FLEETWOOD MAC not doing Glastonbury 2015.

Swine_Glasto2014

This is a good point. They'd have to get a big hitter that played before I started going like bowie or Macca for me but they ain't gonna happen.

Would love a 70s heavy Elton set though.

All the rest - muse, biffy, foos, coldplay etc hold little or no interest.

At least those of you with delusions of superior intelligence have the possibility of radiohead to cling on to.

ha you're right about radiohead how could I have forgotten about them! there is still a chance for 2015 to be saved.

My faint hope is the roses but that won't happen. Saw them at heaton park so won't be gutted if it didn't happen or I missed it but chances are I'd be hugging the barrier if it did.

oh yeah I'd love to see them play too.

I still love watching a pyramid headliner after all these years. I think it's still the best musical experience you can have at the festival. It really irritates me when there are none I want to see. I would happily see all 3 pyramid headliners if they were bands I like, though the chances are pretty much zero of that ever happening now.

I know a lot of people would be horrified at that prospect.

What are Elton's movements? While he's a lesser propsect than a Bowie or a Macca, he still a globe-bestriding colossus of musical excellence when held up against some of the other names being touted.

*makes sign of the cross in the direction of Kings of Leon*

Elton hasn't been away long enough for people to miss him, and hasn't had a recent hit soon enough for people to want him. he's a huge name, and it worked for Bestival because of the camp-ness and randomness of it all, but i think he'd get a massive 'huh?' if he was announced as a Glastonbury headliner

i doubt KOL will be booked to headline Glastonbury any time soon either, mind, for pretty much the same reasons

He's had hits more recently than Fleetwood Mac.

I think it'd be a Stevie Wonder-esque booking in that while there's initially neither clamour nor any real reason for anyone to want him to do it, the penny would soon drop about the wall of hits that would be heading our way.

yeah but he doesn't have this whole Fleetwood Mac revival thing that's been going on the past few years (apparently because of Glee). but i think you're right about the Stevie comparison - it'd be a question mark of a booking but come the festival everybody would've listened to his greatest hits etc and realised what a great back catalogue he has

yeah but he doesn't have this whole Fleetwood Mac revival thing that's been going on the past few years (apparently because of Glee). but i think you're right about the Stevie comparison - it'd be a question mark of a booking but come the festival everybody would've listened to his greatest hits etc and realised what a great back catalogue he has

Exactly. It might seem strange at first but the closer the festival got the less people can deny the man's sheer level of hits.

he'd definitely be a surprise booking, although i'm unsure if Glastonbury would want to come second to Bestival in getting him. maybe in a few years, but considering he hadn't done a festival for years and years before Bestival it'd seem like Glastonbury were jumping on Bestival's success. just my two cents - this type of stuff might not matter to the organisers as much as i think it does

he'd definitely be a surprise booking, although i'm unsure if Glastonbury would want to come second to Bestival in getting him. maybe in a few years, but considering he hadn't done a festival for years and years before Bestival it'd seem like Glastonbury were jumping on Bestival's success. just my two cents - this type of stuff might not matter to the organisers as much as i think it does

I don't think that'd matter. I'm sure Eavis will have asked him many times before Bestival was even a thing.

Again with the Taylor Swift. The chief was threatening bans here for less.

Is it not all a big in-joke?

I listened to some of the clips linked and it's just frothy pop music for prepubescents. I cannot fathom why anyone would view it as potential headliner music.

Some of the people in that threat are the usual cretins, but some of the more usually sensible people are just on a wind up, surely?

That's what I thought at first, but I don't think so anymore.

Well considering she cant even sell out that Hyde Park gig I think people are pretty delusional about her widespread popularity so the chances of her headlining glastonbury are naff all.

That being said, I'd rather she got the gig than the hated foo fighters.

Well considering she cant even sell out that Hyde Park gig I think people are pretty delusional about her widespread popularity so the chances of her headlining glastonbury are naff all.

That being said, I'd rather she got the gig than the hated foo fighters.

Were folks suggesting she headline? Thats madness. 5pm ish Pyramid Stage. They seem to like female pop acts around that time. Lana Del Rey, Shakira, Lily Allen, Rita Ora, James Blunt, John Mayer, Paolo Nutini....