FLEETWOOD MAC not doing Glastonbury 2015.

Swine_Glasto2014

this is shapin up to be quite a story already and its only november.... i wish they would put us out of our misery and just announce a gig somewhere / anywhere on the glasto weekend that rules them out.

until they do that the speculation will continue to fly

the only thing i can think of is that its generally not the done thing to host a big arena show or anything like that over the glasto weekend in case some of your crowd are already going and means you'd miss out on sales?! not likely tho surely?

I can't believe they are doing BST now with 4 x O2 dates and 2 just days before... it just seems unlikely.

I think once the dates have all sold out then things could very well change with regards to the G.

Edited by Memory Man

this is shapin up to be quite a story already and its only november.... i wish they would put us out of our misery and just announce a gig somewhere / anywhere on the glasto weekend that rules them out.

until they do that the speculation will continue to fly

the only thing i can think of is that its generally not the done thing to host a big arena show or anything like that over the glasto weekend in case some of your crowd are already going and means you'd miss out on sales?! not likely tho surely?

I can't believe they are doing BST now with 4 x O2 dates and 2 just days before... it just seems unlikely.

I think once the dates have all sold out then things could very well change with regards to the G.

Yeah I don't think a Mac BST day is happening if they've already shifted over a hundred thousand tickets for their tour and especially not on Glastonbury weekend. Plenty of acts who don't play the festival create 'Glastonbury-sized holes' because 160,000 music fans aren't gonna be buying gig tickets.

Edited by dentalplan

I'm more and more convinced they are going to do Glastonbury now.

the fact that they ruled Glastonbury out led me to buy tickets for the O2, if they hadn't ruled Glastonbury out I would have assumed they were definitely doing it and wouldn't have bought tour tickets.

So Mick denying it so decisively the other day has directly led to me spending £180 on tickets, multiply this by however many other people there are like me and him denying it so vehemently makes perfect sense financially but also means the denial could well be absolute rubbish for that reason.

Couple that with a Glastonbury shaped hole on the tour dates and I smell a massive rat....

I'm more and more convinced they are going to do Glastonbury now.

the fact that they ruled Glastonbury out led me to buy tickets for the O2, if they hadn't ruled Glastonbury out I would have assumed they were definitely doing it and wouldn't have bought tour tickets.

So Mick denying it so decisively the other day has directly led to me spending £180 on tickets, multiply this by however many other people there are like me and him denying it so vehemently makes perfect sense financially but also means the denial could well be absolute rubbish for that reason.

Couple that with a Glastonbury shaped hole on the tour dates and I smell a massive rat....

Sound of furious straw clutching :)

That's exactly why I don't think they'll do it. It would be a massive dick move to effectively tell people who got a Glasto ticket just for Fleetwood Mac to cancel it, and instead spend £150+ on tickets to one gig, only for the band to then actually turn up at Glasto.

As dental says, the reason for their 'Glasto shaped hole' is probably because a lot of the people they're targeting for tickets are currently booked to go to Glastonbury that weekend, so why put a gig on?

Could be:

• Booked but keeping it quiet to sell tickets.
  • Not booked but still in talks to do it.
  • Not booked but were in discussions which fell through only recently (hence the gap in the tour)

I don't buy the "targeting Glasto goers" explanation for the gap. If one of those dates had fallen over Glasto weekend they still would have sold them out. I still think they could sell out BST if it was over that weekend, the only reason I doubt they're playing it is because of the sheer number of other dates falling so close to it. If you were promoting BST would you take the risk?

Take That have dates either side of Glastonbury but not during Glastonbury for the same reason - it's just unwise to book for then with such a high volume of tickets to sell.

Also BST isn't necessarily Glastonbury weekend; the Swift day is but that's the only one to fall on Glastonbury weekend in three years. I still don't think it's happening with so many tickets being sold. They've sold more than the BST capacity in London already.

Take That have dates either side of Glastonbury but not during Glastonbury for the same reason - it's just unwise to book for then with such a high volume of tickets to sell.

Also BST isn't necessarily Glastonbury weekend; the Swift day is but that's the only one to fall on Glastonbury weekend in three years. I still don't think it's happening with so many tickets being sold. They've sold more than the BST capacity in London already.

*Imagines lineup day*

And the headliners are.......Foo Fighters, Fleetwood Mac & Take That. ;)

That's exactly why I don't think they'll do it. It would be a massive dick move to effectively tell people who got a Glasto ticket just for Fleetwood Mac to cancel it, and instead spend £150+ on tickets to one gig, only for the band to then actually turn up at Glasto.

As dental says, the reason for their 'Glasto shaped hole' is probably because a lot of the people they're targeting for tickets are currently booked to go to Glastonbury that weekend, so why put a gig on?

i don't think they're too concerned about being dicks, considering they're selling standing tickets for 90qid and almost all seating tickets for 120+, not to mention loads of VIP packages and Meet and Greet nonsense for hundreds of pounds.

i don't think they're too concerned about being dicks, considering they're selling standing tickets for 90qid and almost all seating tickets for 120+, not to mention loads of VIP packages and Meet and Greet nonsense for hundreds of pounds.

They're in it for the money, obviously. But I don't think they're in the business of pissing off a load of fans like that.

Mick Fleetwood's Facebook page has a glaring typo on the tour dates for the 22nd and 24th June. It says Bristol but the dates are for London. Someone has the itinerary wrong maybe they are staying in Bristol a little later than that.......

https://m.facebook.com/realmickfleetwood?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F&_rdr