Jump to content

Electronica/Dance


bennyhana22

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Green Croc said:

I thought Marshall Jefferson on the Thursday was a lot of fun as well as the second half of Camelphat.

Overmono at iicon Friday night was great and stumbled across Artwork on Lonely Hearts Club Saturday night which was really fun.

Sunday night I managed to get into NYC Downlow, no idea who was playing in any of the rooms but it was absolutely class in there, highly recommend making an effort to get in there if you haven't yet

Got Marshall Jefferson marked for seeing at Beatherder.  Hoping for a fun set there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Isaact said:

Girl in the hoody is making me feel high just watching.

Hahaha, I had a moment where I imagined a similar video of myself doing the rounds and I’ve deleted it - not fair to have that online when you’re just having fun in SE Corner. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just absolutely unreal every night. As good a year for electronic music as I've ever seen at Glastonbury.

Pretty much just hit Block9 every night apart from the Sunday where I watched Haai and Job Jobse at San Remo after Kendrick before heading over to The Temple for Batu all of which was fantastic.

SASS (peach b2b moxie b2b saoirse b2b shanti celeste) on the Friday was 10/10 insane. Stayed for all 6 hours and the rainbow over the downlow opposite as it ended was just perfect.

My Saturday night of a bit of Todd Edwards in the Downlow into OK Williams on Genosys into Pangaea b2b Pariah on IICON into moxie and peach's RnB set in Maceo's was sublime too.

Also thought Silver Hayes was improved this year, and really enjoyed dipping into the WOW stage in particular during the days in between acts on the bigger stages. Managed to catch a bit of Chaos in the CBD and then Leon Vynehall in the Sunday daytime before heading to the Pyramid to get a good spot for Kendrick and both were brilliant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2022 at 7:42 PM, TaylorT said:

So many great times at various DJ sets across the weekend but what happened to Solomun. Bloody Michael Bibi turned up. I was absolutely fuming 😭

I didn't turn up to Solomon on the inkling that he wouldn't show. With his packed schedule & Ibiza residency it seemed a very strange booking to make tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, vigo said:

Just absolutely unreal every night. As good a year for electronic music as I've ever seen at Glastonbury.

Pretty much just hit Block9 every night apart from the Sunday where I watched Haai and Job Jobse at San Remo after Kendrick before heading over to The Temple for Batu all of which was fantastic.

SASS (peach b2b moxie b2b saoirse b2b shanti celeste) on the Friday was 10/10 insane. Stayed for all 6 hours and the rainbow over the downlow opposite as it ended was just perfect.

My Saturday night of a bit of Todd Edwards in the Downlow into OK Williams on Genosys into Pangaea b2b Pariah on IICON into moxie and peach's RnB set in Maceo's was sublime too.

Also thought Silver Hayes was improved this year, and really enjoyed dipping into the WOW stage in particular during the days in between acts on the bigger stages. Managed to catch a bit of Chaos in the CBD and then Leon Vynehall in the Sunday daytime before heading to the Pyramid to get a good spot for Kendrick and both were brilliant.

This x 100. Mentioned it about 50 times in various threads and Whatsapp groups now but just, FUCKING HELL. 

https://djpooch.bandcamp.com/track/sexy-lady-feat-de-legal - As soon as I hear this I'm transported straight back to the very peak of it. 

 

Edited by Zacko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all, couldn't be arsed to make a new thread but how did people find the Gas Tower this year? 

Every single DJ I tried to see I couldn't get even inside the first set of speakers and I couldn't see the usual pockets of space I would see at other stages. Is there an easy way to get through besides just getting there early and hanging about? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, GmasterWomble said:

Hi all, couldn't be arsed to make a new thread but how did people find the Gas Tower this year? 

Every single DJ I tried to see I couldn't get even inside the first set of speakers and I couldn't see the usual pockets of space I would see at other stages. Is there an easy way to get through besides just getting there early and hanging about? 

It was so unbelievably rammed wasn't it? Sunday morning in there felt borderline dangerous at times.

Haven't been since 2017 but I much preferred the old setup, it almost felt like this year the stage area was so big that it just attracted everyone because it seemed an obvious place to go (but without the capacity to meet this demand).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Got Marshall Jefferson marked for seeing at Beatherder.  Hoping for a fun set there. 

Would be interested to know your thoughts on BH. We have been to most of them and worked quite a few but kind of drifted away from in recent years. 

