Muppetmark

Taylor Swift

Just now, jyoung said:

I guess she has to do some sort of stand alone show in the UK or else the die hards / younger gen will cry @ her on Twitter?!

13968917952_171b7cf07f_b.jpg

I think that's precisely it. And I don't think it's clutching at straws - it's always likely been the case!

Taylor is still the one act that matches up with every clue, the dates make sense, she's explicitly on about doing festivals, Emily talking about an equal gender split on the Pyramid etc.etc. It's FIIIIIIIIIINE!

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

I don’t know tho, she’s not returning to any place on her tour so why would she do it now and she hasn’t announced a Sweden date and lolla Stockholm is perfect for that fitting in with her Nordic dates. Just thinking aloud. 

There was that article re: the Norway gig, mentioning that Roskile and the Norway shows were the only Scandinavia shows. UK is clearly the hottest market for her in the UK, and the Swifties will be able to see her at the other festivals since they don't sell out before the lineup is released.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

There was that article re: the Norway gig, mentioning that Roskile and the Norway shows were the only Scandinavia shows. UK is clearly the hottest market for her in the UK, and the Swifties will be able to see her at the other festivals since they don't sell out before the lineup is released.

Would be strange to miss Sweden though. 

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Would be strange to miss Sweden though. 

She hasn't played Scandinavia in 9 years and she's doing two gigs there on this tour, though.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

She hasn't played Scandinavia in 9 years and she's doing two gigs there on this tour, though.

Still think it’s more convenient that detouring to Glastonbury. However the first festival your you’d expect her to do Glasto. It’s wide open. BST will be the nail in the coffin or party time.

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Still think it’s more convenient that detouring to Glastonbury. However the first festival your you’d expect her to do Glasto. It’s wide open. BST will be the nail in the coffin or party time.

We'll know either way once BST is announced. Let's hope they drop it soon!

17 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If she doesn't play, I take sole responsibility. Until I jumped on the Taylor Train, it was going smoothly

It still is going smoothly, it never hasn't been. She's 100% definitely playing, and frankly I'm angry with people bringing negativity into a thread which should solely be for celebration and anticipation.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

BST will be the nail in the coffin or party time.

Hardly. Even if they announce her as an exclusive we know that means sod all. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

May as well drop in here that the mighty @Brave Sir Robin has info Taylor is doing BST, which off her current dates looks likely to be 11/12th July. It would mean back to back gigs for the first time on the tour as Mad Cool would have to be the 8/10th either side of NOS, or the 11th the day before BST.

All eyes on that amount to see if it's exclusive. 

To be clear all I've heard is that she's had talks about doing it. Certainly nothing confirmed.

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Hardly. Even if they announce her as an exclusive we know that means sod all. 

Hmm.. Wouldn't say that's the case anymore. There was certainly a period about 6-8 years ago where exclusive claims frequently turned out to be bollocks, but I think more recently promoters have been a bit more truthful.

It was usually Live Nation who were the worst offenders - the one I remember best is Reading/Leeds claiming an exclusive on an act that had been announced to headline Boardmasters a few hours prior. Even back then, I don't recall any BST headliners with an "exclusive" tag turning up elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dramatic post but I am really worried lol.

might have been more dramatic without the lol :) 

• Upvote 1

BST makes a lot of sense. I don't think we have to worry about it being declared exclusive, the last one Taylor did sold out straight away. 

49 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

To be clear all I've heard is that she's had talks about doing it. Certainly nothing confirmed.

If you recently heard she's in talks for BST, that makes me think Glastonbury is on and BST is being discussed as an extra. She will have had a UK show booked for a while now - she won't have announced this big Lover Fest tour but still be in discussions about her UK show as late as November. 

Glastonbury is on and she's looking at BST as an extra show for her fans to attend.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

If you recently heard she's in talks for BST, that makes me think Glastonbury is on and BST is being discussed as an extra. She will have had a UK show booked for a while now - she won't have announced this big Lover Fest tour but still be in discussions about her UK show as late as November. 

Glastonbury is on and she's looking at BST as an extra show for her fans to attend.

Haha I know but BST will probably be the one that’s announced first! Which makes it worse!

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Haha I know but BST will probably be the one that’s announced first! Which makes it worse!

Dude chill! Literally nothing has changed. BST was always on the table and she will totally be doing both.

9 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I dont know who Shawn Mendes is & after hearing that version of Lover - I don't want to know.

Would you believe he’s the 2nd most streamed artist in the world?

I’ve no horse in this race but it still seems very likely to me. Been too long since a female headliner.

39 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Would you believe he’s the 2nd most streamed artist in the world?

He is proper shite from that tune. I love the proper song too. He can do one