Taylor Swift

10 hours ago, jyoung said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dannyross1/2018/05/17/from-taylor-swift-to-lorde-this-woman-is-sculpting-the-sound-of-pop/

One of the magicians (alongside Jack) behind some of my fav recent records from Lana, Lorde, and of course Taylor.

Interesting read. What a dream job that is. I’m not one for the spotlight, so I’d love to be unsung hero type like that.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cracking booking for the teenage girls and mentally challenged older girls!

Errr, I've played performed at Glastonbury twice before - improvised cosmic poetry in 1978 and jamming on guitar with The Cosmic Charlies in 1992 (Grateful Dead tribute band) who I went on to join as

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, jparx said:

Interesting read. What a dream job that is. I’m not one for the spotlight, so I’d love to be unsung hero type like that.

I completely agree. What a thrill it must be to be in the studio with these musicians.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I don’t necessarily think Taylor has some incredibly special connection to Glastonbury, 

She went to the NME awards with the Eavis Family and Billy Bragg!

I also think the string of mainland Europe festival was because promoters got wind that she was in the U.K. to play Glastonbury and turned it into a wider tour. She added Euro festivals sequentially and added Mad Cool later into the process. A group of them probably issued her offers after hearing she’d agreed to play a U.K. festival in 2017. It doesn’t surprise me she’s not in a rush to reschedule them.

Edited by Matt42

So the majority of folk on this thread are loving Folklore and we've been highlighting our fave tracks. 

What's your weakest track on the album?

For me I think it has to be Mirrorball, I just can't get into it at all and end up skipping it almost every time. 

3 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

So the majority of folk on this thread are loving Folklore and we've been highlighting our fave tracks. 

What's your weakest track on the album?

For me I think it has to be Mirrorball, I just can't get into it at all and end up skipping it almost every time. 

Agreed, it is the only one I don't like

• Upvote 1

Hoax for me. Just doesn't add anything else to the album that's not already been done.

But yeah, I'd probably say Mirrorball after Hoax. Cut those 2 and it would be a pretty perfect album (not that they're bad, just don't think they add much to a long album).

Edited by PDAD
46 minutes ago, PDAD said:

Hoax for me. Just doesn't add anything else to the album that's not already been done.

But yeah, I'd probably say Mirrorball after Hoax. Cut those 2 and it would be a pretty perfect album (not that they're bad, just don't think they add much to a long album).

Yeah I'd say for me Hoax would come after Mirrorball for the weaker of the tracks.

I think peace and hoax are good tracks, but the album ends at Betty for me. 

I do like mirroball and seven but I’m definitely hanging for August and eventually Invisible String at that point. 

Mirrorball is awesome and one of my top tracks!

Hoax is the one I’d do without. It’s fine, but Peace would be a better ending I think. My Tears Ricochet hasn’t clicked for me yet either, but 14/16 is pretty good going.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Mirrorball is awesome and one of my top tracks!

Hoax is the one I’d do without. It’s fine, but Peace would be a better ending I think. My Tears Ricochet hasn’t clicked for me yet either, but 14/16 is pretty good going.

I've had My Tears Ricochet in my head all day, absolutely love it!

Fifth consecutive UK number one record for Taylor.

No number one single though, Cardigan comes in at six, Exile at eight and The 1 at ten.

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Fifth consecutive UK number one record for Taylor.

No number one single though, Cardigan comes in at six, Exile at eight and The 1 at ten.

Looking at the uk singles chart and Christ what a fucking mess. Not sure what meaning a UK #1 single even has any more? It’s mostly just forgettable social media memes that are brushed aside after a few weeks. Pretty crazy to have a run of five #1 albums though.

I read earlier that Cardigan was going to number 1 in the US?

35 minutes ago, jparx said:

Looking at the uk singles chart and Christ what a fucking mess. Not sure what meaning a UK #1 single even has any more? It’s mostly just forgettable social media memes that are brushed aside after a few weeks. Pretty crazy to have a run of five #1 albums though.

I read earlier that Cardigan was going to number 1 in the US?

Yeah the singles chart looked pretty wild I'm not going to lie. Only the fifth female artist (Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Barbra Streisand and Celine Dion) to have the run of 5 number one albums.

Folklore has sold 832k copies in the US in its first week and Cardigan is debuting at #1.

If Cardigan does indeed debut at #1 Taylor will become the first artist in history to debut #1 on the Hot100 and BB200 simultaneously

These numbers are bigger than Lover. Wow.

Edited by Matt42
3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Folklore has sold 832k copies in the US in its first week and Cardigan is debuting at #1.

These numbers are bigger than Lover. Wow.

The surprise release certainly helps things.

Not having ME! as the first single must be a good thing as well...

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

The surprise release certainly helps things.

Not having ME! as the first single must be a good thing as well...

I think the lead singles from lover hurt the initial drop of the album. I guess it’s much of a muchness though.

But yeah for her experimental album to likely be the fastest selling album of the year is mad skills. She’s an absolute machine and totally unstoppable.

So, story time because I'm drinking alone yet again lol and my friends won't listen to folklore so can't share it with them 

I had a good friend I met at a festival, she was really sweet and fun and full of energy. When we first met there was instant chemistry; like people around us thought we already knew eachother. Could we have grown to become more than just friends? Who knows.

Last year I went to visit her, and some friends came along. They went out to do their own thing but she came to the apartment to hang out. Taylor had just announced her festival tour, and we already had tickets for one of them. I told her this and she got really excited;  she's a fan and has never seen her live before. We put on a Swift playlist and danced around the room together, even got up on the bed and table. It was goofy drunken silliness but it was really fun. As I get older it seems that happiness is so elusive and transient, but that night I felt young and hopeful again. When my other friends returned, they told me I seemed like the happiest guy in the city.

Of course, that was the last time I would ever see her because earlier this year she took her own life. So listening to Swift reminds me of her and the times we spent together. Basically, this album has reduced me to an emotional wreck and I think I need to see her headline, because I'll probably cry my eyes out and maybe it'll be therapeutic 🙃

Edited by Gilgamesh69
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2