Taylor Swift

Muppetmark

She even hinted Glastonbury in a picture months earlier with a clue no one got. 

i reckon she’ll be back now, probably hype talking I don’t care. I reckon they’ll be a clue and after everything it would be mad she doesn’t. She’s releasing her album early ffs not waiting till late 21 or 22 that has to mean something and she’s not gonna ignore UK two albums on the Trot. Exclusive performance and it’ll be a party. 

6 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Reputation wants a word!!!

Ha total brain fart. 

Did she have a clean version of that record? Can’t remember. Just wondering if you can away with one use of “shit” and if the explicit content here might be a bit more?

11 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

i reckon she’ll be back now, probably hype talking I don’t care. I reckon they’ll be a clue and after everything it would be mad she doesn’t. She’s releasing her album early ffs not waiting till late 21 or 22 that has to mean something and she’s not gonna ignore UK two albums on the Trot. Exclusive performance and it’ll be a party. 

What picture was this? I'm really interested to see what I missed haha. 

3 hours ago, chazwwe said:

I mean, maybe? But lots of artists release multiple versions of the same album now to get more sales because sales of albums are lower due to streaming. 

Kanye only announced the release date of his a few weeks ago. I doubt she's moved the album date forward/back just so she could say 'yeah I beat Kanye in the sales' to a few of her friends. 

Its to tell all her fans that she beat Kanye in sales, not just friends. You did just counter the “overthinking the release” by playing the 13 game btw.  Also, making the vinyl variants only available for one week is in line with spurring sales. Theyre just taking orders and pressing that. Nobody wouldve bothered that much with the vinyl from the get go if it would be available after this week. And on top of that this is going to mess with a lot of other artists vinyl releases. You understand there are only 2 pressing plants in north america? Her label will likely overpay to get to the front of the queue. Itll be interesting to see when they are estimated to ship, likely christmas. If Run The Jewels isnt shipping theirs til september for example, how will Taylor have hers out sooner? 

4 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

What was the hint mate?

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

What was the hint mate?

It was a subtly hinted 28th of June (when she was meant to be playing) on a Christmassy type picture. I had a look but couldn’t find it... definitely happened though. 

5 hours ago, incident said:

Taylor Swift to headline Sunday night at Glastonbury 2020 ...

It's subtle, but the message is there if you look.

You’ve found it! No it must be somewhere I’ll have a look in the morning. 

Mrs P is a huge Swift fan (particularly the red / 1989 era) and stopped listening after the first three tracks, saying it seemed a bit boring and samey. It surprised me because since I've known her, the excitement levels for when new Swift tracks and albums come out has been through the roof. I must have heard her play Lover (the song) over one hundred times now, so was fully expecting the same treatment. Hopefully she can give it another go and embrace the mellow nature. 

I decided that the news of the Dessners and Bon Iver meant it was finally time to listen to her back catalogue in earnest. 

Did albums one and two yesterday evening. I'm busy this evening and most of tomorrow but should get through at least three and four on Sunday. There is some potential for this afternoon and tomorrow morning though. 

Will be early to mid next week til I reach the grand finale of folklore though. 

First listen of the album, it's alright. Id rather it have been a bit more "pop" and lacks a banger. 

I am not really into "mellow" music & I need a beat or tunes to be loud as a general rule, so a full album without doesnt really hit the spot for me.

Lyrically it's good. Illicit Affairs is the standout track to me.

Bit of a let down after Lover, which I thought was fantastic.

I appreciate she is after a different vibe on this, it's just not for me.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Only listened to Cardigan and exile, can hear The National vibes all over this, production is full and there's so much going on in the background of the tracks.

Unsure how well its going to go over with her usual crowd or sales wise, its very different feeling from her past few albums.