FLEETWOOD MAC not doing Glastonbury 2015.

Swine_Glasto2014

The joy of Glastonbury over many festivals is the variety of stages. If you don't like a headliner, fine - go and see something else.

Usually my problem isn't who to avoid but how to fit in the clashes of people I do want to see.

• Upvote 1

The joy of Glastonbury over many festivals is the variety of stages. If you don't like a headliner, fine - go and see something else.

Usually my problem isn't who to avoid but how to fit in the clashes of people I do want to see.

I don't think it's that simple. These headliners ain't cheap. The half a million quid for each of them (or whatever) could be spent on other things, there's definitely a limited pot of cash. I can go and see something else, sure, but a significant amount of the resources are being spent on headliners. Think what that money could be doing in another field

I don't think it's that simple. These headliners ain't cheap. The half a million quid for each of them (or whatever) could be spent on other things, there's definitely a limited pot of cash. I can go and see something else, sure, but a significant amount of the resources are being spent on headliners. Think what that money could be doing in another field

...but it's always going to be spent on a headliner. that has always been the case. they're not one year gonna say 'fuck the third headliner, we'll put that money towards the Kidz Field instead'. the likes of the Stones, Bowie, Young and Springsteen can't take up every headline spot every year - there's gonna be some diversity every once in a while, and low and behold some people don't like or agree with it

yeah, I agree with that I guess. The festival has gone down the route of big expensive headliners more and more, there are pros and cons to that, as discussed endlessly on this board, but paying big bucks for headliners will definitely have an impact, it can't not. I'm all about diversity, I'd love a genuinelty leftfield headliner, I just don't know how feasible that is with the way Glastonbury is positioned.

i agree that it relies far too heavily on the 'big name' headliners, and now being the biggest / 'best' festival in the world i guess it doesn't have much choice but to honour that - a 'punt' like Arctic Monkeys, Kings Of Leon, Jay Z (all at the times of being booked) is okay once in a while, but in this competitive festival market, the big names are where it's at. booking an act like Taylor Swift to headline is probably about as left field as the festival's gonna get these days

well given that Beyonce headlined, and Swift is a bigger act than Beyonce is, it's not that surprising. Swift is one of the biggest acts in the world at the moment, far bigger than those pop acts.

having said that, the only reason that she's being rumoured is because she's playing in London that weekend, which is a pretty flimsy reason, and I seriously doubt she'll play Glastonbury.

if she did play/headline, it wouldn't bother me, there's far worse pop acts every year, plus it's another less reason to go to the Pyramid stage and avoids a clash with an act I want to see elsewhere....

She's not bigger than Beyonce though, is she? My Mum's heard of Beyonce. Pretty much everyone's heard of Beyonce. I doubt many over 40 know Taylor Swift is.

I'm sure you'll back up your claim with some numbers, but I'm still not having it. Not saying Beyonce was ever worth a headline slot or anything (imo), just that for a female pop artist to headline she'd have to be properly famous, not just a celebrity.

Edited by ltfckimbo
  • Downvote 1

I'm sure you'll back up your claim with some numbers, but I'm still not having it.

And I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those pesky facts...

just that for a female pop artist to headline she'd have to be properly famous, not just a celebrity.

That's a pretty problematic statement on a number of levels.

• Upvote 2

Who needs a pre-sale when there's plenty of tix readily available from your 'favourite' tout of course. They've only been on sale for a few hours but at a quicky looky see on 1 particular site shows several hundred almost instantly listed for resale at vastly inflated prices needless to say. Scumbags :ireful: Much as I really want to see FM, I'm not so sure that I can even be bothered wasting the time trying for tickets TBH. Might just as well accept that pre-sales various more often than not simply put so many tix straight into the hands of touts that the chance of success tomorrow or Friday is likely to be slim to non-existent :(

Who needs a pre-sale when there's plenty of tix readily available from your 'favourite' tout of course. They've only been on sale for a few hours but at a quicky looky see on 1 particular site shows several hundred almost instantly listed for resale at vastly inflated prices needless to say. Scumbags :ireful: Much as I really want to see FM, I'm not so sure that I can even be bothered wasting the time trying for tickets TBH. Might just as well accept that pre-sales various more often than not simply put so many tix straight into the hands of touts that the chance of success tomorrow or Friday is likely to be slim to non-existent :(

I've sent you a PM. I've had a bit of a mad day and may have a ticket for you!

From The Guardian

'And finally … the rumour that the Mac will be playing Glastonbury in 2015?

Not happening.'

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/nov/12/30-minutes-with-mick-fleetwood

Another one of the tours you said wouldn’t happen. And you said you’d never ask Christine (McVie) to come back ...

Bingo! She’s back.

hmmmm, maybe he doesnt mind lying!

What's the deal with tomorrow's presales then? I have the links for gigsandtours, see etc but will I need a password? Are they unique per customer?

I've done Gigs and Tours presales before and not had one, so I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

Live Nation one tomorrow as well. You might have to register beforehand though.