Taylor Swift

Muppetmark

Comeback gig overnight.. no new material but she's started playing stuff from Red and Speak Now and Fearless again by the looks of things, including Holy Ground which is probably in my top three songs of hers, so that's fairly splendid http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/taylor-swift/2016/super-stage-circuit-of-the-americas-austin-tx-33fab869.html

Edited by Zac Quinn
  • Upvote 1

What do people think the reaction would be if she's announced for Sunday? I mean, there's negative reaction whoever they announce these days, but would TayTay see the same kind of aggression Kanye did? 

Personally I have my fingers crossed. Taylor, Madonna or Beyoncé would be amazing. Probably in that order, too. 

• Upvote 1

Saw Swift at BST in 15. Three star gig. Production values for a pop show were pretty strong but lost effect in evening sunlight quite often. She had a great pair of pipes on her - but only used them 60% of the time and mimed for thirty. 10% Mime is my acceptable limit. 

As for the other 10%? Aggravating speeches about finding your true self that weren't helped by her continuous reference to herself as an icon and the various video inserts of her "squad" saying how good she was. 

I'm a big fan of her music - 1989 was one of my albums of the year - but she'd be a damn sight better live if she stripped away the pop show and gave it a straight up rock show style. Her songs, like Gaga, would suit it - an all killer, no filler show in one outfit, to show off her voice and songwriting chops rather than a dancing miming cop out.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

What do people think the reaction would be if she's announced for Sunday? I mean, there's negative reaction whoever they announce these days, but would TayTay see the same kind of aggression Kanye did? 

Personally I have my fingers crossed. Taylor, Madonna or Beyoncé would be amazing. Probably in that order, too. 

The reaction will be worse than Adele, but better than Kanye IMO.

My reaction will be the same as Kanye. Good booking. Not for me though.

Hope you enjoy yourselves, Ill be somewhere else.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Saw Swift at BST in 15. Three star gig. Production values for a pop show were pretty strong but lost effect in evening sunlight quite often. She had a great pair of pipes on her - but only used them 60% of the time and mimed for thirty. 10% Mime is my acceptable limit. 

As for the other 10%? Aggravating speeches about finding your true self that weren't helped by her continuous reference to herself as an icon and the various video inserts of her "squad" saying how good she was. 

I'm a big fan of her music - 1989 was one of my albums of the year - but she'd be a damn sight better live if she stripped away the pop show and gave it a straight up rock show style. Her songs, like Gaga, would suit it - an all killer, no filler show in one outfit, to show off her voice and songwriting chops rather than a dancing miming cop out.

Tbf though for a pop act these days 60% true singing it probably very good.

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The reaction will be worse than Adele, but better than Kanye IMO.

My reaction will be the same as Kanye. Good booking. Not for me though.

Hope you enjoy yourselves, Ill be somewhere else.

What gives you the idea that Adele was a bad reception?, except for on here which is a minute % of the people and anyone other than RH would have pissed people off!

You could not move once in position for Adele's entire set!

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What gives you the idea that Adele was a bad reception?, except for on here which is a minute % of the people and anyone other than RH would have pissed people off!

He said reactions, not reception. And the reaction was negative.

Folk that went ended up enjoying it apparently. 

I still couldn't imagine anything worse. 

22 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

11 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yeah, I mean pre festival reactions to the news she was headlining.

29 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I don't think it was as negative as is being made out here, if that was the case then it wouldn't have been the turn out it was....you have to at least have been interested and not dead against it to go. The reaction on here was shit yes.

7 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Comeback gig overnight.. no new material but she's started playing stuff from Red and Speak Now and Fearless again by the looks of things, including Holy Ground which is probably in my top three songs of hers, so that's fairly splendid http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/taylor-swift/2016/super-stage-circuit-of-the-americas-austin-tx-33fab869.html

OMG I would love that setlist. Enchanted/Wildest Dreams sounds incredible. Literally the only thing I would change to make it a dream setlist is bin off Holy Ground and the Calvin Harris cover (btw, a Calvin Harris cover, WOT?!?!?!?) and replace them with Red and Mean. Fifteen could also be replaced by The Best Day if she wants to do an acoustic version of a song from Speak Now that really hits the feels. But it looks amazing, are there any pics? I want to know if she's back on guitar.

