Taylor Swift

Muppetmark

Right ok so we all been talking about how Ed will have told Taylor about how good Glastonbury is and how she gotta do it and he'll probably join her onstage and blah blah blah and yeah it's all speculation BUT please remember that Taylor has another acquaintance who truly embodies Glastonbury and has played many times and goes as a punter and has joined Taylor on stage before. This queen could come out as a guest during Taylor's set so that she can get a look at what it looks like from the Pyramid when you headline because she's gonna do it herself one day.

1444062225_491211572_taylor-swift-charli

You love to XseeX it

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Right ok so we all been talking about how Ed will have told Taylor about how good Glastonbury is and how she gotta do it and he'll probably join her onstage and blah blah blah and yeah it's all speculation BUT please remember that Taylor has another acquaintance who truly embodies Glastonbury and has played many times and goes as a punter and has joined Taylor on stage before. This queen could come out as a guest during Taylor's set so that she can get a look at what it looks like from the Pyramid when you headline because she's gonna do it herself one day.

1444062225_491211572_taylor-swift-charli

You love to XseeX it

Yeah i mean she's gonna be there for her John Peel headline set anyway so yknow

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

All your years of education and you can't even spell "midday Pyramid". 

She does really boring sets when she plays big main stages like that. Let her headline a stage where she can really do her own thing. We don't need to see Fancy and fucking Boom Clap on the Pymild.

5 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

She does really boring sets when she plays big main stages like that. Let her headline a stage where she can really do her own thing. We don't need to see Fancy and fucking Boom Clap on the Pymild.

Boom Clap has been dropped from her touring set list now. Think Fancy has gone too. 

25 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

A. Those songs both fucking slap

B. She doesn't do them any more, her Pitchfork set yesterday was p much just a shorter version of the set she does at her shows.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

A. Those songs both fucking slap

B. She doesn't do them any more, her Pitchfork set yesterday was p much just a shorter version of the set she does at her shows.

I mean she hasn't really played any comparable gigs since the album dropped so it's hard to tell, but Pitchfork Paris is a totally different thing to Pyramid in the afternoon. I'm just going off what she's previously done for those kinds of gigs, ie. her Reading set from a few months ago.

Still, it's gonna be a better set in the JP. Lets her really do her thing. And no Fancy does not slap come on. 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

2017 was great.  I saw her do basically the same set supporting Swizzle and it didn't quite connect, but then it was to a 2/3rds empty stadium.

Also saw her supporting Swifty and thought it was okay - agree about the not connecting.  Saw her again at Reading this year and thought she had improved massively - 3pm in the afternoon and got the place jumping.

46 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Yeah I'm sure she's good in those main stage slots but the Brixton gig was incredible. Bring that to Glastonbury in all its glory, don't hold her back with the Pyramid slot.

(is there a Charli thread? should we have one?)

Hey how did you get into a Charli XCX gig? Strictly no dweebos allowed

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

Yeah I'm sure she's good in those main stage slots but the Brixton gig was incredible. Bring that to Glastonbury in all its glory, don't hold her back with the Pyramid slot.

Agree with that - I reckon she would be so much better in a smaller setting.  Saw her in Croke Park and in Reading which are both large venues but would love to see her current tour.  Unfortunately no dates in Ireland ☹️

44 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, we need a proper Charli thread

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

19 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Def need a thread - do the honours Mash

Drumroll...

It already exists...