Der Ring 2015 (Nürburgring)

Noeliam

The article posted above suggests deflation as a possible reason for the lack of sales, or do you mean the fact the KISS have a track record of not selling tickets?

Ah alright! Don't think that's the reason, our economy is going fine. Festival market here is just totally packed and Rock am Ring + Hurricane/Southshide are well known established brands.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear fans,

first things first: Grüne Hölle Festival will take place for sure!

Some of you may have already followed the recent discussion in the media about the festival moving to a different location. Today, we paid the last artist fee for the bands that will perform at Grüne Hölle – the festival will definitely take place. Though, the festival is very likely to move to the “Arena auf Schalke”, which is about 200 km from the Nürburgring, where camping will also be possible. This is an option we are currently looking into. We will definitely let you know before Easter what the final decision on this will be.

We already sold a total of 60,000 tickets for the sister festivals Rock in Vienna and Rockavaria with the same line-up as Grüne Hölle and we’re confident that our festival will also be a success!

In case the festival will move to Schalke-Arena, you will have the following options: use your ticket to rock with us at the new location, swap your ticket – without any extra fee – for a ticket to Rockavaria in Munich or Rock in Vienna, or you can demand a refund for the ticket you bought (at the same ticket office where you bought the ticket).

We hope you understand that we might not be able to answer all your questions right now. However, we will get back to you as soon as we have some new information for you – before Easter the very latest.

Thanks for understanding,

your Grüne Hölle team

if anyone decides to move to Rock in Vienna (sonisphere stage set up so no clashes) think its there way of appeasing people who are complaining that its cost more money than the two german festivals and having less bands.

also fly to Bratislava in Slovakia as its a lot cheaper than flying to Vienna ...train or boat journey between the two is very cheap and short as well

think they are going on sale again in a week ...... need to sort out areas etc seating etc

ah didn't see the next page ..... someone beat me to it

although I do think this will be cancelled ..... unless the locals snap up tickets ...close to lots of big cities now

Edited by pryce

Doesn't bode well that when you start to type grune holle into Google the first thing that automatically pops up is "cancelled".I'm worried.

How they gunna work it with all the band's playing as well as obviously now it's doubtful they will have two stages.

Not camping,lined up a hotel seeing as its switched to a stadium gig but the city looks a bit of a ghetto so if it's gunna be cancelled we'd rather switch hotel back to Cologne as it looks a nicer area.

What's everyone's thoughts on cancellation?I have a feeling it may not ultimately happen.

Edited by metallimuse

Not camping,lined up a hotel seeing as its switched to a stadium gig but the city looks a bit of a ghetto so if it's gunna be cancelled we'd rather switch hotel back to Cologne as it looks a nicer area.

What's everyone's thoughts on cancellation?I have a feeling it may not ultimately happen.

Why don't you exchange your Grune Holle ticket for a Rockavaria ticket? You can do it for free. 3 motivs:

• Rockavaria has sold more than 35.000 tickets so it won't be cancelled for sure
  • You will enjoy the whole festival with 3 stages there in a beautiful park instead inside a stadium
  • Munich is a beautiful and cool city with lot of things to visit
Edited by johnybegood

Why don't you exchange your Grune Holle ticket for a Rockavaria ticket? You can do it for free. 3 motivs:

• Rockavaria has sold more than 35.000 tickets so it won't be cancelled for sure
  • You will enjoy the whole festival with 3 stages there

Would agree. Gelsenkirchen is not exactly ghetto, but really really ugly. (I can say that, I lived in Dortmund for the first 18 years of my life, which is around.)

<p>

• You will enjoy the whole festival with 3 stages there in a beautiful park instead inside a stadium

Can't, my friend who's going with me,his dad is taking his missus away at the same time for a holiday and we are in the same hotel so kind of tied in.

Guessing you guys think it will be cancelled?

Can't, my friend who's going with me,his dad is taking his missus away at the same time for a holiday and we are in the same hotel so kind of tied in.

Guessing you guys think it will be cancelled?

I don't think they will cancel it this year, unless ticket sales continue to be disastrous. There are four million people living in Ruhrgebiet, they must sell some.

• 2 weeks later...