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

As you say, every headliner gets negative reactions. While they've been well received on this forum due to the obsessives and everyone else having been worn down by said obsessives, go to facebook, twitter, etc, and there's plenty of "who the fuck are radiohead and why can't we have someone like adele again" type comments.

The reaction to Taylor Swift would be no different to Adele - complaints from some - probably louder on here than elsewhere. But the racism that caused most of the Kanye complaints wouldn't apply.

I reckon there'd a be a bit of controversy outside here if she was booked, she's seen as less of a "proper music" choice than Adele. There's a weird trend of people accusing her of not writing her own songs (which doesn't really matter anyway) even though she does and there's no grounds for thinking she doesn't. Because she's more outright pop than Adele and got big while she was very young, some people have a compulsive need to see her as a manufactured act because in their minds that would justify their dislike of her. I remember Reggie Watts telling a joke about her at Latitude this year, the punchline of which was something relating to "making out she's all female empowerment, singing those songs other men wrote for her" and it got the biggest cheer of his set, which I thought was more than a little sexist.

13 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

OMG I would love that setlist. Enchanted/Wildest Dreams sounds incredible. Literally the only thing I would change to make it a dream setlist is bin off Holy Ground and the Calvin Harris cover (btw, a Calvin Harris cover, WOT?!?!?!?) and replace them with Red and Mean. Fifteen could also be replaced by The Best Day if she wants to do an acoustic version of a song from Speak Now that really hits the feels. But it looks amazing, are there any pics? I want to know if she's back on guitar.

There's videos all over twitter and that, apparently she said she played the older songs as a celebration of tomorrow marking a decade since she put out her first record but hopefully she'll keep them in even when she's back up and running properly. The 1989 World Tour setlist was a mess for abandoning all her old stuff, even You Belong With Me :wacko: The 'Calvin cover' was in fact only a snippet and she had a smirk on her face so I think it was for banter rather than something that'll become be a permanent fixture :lol:

Edited by Zac Quinn

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

She wrote that Calvin Harris song - there was a big public spat about it.

Give me a setlist of...

1. Welcome to New York
2. 22
3. Blank Space 
4. Fifteen
5. Style
6. I Knew You Were Trouble
7. White Horse
8. Mean
9. You Belong With Me
10. Sparks Fly
11. Everything Has Changed
12. Wildest Dreams
13. Love Story
14. Holy Ground
15. Enchanted
16. Bad Blood
17. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
18. Out of the Woods

19. Shake It Off
20. ***new single***

And a large bottle of rum. We shall party on the Pyramid.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

She wrote that Calvin Harris song - there was a big public spat about it.

Give me a setlist of...

1. Welcome to New York
2. 22
3. Blank Space 
4. Fifteen
5. Style
6. I Knew You Were Trouble
7. White Horse
8. Mean
9. You Belong With Me
10. Sparks Fly
11. Everything Has Changed
12. Wildest Dreams
13. Love Story
14. Holy Ground
15. Enchanted
16. Bad Blood
17. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
18. Out of the Woods

19. Shake It Off
20. ***new single***

And a large bottle of rum. We shall party on the Pyramid.

Excellent work. Take an upvote for your efforts.

Edit: Waitaminnit, no Red!?

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Excellent work. Take an upvote for your efforts.

Edit: Waitaminnit, no Red!?

A second bottle of run for the upvote!

Ah, I'm agonising over the picks there... I really would rather have Red over Holy Ground, I'd guess, or possibly even Fifteen. But I feel I've nailed a realistic one there.

