). Never know whether to get my hopes up or not.