FLEETWOOD MAC not doing Glastonbury 2015.

Swine_Glasto2014

I thought they'd be at stadiums not arenas. Was hoping they were coming up to SJP.

Can't see them playing after such an outright denial. Far more likely they'll do IOW or BST.

I had Louise Mensch, wife of Metallica manager say they were 100% NOT playing, on Twitter, only a few weeks before they were announced. Because what else was she going to say?!

Frankly, I wouldn't believe much of what comes out of the music industry's mouth.

The PR machine is rolling along as always.

I think I might go to the London O2 and Glasgow dates, if they're £50.

Published on December 2nd, 2013

Iron Maiden and Metallica, the two biggest metal bands on the planet, will make history this summer when they co-headline the Sonisphere Festival in Knebworth, the very first time both bands have appeared together on a British bill, and the ONLY CONCERTS EITHER BAND WILL PLAY IN THE UK IN 2014.

tumblr_n7wb50MGgV1t90xlro1_500.jpg

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 1

"No. We're not playing."
If Mick said that then I could imagine them going back on it. However he didn't, he said this:
"But one of the things that I'd like to clear up, we're not playing Glastonbury. And a lot of folks think that we are, so loud and clear from Fleetwood Mac, we love Glastonbury and all the surrounding history of such a lovely festival, but we're not playing it, and a lot of people that I meet are totally buying tickets for what will be a great show in any case, certainly without Fleetwood Mac, I know that. They always have a great headliner but it won't be us. So, no bad faith for Glastonbury because it's an incredible festival I don't want people thinking that we are playing it, but we are coming next summer."

"No. We're not playing."
If Mick said that then I could imagine them going back on it. However he didn't, he said this:
"But one of the things that I'd like to clear up, we're not playing Glastonbury. And a lot of folks think that we are, so loud and clear from Fleetwood Mac, we love Glastonbury and all the surrounding history of such a lovely festival, but we're not playing it, and a lot of people that I meet are totally buying tickets for what will be a great show in any case, certainly without Fleetwood Mac, I know that. They always have a great headliner but it won't be us. So, no bad faith for Glastonbury because it's an incredible festival I don't want people thinking that we are playing it, but we are coming next summer."

thats my thoughts, hes gone right over the top

Ok, away from managers and promoters, has any other band had a senior member that has denied a performance so vehemently only to do an about turn?

If you’re a Mac fan with a ticket for Glastonbury who buys a ticket for the tour on the basis you’re not seeing them at Pilton, you’d be fairly entitled to be pissed off if they turn around and changed their mind.

I’d prefer them to Muse or Biffy any day by the way.

I absolutely believe they are currently not booked/playing.

But if they're offered Hyde Park and then Glastonbury becomes a possibility, which will add another X hundred thousand onto whatever they're making, then perhaps it would come up.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies....

I sat in the cheap seats at the O2 for Muse in 2012 and it was fine. Had a great view. Unless you don't like heights or have poor eye sight I doubt it'd be a problem.

In before someone cracks out the "Would've probably been better if you couldn't see or hear them !!" banter.

Yep I saw leonard cohen up in the top tier and it was still very much enjoyable. Sound and vision was fine.

I think the o2 in london is actually pretty good really.

Stu, the £50 seats will be in the rafters - seriously scary if you have a problem with heights and miles away from stage. Well Glasgow is anyway and I guess the O2 will be worse.

I don't mind the top tier of the O2 too much. Prefer level 1 for seated gigs, I'll wait and see what the price is on those.

I also have a sneaky way of happily getting into Level 1 with a Level 4 ticket at the O2, I think I've mentioned it on here but that secret stays with me!

I can also get from the seats at the top of Wembley Arena to the floor section with absolutely no trouble. It involves 2 pints of lager and a wife (imaginary or otherwise). It's all about the blag!

I don't mind the top tier of the O2 too much. Prefer level 1 for seated gigs, I'll wait and see what the price is on those.

I also have a sneaky way of happily getting into Level 1 with a Level 4 ticket at the O2, I think I've mentioned it on here but that secret stays with me!

I can also get from the seats at the top of Wembley Arena to the floor section with absolutely no trouble. It involves 2 pints of lager and a wife (imaginary or otherwise). It's all about the blag!

hmm...i dont want to sound liek a git, but couldnt that be pretty dangerous if lots of people did that??

I have no comment about this really, this could end up either way.

With those dates, they are probably doing BST or they've specifically chosen not to do glastonbury due to their own personal reasons. This isn't a money thing...

Edited by Matt42

I have no comment about this really, this could end up either way.

With those dates, they are probably doing BST or they've specifically chosen not to do glastonbury due to their own personal reasons. This isn't a money thing...

erm...was that not a comment on it then?!

i think £££ has everything to do with it...