Tbh, Would see Red done in its entirety for fifth anniversary, followed by another greatest hits set :D 

Just now, DownboundTrain52 said:

A second bottle of run for the upvote!

Ah, I'm agonising over the picks there... I really would rather have Red over Holy Ground, I'd guess, or possibly even Fifteen. But I feel I've nailed a realistic one there.

Tbh, Would see Red done in its entirety for fifth anniversary, followed by another greatest hits set :D 

Red is my favourite Taylor song, so I have to insist that stays no matter what, it's maybe even more important than the rum (which could actually be substituted for tequila).

Personally, I'm having this;

1. Sparks Fly
2. Style
3. 22
4. Bad Blood
5. Out Of The Woods
6. You Belong With Me
7. Mean
8. New Romantics
9. Wildest Dreams
10. All Too Well
11. Love Story
12. I Knew You Were Trouble
13. Mine
14. Red
15. Blank Space
Enorce:
1. Tim McGraw
2. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
3. Shake It Off

If time and a non-partisan crowd weren't an issue I'd be throwing these lads in on top: How You Get The Girl, You Are In Love, State Of Grace, Clean, Begin Again, Everything Has Changed, Ours, Enchanted, The Best Day, Picture To Burn, Mary's Song, I'm Only Me When I'm With You, Today Was A Fairytale and American Girl cover .

1. State of Grace
  3. 22
  4. Blank Space
  5. *new song*
  6. Holy Ground
  7. Style
  8. All You Had To Do Was Stay
  9. *new song*
  10. Mine
  11. *new song*
  12. Starlight
  13. You Belong With me
  14. Everything Has Changed including guest appearance from Ed Sheeran
  15. All Too Well
  16. *acoustic cover of Prince or Bowie to make up for the fact she wasn't touring to do one in 2016*
  17. Teardrops On My Guitar *preferably including a recreation of that weird cuddling of a guitar in the video*
  18. Mean
  19. Sparks Fly
  20. Red
  21. Better Than Revenge
  22. Shake It Off

Encore:

1. I Knew You Were Trouble
  2. Love Story
  3. Bad Blood including guest appearance from Kendrick Lamar
  4. *lead banger off album six*
  5. Long Live

The sub would probably be rubbish anyway so let's sack off the idea of having one in order to fit in all 27 of the above, please and thank you

Edited by Zac Quinn
goddamnit I forgot 22 :(

17 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Red is my favourite Taylor song, so I have to insist that stays no matter what, it's maybe even more important than the rum (which could actually be substituted for tequila).

Personally, I'm having this;

1. Sparks Fly
2. Style
3. 22
4. Bad Blood
5. Out Of The Woods
6. You Belong With Me
7. Mean
8. New Romantics
9. Wildest Dreams
10. All Too Well
11. Love Story
12. I Knew You Were Trouble
13. Mine
14. Red
15. Blank Space
Enorce:
1. Tim McGraw
3. Shake It Off

If time and a non-partisan crowd weren't an issue I'd be throwing these lads in on top: How You Get The Girl, You Are In Love, State Of Grace, Clean, Begin Again, Everything Has Changed, Ours, Enchanted, The Best Day, Picture To Burn, Mary's Song, I'm Only Me When I'm With You, Today Was A Fairytale and American Girl cover .

*nods sagely* tequila it is then. I'd love This Love, done in a version closer to the Ryan Adams cover tbh. Too many bangers!

1  All Too Well

2   Style

3   Sparks Fly

4   Back To December

5   Blank Space

6   Welcome To New York

7  Tim McGraw/Fifteen/Everything Has Changed (Acoustic medley)

8  Red

9  New Romantics

10  Enchanted

11  Last Kiss/You Are In Love (medley)

12 Love Story

13  We Are Never Getting Back Together

14 Shake It Off

Encores

1  You Belong With Me

2  Clean (abridged) > Wildest Dreams

3 Long Live