Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, Sam_from_leicester said:

Hello! Just started a thread on this as I hadn’t seen this one but I’d appreciate seeing some proper banging techno / tech house at the fest for a bit, am a bit out of touch with the names of current DJs, any tips? 
like Charlotte De Witte / Bibi sort of thing 

Eats everything usually bangs a bit of tech out ofc but not sure if he will when he’s B2B with old Norman 

I posted this on reddit when some guy asked for Tech House recommendations 

Right a disclaimer: this is not my genre, I’d not go see most of these acts for free, and I’ve been quite loose with the tech-house genre (I.e. Chems, Floorplan, PartiBoi69 are not tech house but close enough for your purposes) but see below:

Camelphat 0025 - 0225 Glade Thursday 

Eats Everything presents 1.30 Stonebridge Thursday night

Danny Howard 0125 Glade Dome Thursday 

Denis Sulta 18.00 Friday in Sonic

Annie Mac 2115 Friday Glade

Patrick Topping B2B Eats Everything 23.00 Sonic Friday 

Chemical Brothers (DJ) secret set Arcadia 23:00 Friday

Dan Shake 1800 - 1930 Stonebridge Saturday 

Calvin Harris 0100 - 0200 Saturday Arcadia 

Kettama some time between 23:00 and 05:00 in Stonebridge Saturday, he’ll probably play 90 mins.

Special Request multiple times between 23:00 and 05:00 in Stonebridge Saturday. 

Floorplan 2245 - 0015 IICON Sunday 

Gorgon City - 0000-0115 Lonely Hearts Club Sunday

Sonny Foders 0115-0230 Lonely hearts club Sunday

PartiBoi69 0200-0400 Gastower Sunday

Also missing from this list is TSHA, she is not a tech house DJ, but is just straight 90s style rave and house, is a top tier DJ and is playing 3 sets over the weekend.

For Tech House the pick of the bunch for me is Kettama, he’s top tier.

For techno there’s off the top of my head:

Giant Swan (live)

Fjaak DJ set

HAAi

Daniel Avery

Pangaea x Pariah

Jon Hopkins DJ set

Elkka

Joy Orbison

(Pls do not comment with “not real techno” x)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Right a disclaimer: this is not my genre, I’d not go see most of these acts for free, and I’ve been quite loose with the tech-house genre (I.e. Chems, Floorplan, PartiBoi69 are not tech house but close enough for your purposes) but see below:

Kettama some time between 23:00 and 05:00 in Stonebridge Saturday, he’ll probably play 90 mins.

Also missing from this list is TSHA, she is not a tech house DJ, but is just straight 90s style rave and house, is a top tier DJ and is playing 3 sets over the weekend.

Nice list mate many thanks, seen a few of these but plenty of new names for me to check out :)

41 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

The biggest tech Housers at Glastonbury are undoubtedly Jamie Jones and Craig Richard. Both fabric tech house stalwarts 

2 hours ago, MaxPower said:

For techno there’s off the top of my head:

Giant Swan (live)

Fjaak DJ set

HAAi

Daniel Avery

Pangaea x Pariah

Jon Hopkins DJ set

Elkka

Joy Orbison

(Pls do not comment with “not real techno” x)

These two gonna be sick. They’re on after each other also so i’d get stuck in there.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

These two gonna be sick. They’re on after each other also so i’d get stuck in there.

I doubt I’m gonna be able to convince my group to do it and I’m sure my spangled self will be too antsy to actually stick with it either, but if I had it my way I’d probably just stay at IICON all Saturday night from Floating Points onwards. Such a great run. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I doubt I’m gonna be able to convince my group to do it and I’m sure my spangled self will be too antsy to actually stick with it either, but if I had it my way I’d probably just stay at IICON all Saturday night from Floating Points onwards. Such a great run. 

I’d be doing same if it wasn’t for Todd Edwards in Downlow. Hopefully I make it in. 

3 hours ago, rgalbraith said:

The biggest tech Housers at Glastonbury are undoubtedly Jamie Jones and Craig Richard. Both fabric tech house stalwarts 

Ah yeah sorry the original comment I’d replied to on reddit had already called them out.

Saw lots of great sets - was right in there for Four Tet on Arcadia you can see me on his instagram video of looking at my pager. Giant Swan another highlight

Having said i would try and head over to Block 9 more this year, I think we spent even more time in Silver Hayes than we did in 2019 and i didn't make it to the South East corner even once. I have to give the SH team their props though. Sonic was a huge improvement in sound and size, the layout of the whole space was better, I loved the lighting rig in Wow and the Lonely Hearts Club stage was *chefs kiss*. 

Highlights for me were:

- Giant Swan Live and Sherelle (twice on Thursday night - having never heard of her before).

- Fatboy Slim and Shy FX on Friday. 

Disappointments:

- Thought Calvin in Arcadia was a bit meh - not lease the sound levels outside the speaker ring.

- Wilkinson on LHC again, the sound seemed to really drop compared to how loud it was for Sherelle and Shy FX earlier in the day which was annoying cos he was playing some decent tunes.  

Thursday night in the glade was absolutely unreal i thought, spent Friday night in the downlow, some great disco house music being played with honey Dijon and horse meat disco. Then spent Saturday night at the gas tower fatboy slim Jamie Jones and a surprising set from Michael bibi after solomun pulled out which I was gutted about. Did anyone spend Sunday night at the flying bus ??

The Saorise, Shanti, Moxie, Peach, Cinthie takeover for sunrise at Genosys Sound system was a Glasto moment that'll live long in the memory. The mixing, track selection, sun, rain and that incredible rainbow over the Downlow was just breathtaking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Biggest disappointment - the new Genosys (didn't like it at all). I like the new position of it. The bus just looked a bit naff to me. Saw Sedef Adasi on Thursday night, who was great though.

Best set I saw - Digweed on Friday night. Was on the way to SE Corner & stayed there.

The one real set I was looking forward to was Carl Cox/ Chase n Status. 

I didn't make it due to the crush and feel like I was forced into other areas due to my dislike of large crowds. 

I managed to hear bits as I was camped up in E21. 

Who made it? Was it good? (I found the BBC mix last year pretty tame) 

Sacked off Floating Points who was boring me a bit and ended up watching Snooker Steve on the Glade dome for what was a fantastically hilarious time, capped off by him pissing himself laughing at everyone shouting 'you've snookered us steve!' at the end