Let me know how you find it vibe wise?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any of you E&D people heading to Noisily next week? 

I'm so buzzing for this now. 

It's a thing of bloody techno forest beauty.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

G22 E/D Review

I liked the new Silver Hayes to a certain extent, I agree that Sonic should turn into a silent Disco from 1:00 - 5:00. Logistically a bit nightmare-ish, but think it's needed.

The soundbleed from Firmly Rooted >< Lonely Hearts Club was a bit rough if you didn't get up close to either of them.

Sounds like a few of you had a good time at WOW, I thought the sound was a bit bad? It sounded better outside the tent for Giant Swan than it did inside... Feel like the sound bounces in some strange ways in there. 

Thought it was hilarious that LHC had better screens than The Park. Watching Wet Leg & Conman after LHC I was like, wait this is worse. 

IICON might be the perfect size now, sorry couldn't meet for Overmono, phone died. Was right up front with a weird geezer with a feather duster. Hilarious time. Got there early straight after Simz & it was empty until the last 15" of Midland & slowly filled up. 

I didn't like that they weren't transparent about Genosys getting mouldy, as I felt it was advertised as if the bus was meant to be better, which in my opinion it was not. It was ok, but I like 3D mapping & was left missing. Just feel like I didn't give it a chance, because I was under the wrong impression that they actively decided that the Bus was an improvement over Genosys.

I finally did it! I got in the Downlow. Got there at 21:00 & was in around 22:22, probably the best way to get in, any later & that queue looked insane. It was all I hoped it would be. Kinda wish I took a pic as clearly others did, but also enjoy the secretive nature of it. No phones in 1982 😉 Gimp suit dancing on the bar is a highlight. 

Hopefully doesn't get me kicked out of this thread 😂 ... But the gf wanted to see Calvin... So we did... It was actually pretty fun. Sounded like not everyone had great sound, but we were on the outer circle, with the repeater speakers behind us & no complaints tbh. Watched end of Kurupt FM > Four Tet > Calvin. Crowd wasn't too aggy or crazy busy near us, but we did go like all around to the back, near the tent where the performers come in from & even had some good space during Calvin. 

Not a fan of the new Gas Tower as a visual nerd, felt like the magic of the 360 was gone. Also insane how much busier it was this year. Glad they expanded it, but hope it evolves to include more screens. Sad Solomun didn't show, was almost tempted to walk past at 5:00 to see if he made it, but legs said otherwise.

Station 23 was pretty cool hope it can stay, only spent half an hour there on thursday, but very shangri-la. Didn't explore the upstairs / tube carriage bit. 

Was meant to spend my Sunday night at San Remo, but we got back to the tent to get changed & rest for 20"... & then just called it. Shocked we slept through the noise, but by then 5 days of 40k steps just got to us. From what I saw San Remo seemed ok, but Beat Hotel had better charm imo. Loved those steps & was hoping they'd be back. 

I understand nobody had any money & the fact they pulled anything together is a miracle for some of the teams. Was just amazing to be back. Roll on 23. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I though the new Glade area layout really works. The woods bit is like it used to be, you can look up and wee the trees and sunset etc. Perfect. And the main Glade stage has a great vibe for something so big. As long as your not in-between them there's no a huge sound bleed. 

I also love the new Spike bar. I don't miss having music here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We were in the Glade Dome after the Pet Shop Boys for a few hours getting messy to some old stool trance and it was absolutely the same as always.

Me too! 😃 Great way to close out the festival. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

G22 E/D Review

I liked the new Silver Hayes to a certain extent, I agree that Sonic should turn into a silent Disco from 1:00 - 5:00. Logistically a bit nightmare-ish, but think it's needed.

The soundbleed from Firmly Rooted >< Lonely Hearts Club was a bit rough if you didn't get up close to either of them.

Sounds like a few of you had a good time at WOW, I thought the sound was a bit bad? It sounded better outside the tent for Giant Swan than it did inside... Feel like the sound bounces in some strange ways in there. 

Thought it was hilarious that LHC had better screens than The Park. Watching Wet Leg & Conman after LHC I was like, wait this is worse. 

IICON might be the perfect size now, sorry couldn't meet for Overmono, phone died. Was right up front with a weird geezer with a feather duster. Hilarious time. Got there early straight after Simz & it was empty until the last 15" of Midland & slowly filled up. 

