2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

10 hours ago, zahidf said:

In April?

It could be true but America don't really give a crap about covud anymore. I guess they could he wetting the bed like the strokes maybe did over their NYE gig 

I mean… that’s just not true, is it? 

Granted I’m not from America am only going off what I see on socials etc, but seems to me that COVID is very much still a big deal there, but unlike the U.K. where the anti vaxxers are a minority, it’s basically split between political lines over there so half the country have decided to continue ignoring the pandemic much like they did at the beginning. Go to somewhere like New York and it’s being taken incredibly seriously with everybody masking up outside - go to Florida and you’d never know there was a pandemic (apart from the hospitals full of sick and dead people). 

ANYWAY, Rage being out would suck but they very much seem like the kind of band who take this shit seriously so doesn’t really surprise me that they’d not want to play unless they felt it was totally safe for them to do so. Hopefully they can still make it over here for Reading and Leeds later in the year. Interested to see who Coachella get to replace them. Apparently the announcement has been moved to Wednesday/Thursday now due to some more lineup tinkering. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Assuming the Coachella announcement didn't happen then.

If you are following the Inforoo rumours it’s taken a crazy turn. If you’re not following this step by step you are seriously missing out. If you think Glasto rumours are crazy here is a summary.

An reputable insider says that Billie and Ye are in, but they were booked very recently (potentially in the past few days).

Rage are apparently out due to omicron concerns. They’ve been given until the end of the day to confirm if they are in. 

If rage go and this info is true it means Coachella have booked all three headliners a matter of days before the poster drops. Its been 2 years since the last festival what the fuck have they been doing?

Although it is semi genius. Your headliners can’t leak if you book them the day the poster is meant to be out. Maybe Glastonbury should take a leaf out of this book.

E9D247EC-6B5B-41A2-8D17-58A6DBA1EB5B.jpeg

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If rage go and this info is true it means Coachella have booked all three headliners a matter of days before the poster drops. Its been 2 years since the last festival what the fuck have they been doing?

Or, their headliners have only been willing to confirm a matter of days before the poster drops. It would make sense for acts to leave confirmations as late as possible to be as certain as they can be about how the future might look. 

Glastonbury doesn’t technically need to confirm headliners right up until the festival itself, because it sold out before anyone was announced. I wonder if that might mean we’ll see a trio unlike any other festival next June, given they have the luxury of waiting (and have high quality Friends of the Festival for fallbacks). 

It would be wonderfully frustrating to have a poster released with multiple headliner positions TBC. 

Edited by kalifire

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Or, their headliners have only been willing to confirm a matter of days before the poster drops. It would make sense for acts to leave confirmations as late as possible to be as certain as they can be about how the future might look. 

Glastonbury doesn’t technically need to confirm headliners right up until the festival itself, because it sold out before anyone was announced. I wonder if that might mean we’ll see a trio unlike any other festival next June, given they have the luxury of waiting (and have high quality Friends of the Festival for fallbacks). 

It would be wonderfully frustrating to have a poster released with multiple headliner positions TBC. 

I am amping it up a bit for comedic purposes but I enjoy the idea of Coachella HQ’s office having a hectic Christmas due to 0 headliners being booked a few days before the scheduled poster drop. Livin life on the edge. It’s how I imagine Ye would book a festival.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Granted I’m not from America am only going off what I see on socials etc, but seems to me that COVID is very much still a big deal there, but unlike the U.K. where the anti vaxxers are a minority, it’s basically split between political lines over there so half the country have decided to continue ignoring the pandemic much like they did at the beginning. Go to somewhere like New York and it’s being taken incredibly seriously with everybody masking up outside - go to Florida and you’d never know there was a pandemic (apart from the hospitals full of sick and dead people). 

ANYWAY, Rage being out would suck but they very much seem like the kind of band who take this shit seriously so doesn’t really surprise me that they’d not want to play unless they felt it was totally safe for them to do so. Hopefully they can still make it over here for Reading and Leeds later in the year. Interested to see who Coachella get to replace them. Apparently the announcement has been moved to Wednesday/Thursday now due to some more lineup tinkering. 

I was in Florida in November and no one cared about Covid, it was only the Disney parks where you had to wear your masks inside. No masks wearing in superstores.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Covid is a big deal an in itself but many people have never really given a shit. I met multi Americans I still converse with while in Oz and it didn't stop them doing what they wanted 

Enjoy the status update from the industry website that isnt supposed to be believed because nobody outside of the u.s. has heard of it.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=329738&title=COACHELLA-HEADLINERS%3A-WHO'S-UP%3F

With the announcement of Coachella’s lineup expected imminently, the biz is abuzz once more about which acts will be topping the bill. Word has it that erstwhile headliner Rage Against the Machine has dropped out, throwing a new wrench into the works.

Frank Ocean has postponed until 2023, and with Travis Scott having become uninsurable after the ASTROWORLD tragedy, the top of the bill has been in disarray—especially given the necessity of replacing Scott on Sunday with a big name. Both Swedish House Mafia and Billie Eilish are said to have been confirmed as headliners, though neither has been officially announced. SHM is thought to be a weak headliner by many observers, and there has been some chatter about replacing it as well.

The top names for Paul Tollett’s desert fest—scheduled for 4/15-17 and 4/22-24, unless COVID says otherwise—remain the subject of wild speculation. Stay tuned.

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Enjoy the status update from the industry website that isnt supposed to be believed because nobody outside of the u.s. has heard of it.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=329738&title=COACHELLA-HEADLINERS%3A-WHO'S-UP%3F

It's good for eFestivals to get more of a perspective from stateside, personally I'm often really interested in much of what you have to say/post but maybe the information you share should be done with less of a chip on your shoulder? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

@Suprefan it might be worthwhile investing in Read The Room classes.

A quick scroll shows you're jibed fairly frequently on the Inforoo forums, and your posts are so reviled on the Coachella Reddit they're often hidden due to negative scores — particularly those about Kanye/rap/young people, which chimes with how badly everything you spouted about Astroworld came across.

You wade onto eFests most evenings with a storm cloud over your head, fire off some pass-agg posts, rub people the wrong way and then rut about how we all supposedly hate Americans.

Being totally honest, I don't really know what you get out of posting on a Glasto forum. It might do wonders for your blood pressure to just...not?

You’re wasting your time - they obviously don’t give a shit about their reputation or anyone else

Edited by henry bear

9 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Springsteen European Tour looks like its off for 2022 with ongoing Covid uncertainty. Only rumours (which is all the proposed dates ever were really), but being widely quoted across the Bruce forums.

This is starting to feel a bit familiar 

18 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Springsteen European Tour looks like its off for 2022 with ongoing Covid uncertainty. Only rumours (which is all the proposed dates ever were really), but being widely quoted across the Bruce forums.

They need most of Europe to be open for mass events i guess, as well as the fact that the band is on the... older side

Maybe Bruce will do is solo show instead?

21 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

The shows weren’t just rumours, there were poster leaks in Germany and a Dutch show was publicly approved by council one week ago today. It is feasible, if not likely, that they’ve been canned but from my experience of reading those Bruce forums… yeah, I wouldn’t take it as gospel just yet.

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They need most of Europe to be open for mass events i guess, as well as the fact that the band is on the... older side

Maybe Bruce will do is solo show instead?

No chance of him touring Europe solo. If someone didn’t want to tour he’d just replace them. The issue would have to be that he, the irreplaceable one, does not feel it’s safe.