Muppetmark

Taylor Swift

God that Lover remix is dire, it rivals JB's Bad Guy one for worst remix of the year tbh

May as well drop in here that the mighty @Brave Sir Robin has info Taylor is doing BST, which off her current dates looks likely to be 11/12th July. It would mean back to back gigs for the first time on the tour as Mad Cool would have to be the 8/10th either side of NOS, or the 11th the day before BST.

All eyes on that amount to see if it's exclusive. 

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

May as well drop in here that the mighty @Brave Sir Robin has info Taylor is doing BST, which off her current dates looks likely to be 11/12th July. It would mean back to back gigs for the first time on the tour as Mad Cool would have to be the 8/10th either side of NOS, or the 11th the day before BST.

All eyes on that amount to see if it's exclusive. 

Mad Cool - 8th July

Nos Alive - 9th July

BST - 11th July 

8CBA6660-1EBC-4AC3-9636-05A88DA9C85D.gif

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Mad Cool - 8th July

Nos Alive - 9th July

BST - 12th July 

Still think we're on Matt. If BST announcement drops and there's no mention of exclusivity, it's done.

Just now, jparx said:

Still think we're on Matt. If BST announcement drops and there's no mention of exclusivity, it's done.

I think @Brave Sir Robin is correct. The Mad Cool date is TBA. Only reason I can imagine that it is TBA is because BST is being sorted.

For peace of mind can someone give me a nice list of Glastonbury headliners that have played BST in the same year.

I guess it would also explain why Taylor has not yet been announced for Glasto.

I must admit I am a bit concerned.

F1AC3071-B5B9-4C0B-875D-53419F0AED5D.png

We always knew she was likely to be doing another UK show, and BST has always been on the table. She's doing BST as well because it gives the Swifties a chance to see her. 

It's fiiiiiiiiiiiine.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

It's fiiiiiiiiiiiine.

I actually can’t take it if she doesn’t play lol

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Mad Cool - 8th July

Nos Alive - 9th July

BST - 11th July 

Does Taylor playing on the 8th, a Wednesday, at Mad Cool seem pretty strange though? She might be the biggest headliner they have. Any other dates possible for BST? 

Either way, she's going to play Glasto.

Just now, The Martini Police said:

Does Taylor playing on the 8th, a Wednesday, at Mad Cool seem pretty strange though? She might be the biggest headliner they have. Any other dates possible for BST? 

Mad Cool are making a big deal about being a proper 4 day event next year, though. She might be on the Wednesday partly as a big marketing push, and partly because it's the only day she can actually do?

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

Might have noticed she’s on the market and lumped a good bit of money her way to get her there? Might be an oversimplification.

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

Her playing the Wednesday there makes sense to me - probably part of the decision behind bumping that up to a full festival day this year. 

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think @Brave Sir Robin is correct. The Mad Cool date is TBA. Only reason I can imagine that it is TBA is because BST is being sorted.

For peace of mind can someone give me a nice list of Glastonbury headliners that have played BST in the same year.

The Rolling Stones, Arcade Fire and The Who I think. Obviously The Who were a late booking for Glastonbury and I think Arcade Fire were announced quite late on for BST. 

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

It wouldn't be entirely unprecedented for BST to run a show midweek, they've done it before, but typically they've tended to be smaller lineups with lower capacity.

Taylor is a guaranteed sell out so a midweek might make sense.

However - a weekend booking (July 11th) would also make sense.

Edited by Matt42

Putting on a global megastar like Taylor Swift on a Wednesday night wont go down well with the Mayfair NIMBY's. 

They've done Thursday nights before (which I think is slightly different because nobody actually does anything on a Friday anymore), but that doesn't solve the back to back nights issue. 

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

Mad Cool are making a big deal about being a proper 4 day event next year, though. She might be on the Wednesday partly as a big marketing push, and partly because it's the only day she can actually do?

14 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Her playing the Wednesday there makes sense to me - probably part of the decision behind bumping that up to a full festival day this year. 

Yep, you're probably right, this does look most likely and makes sense when you put it like that. Just wondering if there was another possibility really. 

Edited by The Martini Police

Seeing both this and the headliner thread hot got me all kinds of excited but not sure what to think now...

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Seeing both this and the headliner thread hot got me all kinds of excited but not sure what to think now...

Honestly don't think it makes a difference. We knew another UK show was likely, and BST would be one of the main options. It's still on! If the Stones can do both, why can't Taylor?

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Honestly don't think it makes a difference. We knew another UK show was likely, and BST would be one of the main options. It's still on! If the Stones can do both, why can't Taylor?

I guess she has to do some sort of stand alone show in the UK or else the die hards / younger gen will cry @ her on Twitter?!

13968917952_171b7cf07f_b.jpg

Edited by jyoung

I'm not bothered about TS at Glastonbury, sorry if this comes across the wrong way but I wouldn't mind her BST show gets announced soon as UK exclusive. Just to really throw us off and put the cat amongst the pigeons and properly throw us off the headliner trail

Would feel for genuine fans wanting to see on the Pyramid though 🙂

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don’t know tho, she’s not returning to any place on her tour so why would she do it now and she hasn’t announced a Sweden date and lolla Stockholm is perfect for that fitting in with her Nordic dates which clashes with Glasto. Just thinking aloud. 

Edited by RarerThanDandyB