2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

It all just feels a bit weird right now and I can’t say the news from Europe and America of US acts pulling their tours has put me in the best mood. Feels like we’re still being held down by this pandemic in a pretty disappointing way.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

It all just feels a bit weird right now and I can’t say the news from Europe and America of US acts pulling their tours has put me in the best mood. Feels like we’re still being held down by this pandemic in a pretty disappointing way.

lets hope in a few weeks , we start seeing more positive news with those that have held off cancellation getting rewards .... dont forget  everyone is now desperate to tour( at some point)  having put things on hold .... so even with some cancellations there will be excess numbers wanting to Tour ... they just need to hold nerve a little longer 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You're not alone.  Wouldn't surprise me to see the final poster drop being some way different from the first edition when that lands. 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

lets hope in a few weeks , we start seeing more positive news with those that have held off cancellation getting rewards .... dont forget  everyone is now desperate to tour( at some point)  having put things on hold .... so even with some cancellations there will be excess numbers wanting to Tour ... they just need to hold nerve a little longer 

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

You're not alone.  Wouldn't surprise me to see the final poster drop being some way different from the first edition when that lands. 

I hope I don’t have egg on my face but we are going to be in such a good position by the summer. Think how bad things were in early 2021 and how quickly it all turned around. I just hope that people can see it in hindsight of last year.

I do feel confident though that Glastonbury will go ahead regardless. The Government absolutely does not want another cancelled summer and I think the only roadblocks to the festival now are whether acts still feel confident about their tours.

Edited by Matt42

There's a point at which the major touring acts have to book things though. The logistics can't wait, the wheels have to start being put into motion around the end of this month.

But the positive thing is that we seem pretty confident that there WILL be a festival after three years. Whether it's headlined by Paul McCartney or Pete Tong feels like minor detail at this point. So, at the risk of sounding like a farmshagger, I'm not moist-eyed about the festival maybe not having the biggest of the biggest names. Doesn't have to be about that. The moments will happen anyway

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

There's a point at which the major touring acts have to book things though. The logistics can't wait, the wheels have to start being put into motion around the end of this month.

But the positive thing is that we seem pretty confident that there WILL be a festival after three years. Whether it's headlined by Paul McCartney or Pete Tong feels like minor detail at this point. So, at the risk of sounding like a farmshagger, I'm not moist-eyed about the festival maybe not having the biggest of the biggest names. Doesn't have to be about that. The moments will happen anyway

There will still be big names I’m sure. And I think some US acts will still be coming. I think it’s the ones with extreme country hopping we have to be concerned about. 

Diana etc who will be in the UK the weeks before the festival (as will Billie) I don’t think will be a problem at all. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

From this list - not taking into account the potential of some acts still with dates TBA I’d say Glasto probably have Adele, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Foo Fighters, Guns N Roses as their call backups before they would sink to Flo or Foals. Imagine a band subbing TRNSMT headlining Glasto in 2022. Y’all just sound like Twitter stans.

Adele’s exclusivity is unconvincing (but because people here don’t want her to play they read it as a hard contract), Coldplay (while being a really naff option, haven’t really ruled themselves out at all), Foo Fighters probably have asked to play the festival already, Ed Sheeran (while being the worst option of them all would probably step in even if it meant multiple days in a row), Guns N Roses is a nice option but I think if Glasto is seriously stuck and the Bruce thing is something indicative of the summer we are looking at, the final two headliners will be British ones.

They do have substantial British options. Even if they are not efests approved.

Not wanting an act to play, and noting that 2 festivals/1 album since an act last headlined, is completely different. Besides I thought Adele was subbing?

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

its always been known this will be the worst phase out of xmas .... im optomistic that things will be better ... keep the faith ... some tours will go ... others will replace them .... think of all the great domestic acts that might get a lift up ... 

I do wonder if we’ll get a lot more last min pull outs this time. 

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No matter how bad a thread gets. The worst posts are people commenting on the state of the thread in question.

And I include this one in that too.

Utter shit.

I dunno, a couple of pages of Matt going “I’m thinking of a band…” represents a new low for this thread.

• Upvote 7

56 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Agreed with all of this! Glastonbury is about so much more than the big acts, I'll be happy as long as there's a festival to go to!

49 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’m listening to Loud Places on my dog walk and just decided to scroll through Twitter.  Whoever is Glastobation Has just posted it too.  Im taking this as a sign and saying that The XX should headline next year

Also just seen that, what a clip. Took a back to a good moment. Please God get us in that field in June