Taylor Swift

Muppetmark

"The festival will take place at the newly constructed City of Rock, and it will feature all the state-of-the-art flash and pop you’d expect from Sin City. To be constructed near Circus Circus, the City will be a 33-acre, 80,000-person capacity open-air venue with five stages, including specific EDM and “indie” stages. As attendees traverse the grounds they’ll walk through “streetscapes” designed to feel like the UK, Brazil, and the USA, complete with geographically-appropriate food, shopping, and street art. There are also plans for amusement rides like a giant roulette table ferris wheel and a 400-foot zip-line which, if the mockups become reality, will take fans right in front of the main stage."

Its what BST is trying to do but on a massive budget ..so I'd say Ginger Ed could still be right.

Still think Sunday night on the Pyramid will be:

Lionel

Pharrell

Taylor

Elton

A surname-free zone, and all the better for it. Members of The National have surnames.

The Pyramid field would actually open up to allow the earth to implode on itself if this happened. I don't think even V has been that terrible for an evening!

they're all fairly easy listening acts that i imagine a lot of people (the usual Pyramid dwellers) would just stick around for (although no different than previous years i guess - Nick Cave aside), although they definitely fall a little too far on the 'pop' side of things. there usually seems to be some kind of guitar/rock act in the mix

• 2 weeks later...

Incredibly, the biggest act in the world STILL hasnt sold out even general admission for the hyde park gig.

Now officially the slowest selling gig of all time.

a bit like last year when Arcade Fire, Black Sabbath, McBusted, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, The Libertines, and Tom Jones didn't sell out last year - only Tim Minchin tickets went like hot cakes - make of that what you will!
  • Upvote 2

Probably reading too much into it but her quote of

"Everyone talks about the festivals in England being the best ones you can go to. I feel like I've been missing out - I'm really excited."

seems to possibly imply she is doing more UK festivals than just R1 Big Weekend... Whether those other one(s) would be Glasto would obviously be pure speculation.

I don't think this has changed much. She's still in England on Glastonbury weekend with Friday and Sunday free - the only bonus for us is the line mentioned above. Granted, Radio 1's Big Weekend is probably the loosest description of "festival", so maybe that does bode well. Or badly. I don't know.

Edited by Tuna

a bit like last year when Arcade Fire, Black Sabbath, McBusted, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, The Libertines, and Tom Jones didn't sell out last year - only Tim Minchin tickets went like hot cakes - make of that what you will!

Most of them were announced fairly late last year and other London dates compared to Ms. Swift mind.

I don't remember anyone mentioning Tom Jones as a headliner :P

Probably reading too much into it but her quote of

"Everyone talks about the festivals in England being the best ones you can go to. I feel like I've been missing out - I'm really excited."

seems to possibly imply she is doing more UK festivals than just R1 Big Weekend... Whether those other one(s) would be Glasto would obviously be pure speculation.

Hyde Park...

Edited by LondonTom

Today I purchased 1989 on vinyl, I know I've parted money for essentially a big CD, this will be an identical mix just plonked on wax to get money out of suckers. But I am one of those suckers, and I do not care, it feels right for me to own this record in the largest physical format available.

• Upvote 1