Jump to content

Taylor Swift


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cracking booking for the teenage girls and mentally challenged older girls!

Errr, I've played performed at Glastonbury twice before - improvised cosmic poetry in 1978 and jamming on guitar with The Cosmic Charlies in 1992 (Grateful Dead tribute band) who I went on to join as

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve even come round to Peace and Hoax now.

I don’t think there’s any low points on this album. It’s verging on a 10/10 and AOTY for me...

Peace is a great song. Hoax remains OK, but it’s not enough to drag the record down from a 10/10 imo. The record is growing on me more and more, and it’s not like I didn’t love it on first listen anyway! Felt like she hit her peak as a song writer with Lover, then she’s upped the ante even further with Folklore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea where you'd even begin with that. 

I'd struggle to not have Exile in the top 3 tbh. Dethroning All Too Well is a huge call, one I'm not quite willing to make, but it's right in there. Throwing out a top 10 I'd go:

  1. All Too Well
  2. Exile
  3. Style
  4. Long Live
  5. Getaway Car
  6. Cruel Summer
  7. Red
  8. Last Great American Dynasty
  9. Clean
  10. Wildest Dreams
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jparx said:

No idea where you'd even begin with that. 

I'd struggle to not have Exile in the top 3 tbh. Dethroning All Too Well is a huge call, one I'm not quite willing to make, but it's right in there. Throwing out a top 10 I'd go:

  1. All Too Well
  2. Exile
  3. Style
  4. Long Live
  5. Getaway Car
  6. Cruel Summer
  7. Red
  8. Last Great American Dynasty
  9. Clean
  10. Wildest Dreams

Getaway Car at 96!! Long Live at 137!! 🤔 

Like you they would both be in my top ten, but I’m not going to drive myself mad trying to compile a top ten ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Getaway Car at 96!! Long Live at 137!! 🤔 

Like you they would both be in my top ten, but I’m not going to drive myself mad trying to compile a top ten ...

Yeah, I’ve already changed my mind 😂 want to squeeze in King of My Heart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 9:09 PM, Matt42 said:

Performing Betty at the country awards so we should get a nice vid of that soon

Yep very much can’t wait for that.

Love how she’s now trying to appeal to the pop, country and indie crowds all at once. I was reading about all the different US charts she’s on at the minute for totally different genres. She’s racking up some crazy stats with this record.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff! Love how she almost cracks up before the “go fuck yourself/go straight to hell” line.

Need some damn news on shows next year. Getting the sense she’s purposefully holding off as long as possible to see what the deal is next summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Her stripped back performances with just her and the guitar or piano really are great. Love how she can vary between a big production song with a band and dancers and lots going on, but then have a section with no distractions and nothing to hide behind. Incredible voice and musician. I feel Gaga can do the same, would be chuffed with either of these for Glastonbury

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 1:43 PM, fred quimby said:

Anyone had any updates that Vinyl has been sent (From USA). I can't remember if he stated when they would be sent

I think they are being sent out in November. Ordered mine immediately before the European store version became available. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

I think they are being sent out in November. Ordered mine immediately before the European store version became available. 

Brilliant, thanks. I did the same

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno about y'all, but I'm increasingly of the opinion that Folklore is #1. Listening to it b2b with Lover, 1989 and Red and it kinda edges all of them...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I've given this another spin over the weekend along with Fleet Foxes both make quite a nice Autumnal playlist. I really like it. Cardigan and Betty are probably my stand out tracks so far. I've mostly been passive listening whilst doing other stuff and they are the ones that have made me check which track I was listening to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, since the news the other day about wanting to move over the 2020 plans to 2021, I'm hopeful this could put Taylor back in the picture. We've not really had a whiff of any plans for 2021 but I'm being optimistic that she does a run of shows next summer.

Anyway, in the spirit of trying to be excited about something, I've put together another Glastonbury setlist. It's a mix of total fantasy and what I'd consider very likely for a 2 hour set. Interested in thoughts! Quite interesting trying to mix in Folklore tunes with a typical Taylor setlist, although after many listens to the record there are definitely 4 or 5 tunes that I think could be mixed in easily. 

1. The Man
2. Blank Space
3. Cardigan
4. Style
5. Love Story
6. Cornelia Street
7. The Last Great American Dynasty
8. August
9. Lover (piano)
10. All Too Well (piano)
11. Red (acoustic)
12. Bad Blood
13. You Need to Calm Down
14. Delicate
15. London Boy
16. Getaway Car
17. Betty
18. Exile (w/ Justin)
19. Skinny Love (cover w/Justin)
20. Trouble.
Encore 
21. ...Ready For It?
22. You Belong With Me
23. ME!
24. Shake It Off

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jparx said:

Well, since the news the other day about wanting to move over the 2020 plans to 2021, I'm hopeful this could put Taylor back in the picture. We've not really had a whiff of any plans for 2021 but I'm being optimistic that she does a run of shows next summer.

Anyway, in the spirit of trying to be excited about something, I've put together another Glastonbury setlist. It's a mix of total fantasy and what I'd consider very likely for a 2 hour set. Interested in thoughts! Quite interesting trying to mix in Folklore tunes with a typical Taylor setlist, although after many listens to the record there are definitely 4 or 5 tunes that I think could be mixed in easily. 

1. The Man
2. Blank Space
3. Cardigan
4. Style
5. Love Story
6. Cornelia Street
7. The Last Great American Dynasty
8. August
9. Lover (piano)
10. All Too Well (piano)
11. Red (acoustic)
12. Bad Blood
13. You Need to Calm Down
14. Delicate
15. London Boy
16. Getaway Car
17. Betty
18. Exile (w/ Justin)
19. Skinny Love (cover w/Justin)
20. Trouble.
Encore 
21. ...Ready For It?
22. You Belong With Me
23. ME!
24. Shake It Off

I love it! But I don't think I could leave out Wildest Dreams or Out Of The Woods.

1. ME!
2.The Man
3. Cardigan
4. Style
5. Love Story
6. Wildest Dreams
7. Cornelia Street
8. August
9. Lover (piano)
10. All Too Well (piano)
11. Red (acoustic)
12. Bad Blood
13. You Need to Calm Down
14. Back Together
15. 22
16. Getaway Car
17. Betty
18. Exile (w/ Justin)
19. Blank Space
20. Trouble.
Encore 
21. ...Ready For It?
22. You Belong With Me
23. Fearless
24. Out Of The Woods
25. Shake It Off

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...