I didn't like that they weren't transparent about Genosys getting mouldy, as I felt it was advertised as if the bus was meant to be better, which in my opinion it was not. It was ok, but I like 3D mapping & was left missing. Just feel like I didn't give it a chance, because I was under the wrong impression that they actively decided that the Bus was an improvement over Genosys.

I finally did it! I got in the Downlow. Got there at 21:00 & was in around 22:22, probably the best way to get in, any later & that queue looked insane. It was all I hoped it would be. Kinda wish I took a pic as clearly others did, but also enjoy the secretive nature of it. No phones in 1982 😉 Gimp suit dancing on the bar is a highlight. 

Hopefully doesn't get me kicked out of this thread 😂 ... But the gf wanted to see Calvin... So we did... It was actually pretty fun. Sounded like not everyone had great sound, but we were on the outer circle, with the repeater speakers behind us & no complaints tbh. Watched end of Kurupt FM > Four Tet > Calvin. Crowd wasn't too aggy or crazy busy near us, but we did go like all around to the back, near the tent where the performers come in from & even had some good space during Calvin. 

Not a fan of the new Gas Tower as a visual nerd, felt like the magic of the 360 was gone. Also insane how much busier it was this year. Glad they expanded it, but hope it evolves to include more screens. Sad Solomun didn't show, was almost tempted to walk past at 5:00 to see if he made it, but legs said otherwise.

Station 23 was pretty cool hope it can stay, only spent half an hour there on thursday, but very shangri-la. Didn't explore the upstairs / tube carriage bit. 

Was meant to spend my Sunday night at San Remo, but we got back to the tent to get changed & rest for 20"... & then just called it. Shocked we slept through the noise, but by then 5 days of 40k steps just got to us. From what I saw San Remo seemed ok, but Beat Hotel had better charm imo. Loved those steps & was hoping they'd be back. 

I understand nobody had any money & the fact they pulled anything together is a miracle for some of the teams. Was just amazing to be back. Roll on 23. 

I had a lot of fun at the Calvin set tbh. It was a bit of a shame he didn't mix it up compared to his usual stuff (sounded basically identical to his Big Weekend set) but I can't lie, screaming One Kiss and Slide etc with all my mates as I was floating in space after Four Tet was a bloody riot. Then straight off to Shangs after. 

Mate who was working Arcadia all weekend also said Calvin was proper sound and DJ'd backstage after too. We like to see it! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We were in the Glade Dome after the Pet Shop Boys for a few hours getting messy to some old stool trance and it was absolutely the same as always.

Gutted I missed that!

I went to my tent & couldnt sleep so went to the San Remo.

Would have loved some proper trance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I though the new Glade area layout really works. The woods bit is like it used to be, you can look up and wee the trees and sunset etc. Perfect. And the main Glade stage has a great vibe for something so big. As long as your not in-between them there's no a huge sound bleed. 

I also love the new Spike bar. I don't miss having music here. 

There’s just something magical about dancing in the trees, which is why The Glade Dome was so good (and why I loved the old Glade).

New Glade position and size works well for the acts they have, but it doesn’t have the same magic to it. 

Went to watch CC there and couldn’t get anywhere near so headed to The Dome and ended up staying there for an hour and dancing to some random DJ. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Would be interested to know your thoughts on BH. We have been to most of them and worked quite a few but kind of drifted away from in recent years. 

Let me know how you find it vibe wise?

 

We’ve been to the last 5 or 6 festivals and love it. Easily our favourite, Glastonbury aside). The kids are really friendly to us old bar stewards. Love the toil trees for seeing acts as I can get up close if I want with no problem. Sound is excellent. Got an extra day this year too s it’s opening on the Thursday.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boozie19 said:

Bit of a twist but I’d love to see Pete tong’s Ibiza classics with the orchestra put high up on a stage. 

Haçienda classical opened the pyramid.

Did anyone catch Lisa Mafia & a DJ on a bus type thing playing old garage?  I can't lie, I had a good 25 mins following them around and had a good time...

20220626_133834.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Haçienda classical opened the pyramid.

Did anyone catch Lisa Mafia & a DJ on a bus type thing playing old garage?  I can't lie, I had a good 25 mins following them around and had a good time...

20220626_133834.jpg

Didn’t see this but on Sunday we see the bug driving around playing dancehall type stuff with about 4-5 performers on the back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...